It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Health Problems Related to Geomagnetic Storms, Earthquakes? Watch Thread.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes, it is possible that it could very well be related to all of this. I am at work now and we seem to be getting a rash of patients with strokes/TIAs and chest pain. I am off for the next 3 days so I won't be able to see if it continues, however, these two seem to be the hot ticket tonight.

Do we really know how long the whole episode lasted? Didn't they cut away from the live feed?
edit on 14-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So, the important question to ask is.. Is there something we can do to encourage the body to adapt to either a new "base frequency" (as in, Schumann resonance) or varying, fluctuating frequencies?

Maybe elevated potassium consumption? Just a random guess..

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbilly001
reply to post by soficrow

When I was working in the field as a paramedic, we would always see an increase in heart attacks when low fronts would move in. I was once told by a doctor that low fronts add increase preasure on the body and this is what caused them.

Just to correct this -- there's no such thing as a "low front" -- fronts are zones which separate masses of air that have different temperatures. There are, however, low pressure cells, around which fronts rotate. However, low pressure cells are exactly what they say -- low pressure, because the air in the cell is rising (and thus, causing less downward pressure.) Storms are associated with fronts, but rarely with cells (for a localized example, consider a tornado or hurricane, which is an area of extremely low pressure -- the centre of it is calm, but lots of chaos surrounding it.)

The opposite of a low pressure cell is a high pressure cell, which means an area where the air is descending, resulting in pressure on the Earth (and on people) but clear skies and no storms.

If there were a correlation between storms and heart attacks, I'd say it more likely due to the inherent stress associated with a threatening weather event. Someone's just about ready to teeter, along comes a thunderstorm, and the stress (even just a small amount of instinctual "find shelter!" sort of stress) pushes them over the edge.

For the OP, I'm just a little south of you (waves), and I can say that, for the past several days, my chronic breathing problems are causing their usual amount of stress, there has been an odd sound in my ears (not ringing, not humming, almost seems like a whistling), and I've really been feeling sick in the evening and having a hard time getting to sleep. But there's a lot I can attribute all that to, so we'll see if it "magically" gets better later in the week.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

So, the important question to ask is.. Is there something we can do to encourage the body to adapt to either a new "base frequency" (as in, Schumann resonance) or varying, fluctuating frequencies?

Maybe elevated potassium consumption? Just a random guess..

As flagged earlier, the body's melatonin production is interrupted via geomagnetic impacts on the pineal gland - and has sometimes huge health impacts - so taking melatonin is sometimes recommended. Effects on our microcirculation seem to cause a seesaw of high blood pressure and coagulation then the opposite - seems best to let that bit ride (any 'interventions would need constant 'adjustment' - not something Western medicine ever does, given the mistaken premise that "health" represents a static state that can be 'maintained' with static magic bullet replacement parts). ...The biggest, best and most effective thing we can all do is avoid stress.

The point here is that there is no constant - no static state. This is about cycles - constantly changing, shifting - and affecting our bodies and bio-functions, sometimes in pathological ways because of the way we live. ...Living a healthy good life is about going with the constantly shifting and changing 'flow' - recognizing it - not fighting against it. ...You are right - our planet's "base frequency" may be changing, but that's a different thing than the (fairly predictable) geomagnetic cycles being addressed here. Either way though, we are designed to adapt if we let it happen, and allow ourselves and our bodies to respond naturally.

Seems to me the best approach is awareness - and allowing our bodies' to "adjust" naturally (versus 'adapt'). Fact is, we evolved on this planet, and our systems are set up to deal with these very real constant and natural cycles. Our problem is that we've lost awareness, and live in ways that deny our connections, fight against natural cycles and so - kick back on us, sometimes fatally.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Thanks for contributing adjenson.

...Semantics aside, "low fronts" are associated with spikes in ER admissions for MI's. Some research has focused on distinguishing the impacts of temperature effects from geomagnetic influences. For example:

Advancements of the studies on the relationships between air temperature and solar activity with diseases

Varieties of air temperature and solar activity have a close correlation with human health. …Not only have solar activities a close relationship with the incidences of plague and epidemic cerebrospinal meningitis, but also high correlation with onco-genesis and infant natality and mortality.

And no, geomagnetic impacts are not "magic."

Check out the links and references in my earlier post here. You might also find these 2 (quickly grabbed) papers interesting:

From Bioelectromagnetics: Artificial static and geomagnetic field interrelated impact on cardiovascular regulation.

From Fundamental Space Research 2009: Solar and Geomagnetic Activity and Acute Myocardial Infarction Morbidity and Mortality

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Thanks for contributing adjenson.

...Semantics aside, "low fronts" are associated with spikes in ER admissions for MI's. Some research has focused on distinguishing the impacts of temperature effects from geomagnetic influences.

Again, there's no such thing as a "low front" -- there are cold fronts (cold air pushing warm air ahead of it, usually associated with strong weather events of short duration, such as thunderstorms,) warm fronts (warm air pushing over cold air, usually associated with lesser weather events of longer duration, such as a drizzling day) and stationary and occluded fronts.

I don't discount that weather has an impact on health -- I'm a veritable poster child for the effects of cold air on respiratory problems -- but I wanted to correct the poster who said that a "low front" (or even a low pressure cell) meant that pressure was a factor, because with low pressure, there is a lack of pressure on surface objects.

And no, geomagnetic impacts are not "magic."

My comment might have seemed flippant, sorry. What I meant was, if nothing else changes, but I feel better later in the week -- as if "magically" cured -- then that may be a sign that what I've been dealing with is related to current solar events. If I still feel like crud, then probably not (though that only applies to me, of course.)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

…I wanted to correct the poster who said that a "low front" (or even a low pressure cell) meant that pressure was a factor, because with low pressure, there is a lack of pressure on surface objects.

Erm. The lack of something frequently is a factor in ill health (as well as other things). For example: a lack of water results in dehydration; a lack of food causes malnutrition; a lack of geomagnetic activity might cause failure of the magnetosphere which would result in the loss of, or a lack of, atmosphere and subsequently, lack of life.

As posted earlier, low or very low level geomagnetic activity results in ill health - directly, and as a consequence of allowing cosmic rays and high energy protons into the atmosphere:

Magnetic Storms Affect Humans As Well As Telecommunications

Medical statistics for Moscow show that 70% of all micro variations, caused by geomagnetic disturbances, are accompanied by an abnormally high incidence of heart attacks (a growth of about 13%), and blood-strokes (7.5% growth). The low and extremely low frequency electromagnetic fields destabilize the heartbeat, leading to a sudden death or infarction. Medical experts have finally explained why heart attacks take a heavy toll before a magnetic storm - because micro variations begin 24 hours before the storm.

Geomagnetic activity (GMA)

...the level of GMA is not only a factor that can be related with some pathologic effects. The field is also a shield defending our planet from very energetic and potentially harmful space physical activity ingradients, such as cosmic rays and very closely related to them, high energy space proton flux, that can be more active on the surface of our planet when the GMA is extremely low [5-7].

Many people with chronic diseases that "flare-up" have noticed low air pressure aka 'low fronts' can trigger flare-ups. Granted, it may be rapid changes in pressure that trigger flare-ups, not the low pressure per se:

Understanding air pressure: Air pressure and your body

Changes in air pressure, especially rather quick changes, can affect your body. The most obvious of these are the discomfort or even pain you feel in your ears when your gain or lose altitude rather quickly, such as in an aircraft, or even a fast elevator that goes up or down several floors.

Air pressure changes can also be felt in other ways.

Also see:
* Breus, T.K., Rapoport, S.I., 2003. Magnetic storms: Medico-biological and geophysical aspects, “Sovetskii Sport” Press, Moscow (in Russian).
* Hong, F.T., 1995. Magnetic field effects on biomolecules, cells, and living organisms. Biosystems, 36(3), 187-229.
* Persinger, M.A., 1987. Geopsychology and geopsychopathology: mental processes and disorders associated with geochemical and geophysical factors. Experientia 43(1), 92-104.

You say:

there's no such thing as a "low front" -- there are cold fronts … warm fronts … and stationary and occluded fronts.

Not that I want to hijack my own thread. But. …"Low front" is a common term in common usage, referring to low air pressure and related to weather change. You say the term is inaccurate and you are not alone: FRONTS - "DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SAYING 'LOW'!"

However, even NASA recognizes the predictive role of barametric pressure changes, and many agencies including Boards of Education and Weather News Stations use the term "low front."

NASA: How Air Pressure Signals Changes in the Weather

Before Hurricanes could be spotted by satellites from space, people would keep a wary eye on their barometers during hurricane season. If the air pressure dropped, that was usually a good time to board up windows and head further inland!

AIR PRESSURE and Weather

Idaho State Board of Education: Weather

Scientists study the weather lots of different ways. What's a high or a low front? How does air pressure affect the weather? What makes the wind blow?

What is a low front?

…a low pressure area of atmosphere, by p=nrt/v, that is moving in the direction of a region of land in question.

January 26, 2011: Low front, temps determine snowfall

You say:

if nothing else changes, but I feel better later in the week -- as if "magically" cured -- then that may be a sign that what I've been dealing with is related to current solar events. If I still feel like crud, then probably not (though that only applies to me, of course.)

Chronic diseases tend to be multifactorial - responses tend to be systemic - and both externally and internally, triggers often set off a "cascade," which in the end may be far removed from the initiating factor or "trigger."

Externally: geomagnetic disturbances can trigger storms; storms create areas of high and low barometric pressure; both geomagnetic lows and low barometric pressure can affect specific bio-systems and organs, cause "flare-ups" and trigger responses that affect other bio-systems or organs, and trigger more symptoms…

It's all connected.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Ok now I have spacegoatfarts with explosive and violent flatus which mimic diarrhea but hit the toilet more like a cereal bowl after eating Wheaties.

Owhhh, I have been really spacey, and my eyes feel like they do after seeing the optometrist when they dilate the pupils. Keep looking in the bathroom mirror, but they appear normal.

Feels like being on '___' without the drugs or the high.

And talk about the people around me...

We did start the day with a family meditation, and we are trying to be aware of grounding the energy, but yes it is intense.

Have continued to experience heart/chest pain, even got sick after eating at a family dinner party, did not make it through to dessert, first meal I have enjoyed since starting a diet on Jan. 1st.

Have almost gotten used to the head pressure. But now feel nauseated along with all the rest.
edit on 15-2-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Well sitting here on my computer doing some work before getting ready to fall asleep and I am starting to get the strange sensations in my heart area in my chest. These usually come with these flare's. Curious to see if other start experiencing this. But if I remember correctly, it would make sense since our heart has its own type of electromagnetic field.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

OH ITS Onnn!!! I am dizzy and spinning.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Again, there's no such thing as a "low front" -- there are cold fronts (cold air pushing warm air ahead of it, usually associated with strong weather events of short duration, such as thunderstorms,) warm fronts (warm air pushing over cold air, usually associated with lesser weather events of longer duration, such as a drizzling day) and stationary and occluded fronts.

I have heard and seen cold fronts being called low pressure fronts or low fronts many times over many years of meteorological study.

Recent news examples:

The southern track of the low-pressure front will move east from near Gainesville to St. Augustine, then drift offshore in the evening.

www.news4jax.com...

Incessant showers are plaguing the tri-state area on Thursday as a low front lingers and pushes its way slowly across the area, CBS 2’s John Elliott reports

newyork.cbslocal.com...

In any event, the shockwave from X-class 2.2 flare /CME should be arriving shortly:

CME Arrival Time: 2011-02-17 02:57:50.0 GMT

Arival Time Confidence Level: ± 6 hours
Disturbance Duration: 6 hours
Disturbance Duration Confidence Level: ± 8 hours
Magnetopause Standoff Distance: 5.5 Re

We also had a minor proton event (positive ions) with this X class flare event, which may explain if any one has notices higher levels of irritability, anxiety and tension recently

edit on 16-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Not sure if it's a symptom but I've been very tired/moody for a few weeks now.

There's a slight lingering depression as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well what a coinkydink,.
A sales guy at our company droped dead yesterday of a masive heartattack.
Hmmm and he wasnt that outta shape, could have been diet soda also
edit on 17-2-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Okay, just to check in with you guys, my symptoms abated right after that CME hit. I have not experienced an arrhythmia since then. Coincidence? I don't know, but I'm going to pay A LOT more attention to the sun's geomagnetic energy from here on out.

You know, the spot that ejected that mess is no longer facing earth, too. I wonder if that plays a part. It'll be interesting to see if my heart starts wigging out when it comes back around.

Stay tuned...

Pam

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Positive ions, as in protons, could have adverse effects on health. Could be that ionization of the upper atmosphere trickled down into the lower atmosphere or it's the social media placebo effect.

Proton storm from the X2.2:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e38a5de266cd.gif[/atsimg]

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun

"We used to think the connection was permanent and that solar wind could trickle into the near-Earth environment anytime the wind was active," says Sibeck. "We were wrong. The connections are not steady at all. They are often brief, bursty and very dynamic."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This site claims that solar storms influence stock trading:
www.superforce.com...

Snippet from this site:

Positive Ion Overdose Symptoms:
Applies to the Majority of Population

Emotionally Unstable: Boredom, Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Aggression, Greed...

Increased migrane headaches, joint pain, repiratory problems; Asthma, Hayfever...

Physical decrease for over 75% of the population due to adrenal exhaustion, gets worse with consecutive positive ion days.

Excess Adrenaline release: Physical increase for less than 25% of the population, (Only the healthiest and yongest with enough adrenal reserve experiance this).

Best Days for Stock Markets as people tend to buy. Stores to hold sales as people will buy more - greed factor.

Worst Days for Staff Meetings (low attention spans), School tests (lower IQ scores), Driving (Road Rage increases).

Air Quality decreases as pollution is positively charged.

Foods of Choice: Cravings for fast food, sugar and caffine.

Movie and T.V. choices: Action, adventure and Horror movies will be appeal to viewers.

edit on 19-2-2011 by Regenmacher because: additional info

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

From the 11th I felt unwell. Flu/cold like symptoms with tummy pain.
Then on the 17th I had a migraine and had to lay down for most of the day because of it. I did start to feel better on and off for that evening/night. I then woke up at 4am (18th) with the worst migraine ever. I felt sick, dizzy and generally very unwell. I went and took some pain relief and went back to bed. When i awoke at 7.30am i felt really refreshed and it was like i hadn't had a migraine a few hours before!

I would also like to add that i suffer from migraines and have since my teens, it will always start on the right side of my head. I will normally have one migraine attack a month lasting for upto 3 days. But over the last 6 weeks i have had 4 migraine attacks and each one has seemed worst than the last.

There is nothing that i have changed in my diet or any other reason that could have caused the increase of my migraines.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I as well have been feeling out of the norm,.
Heart fluttering feeling,. kinda like being over caffeinated
slight headache and my diet has been consistent,.( and I am a healthy consumer)
I did however up my intake of cal, mag, and potassium about a week ago.

But since the major activity has decreased,. so have my symptoms,.
and this wasnt even a direct hit per Phage,.
If this is truly related,. I am not looking forward to anything more severe.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
After several hours of inactivity last night, my resting heart rate was 104 - WAY too high (should have been low to mid-70's). And that's with Metoprolol, which:

Decreases heart rate, contractility and cardiac output...

Anyone know what was happening with geomagnetic activity?

Ed. to add - ALSO have dizziness, blurry vision, slow foggy brain.

edit on 21/2/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Anyone know what was happening with geomagnetic activity?

No idea, although there was a massive storm south of us that pounded South Dakota, southern Minnesota and Wisconsin with snow.

As for me, I have to withdraw from reporting any results from last week's event, as I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and he changed my medication, so subsequent changes (and there have been some) I will attribute to that, for now.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Had chest pains late last week until the weekend. Headaches since Sunday. This type of headache I've associated with EQ activity before, but not the relationship between chest pains and geomagnetics. Will monitor it more closely.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join