It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand Off In Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hi All,

As this is my first thread, please be gentle!

As off today There is a stand-off in Cairo's Tahrir Square as protesters who have camped there for 20 days thwart army efforts to clear the area.

Full Story

With what is going on around this region including Yemen, Algeria and possibly Iran come Monday 14th I have the uneasy notion that this situation is quickly spinning out of control. What actions will the Military take to clear the streets? How will the Protestors Respond?

Very edgy.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Good lord, things changed quickly! Hope they haven't jumped from the frying pan into the fire.

Last night when I was watching the updates, the protesters were partying, and *cleaning* up their own mess.

Now this. Security seems even tighter than it was before Mubarak's resignation.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Butbutbut. . . . the protesters won!

I mean, didn't they? Mubarak is gone. So it's all rainbows and unicorns now.

Sarcasm, off.

If anyone thinks it's going to be smooth sailing from here on out, I've got a bridge I'm selling. The REAL revolution is only just begining.

Nice start BTW. S+F

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

i believe that the army will not do a foolish thing and clear the square by force , they were there to protect the civilians from the police who used to work for the government , now they're keeping the place safe , its true that they asked the people to go home but the people said that they will not , and the army understands that very well.

early this morning i saw the civilians cleaning the streets by them selves , no one asked them to do that , and that proves that they are acting in a civilized manners.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I fear for what will replace the old regime and this is natural, there will be revelers and party goers celebrating for quite some time, but after what has happened the people are going to be less apt to follow orders from the police, or at least some but that would be expected.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Thanks for you input guys, I'm absolutely intrigued by this. Bit like The Keystone Cops at the moment. Even my other half is taking an interest and she hates all things Political! lol

But back to case in point -- Judging by the video it seems the Army have no clue how to deal with this. No orders coming from above as they say. So it begs the queestion. Who is pulling the strings?

I have a feeling Mubarak is still in charge and a ruse has been concocted to try and get the country back on track. Remember, this is Tourist country and if the peeps ain't there... No Egyptian Pounds!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Congratulations on your first post. I think we need to keep positive in our thoughts regarding Egypt. They have kept cool all this time I don't see them losing it now. Here is more news: www.washingtonpost.com...

Seems calm and reasonable. Keep posting

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
Hi All,

As this is my first thread, please be gentle!

As off today There is a stand-off in Cairo's Tahrir Square as protesters who have camped there for 20 days thwart army efforts to clear the area.

Full Story

With what is going on around this region including Yemen, Algeria and possibly Iran come Monday 14th I have the uneasy notion that this situation is quickly spinning out of control. What actions will the Military take to clear the streets? How will the Protestors Respond?

Very edgy.

Come Monday? Is that where you hope to get more info, or is that a set date for protests?
Good job BTW

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

edit on 13-2-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Double

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Hopefully a bit of both come Monday. Although in honesty I heard about a possible protest scheduled for Iran on Monday within ATS. It may be wrong... But.... Stranger things have happened!

I'm just hooked with this whole thing... More twist and turns than a conger eel on heat!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

There are protests scheduled for monday in Iran. If the past is any guide, the people of Iran won't get such a warm welcome.

As far as any trouble makers in Egypt go, it's more than likely agent provocateurs from the Mubarak regime who are wantog to paint those who ousted them in a negative light on the world stage.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Well, that makes it all the more interesting. That will be a bloodbath if that happens.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ah cool, thanks, Thank you guys, was a big help, getting into ATS a lot now, feels good. However, do you guys have any opinions on which countries might follow, a scenario or two? And do you think it is stopping the NWO in it's tracks (If you people believe in that) Thank you friends

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well now that depends on a large number of factors. There's rumblings in many of the dictatorial contries over there and those who sit in power all through the region are likely worried that what has happened in Tunisia and now Egypt will be on their doorstep soon.

If they try and disrupt access to information by it's people things will probabl get ugly as many of the powerful are also quite ruthless. Jeans president was one of the hostage takers back in the Carter/Reagan era so that country could very well see vary harsh measures to put down protests.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

It's hard to say at this point Jamie TBH. I hate to be the one who says this place or this place is next without sounding like an idiotic prophet, it's not my thing lol

But considering the whole Mid-East and how little skirmishes are popping up all over the place I would have to say the US. Things are almost as taut over there and maybe the UK... Remember those student protests? I don't know if this is the NWO starting to bite (divide and conquer) which could help them, or if people really have had enough and again playing into their hands. Just my pennies worth.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.what did you expect from military rule.They have to establish order and get the country back to normal.I think and this is my opinion that the people remaining in the square are the same idealists who think things like making a democratic society overnight is an easy thing to do.They want ,like many in america want instant gratification and instant change.It can't happen like this or you get the French revolution ......A bloody violent mess.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thank you, I really appreciate your input friends
Well, I know recently that it wasn't just student protests which are still going on mildly. I know there is a big movement scheduled for either March or May. This would involve twice if not triple the amount of workers/students/ethnicities. I will try and find the link, I thought it was quite "moving".

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

how right you are!!
the msm is maniulating our "view" as usual. the US/Israel will not allow actual freedumb in the middle east. how could they? after all the theft and slaughter by the mossad backed false jews. once the people in the M.E. realize the big picture the israelis are history and they know this and will die before they lose their control

I just hope the egyptians can spot the bait and switch

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante

It's hard to say at this point Jamie TBH. I hate to be the one who says this place or this place is next without sounding like an idiotic prophet, it's not my thing lol

But considering the whole Mid-East and how little skirmishes are popping up all over the place I would have to say the US. Things are almost as taut over there and maybe the UK... Remember those student protests? I don't know if this is the NWO starting to bite (divide and conquer) which could help them, or if people really have had enough and again playing into their hands. Just my pennies worth.

The whole deal in egypt has been being played from behind the scenes since before the protesters took to the streets...as for the people - they have no idea that the people helping them "fight" for their freedom are the very same ones who wish to take it away again. As for protests starting in the US/UK - too early in the year for that.. it's too cold outside still. I wouldn't expect those until later, possibly in middle March but more likely into May. For now, it will be confined to the "warmer" climes - the middle east is the hotbed now and the valentines day protests will likely turn very negative very quickly. They will be, however, a spark that will ignite a huge debate on the international stage leading into the equinox in March, and the US will be playing a heavy role in that one according to the astrology of it (looks like the US is basically on trial in all of this come march 22). Taking into account the web bot stuff, it looks like Ireland will play a central role as well - just not sure how that aspect will play out

top topics

join