It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bono wins Jerk of the century award

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Recently Bono from U2 took it upon himself to cause a major stir in South Africa. Yes, this is just some stunt, but unfortunately this retard doesn’t understand what consequences his actions may hold in a country all ready so divided.

He thought it would be proper to express his support for a song that incites racial killings towards whites. The song is known as “ Shoot the Boer/farmer ”.

Now I’m getting a little tired of feeling like my skin colour is constantly under fire and everything that’s white is seen as evil. To top the cake when certain black individuals feel the need to sing some struggle song that could be considered hate speech… that’s ok. Cause black folks are special and white people are just a bunch of lousy pigs, right?

Maybe this arsehole should do a little research on the genocide taking place in South Africa. Since the fall of Apartheid there’s been 3000 murders and 6000 attacks on white farmers. That probably makes the white-farmer easily the highest at risk murder group. Now that’s just farmers. Not including your every day folks who get slaughtered. We’re only 3 million white people in this country. Maybe even less.

Maybe Bono should asks his A.N.C. friends what a 1 year old baby, wrapped in newspaper and set alight looks like? Cause they could tell him exactly.

Just boils my blood that this guy that knows absolutely nothing of our country can come here and cause this much trouble.

First time this song became controversial a racial war almost broke out. The president had to actually address the entire nation and ask for calm.

If he could have just done his gig and left it would have been fine, but instead he had to get involved in politics. He has no idea how much trouble can come of this.

Now some local artists took it upon themselves to dump some of his show tickets in the river. Though, I doubt this will do much of anything. Doubt much of anything will happen to Bono. But I pray to god someone sticks a freaking gun to his head before he leaves South Africa.

Mean, How could you be so simple minded as to go around making statements that racially divides a country instead of bringing it together? I definitely don’t wish him the best.

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

We can only hope that the song of his self hating heart comes true for him and not some innocent white person. He's into living by the sword because he thinks he's immune from the consequences of his Uncle Tom game.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I used to like him, but seeing him in global politics and making this kind of comments is just not the right thing to do.
He needs to focus on music and no politics, they don't go together.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've been of the opinion for a long time that Bono is just a mis-guided schmuck who's fallen into the wrong company for all the wrong reasons.

I think he should've done two things: 1) retired from the music business about 20 years ago (U2 is a rotted corpse of it's former 80's self) and 2) he should've taken his money and gone somewhere quiet so we could all be put out of his misery.

I can't stand seeing him in the news mucking around Africa in his assorted get-ups like aviator shades,suit jacket and tennis shoes. He just looks ridiculous and seems to be nothing more than a pawn in the globalist agenda.

I could be wrong,but then again...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This maggot is nothing but a NWO , globalist carrier pidgeon .Rubbing shoulders with the elitist .Everywhere this so call humanitarian goes trouble breaks out in a month. He was recently exposed for defruading his own charity .It made something like 14 million ,he spent 800,000 on directors wages and not a single cent was spent anywhere else .You will find all these celebraties with charities are the same .It is time that he and all his buddies get their own Sunday bloody Sunday !
Bono and friends .

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
well said op. bono, geldoff etc, if you feel guilty about being rich fine give your money to charity.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
LOL...I was wondering if anybody out there actually think this has-been is anything but a gigantic middle-aged d-bag schmuck.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You all losers and you are OBVIOUSLY the people that did not get tickets for this awesome concert. He was taken out of context by an idiot journalist.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stan123

Did you start an account just to comment on my Bono thread?lol

I don't want tickets for U2. I don't even listen to their music

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I cant stand Bono. I have never liked him. He thinks he knows everything and that his opinion matters because he is some musician. He needs to stay out of things that dont involve him. He is a tool.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Sign me up to the anti bono side too please.

Preaching to the world about starving children while sitting on a billion pound fortune and avoiding paying tax, he sickens me. Why don't you buy them all some food Bono, we know you can afford it

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What you've seen with bono, sting, sean penn, madonna, angelina jolie "adopting" special environmental/social causes is the result of publicity firms and PR people INSTRUCTING them to get on the right side of the press prior to the potential release of negative personal info.

All the "charity work" people are doing is the result of very slick marketing campaigns. They are being handled by their Madison Avenue managers.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You know, I'm thinking screw this whole Bono debate and who said what.
In the 1980s bands like Queen were blacklisted (or almost) for simply playing Sun City, and within our borders we had a complete boycott.
How many black people did whites kill? How many did apartheid kill?
They increased from 3 million to 40 million in the 20th century.
I'm not saying apartheid was right, but it fought the disaster of African communism, and it had the highest quality of life and chance of advancement on the African continent.
We didn't kill black babies, we brought down infant mortality and increased life expectancy (now falling).
Yet they pick our people off one by one, leaving racist slogans, and horribly mutilating people for muti.
They kill white babies and some advance it openly on Facebook.
They cut off the breasts of the Lotter women - oh my Lord it is too terrible.
Yet there is no boycott!
They boycotted us when we spent tax money to build hospitals and houses, and 85% of blacks in Africa who had cars were from SA!
Indeed, many fought beside us against the ANC with their pathetic guerrilla army and torture camps.
This is not simply crime, but instigated massacre on a slow scale.
We voted for peace and equality.
This is not acceptable.
What is happening to whites is worse than apartheid.
We did not invade black people's homes, murder their babies and torture and mutilate their people.
Yet we received boycotts.
Where is the boycott now?
U2 shouldn't even be here if they stand for human rights.
There's more police brutality than ever.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stan123
You all losers and you are OBVIOUSLY the people that did not get tickets for this awesome concert. He was taken out of context by an idiot journalist.

Awhhh is that you Bono ?????? You need to get a life

edit on 18-2-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
U2 in their early days were fantastic, bit hit and miss nowadays but I suppose it get's hard after 12 studio albums.
I've seen them a couple of times live and they are really quite good.

Bono wants to use his celebrity to make a difference, I can respect that.
Unfortunately he comes across as a pretentious arsehole and a bit of a dickhead.

But at least he has an opinion, which is more than can be said for the vast majority of people, especially 'celebrities'.

ETA.
This is in no way an endorsement of or an agreement with his views!
edit on 18/2/11 by Freeborn because: See Edit.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Double post?
edit on 18/2/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join