It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transparent UFO near Mount Fuji, Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Is it me or does the video look old, possibly with a 'grain' to it, like it was filmed in the 60's and then the object added or in an effort to add the object some sort of filter was used.

The quality looks nothing like a 2010 era video camera...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

There's an earlier, higher resolution version...

The location looks like it's possibly a light aircraft airfield, but it's hard to be sure. The footage is woefully grainy like it was filmed on 70s stock. Neither uploader has given credit to the source of the video.

The thing that has really bugged me with this video is that nothing moves. There's some kind of steam or smoke above a building in the background and it's frozen. The man by the vehicle doesn't move at all and the object in the sky doesn't move.

It's as if the original source of the footage has filmed a printed panorama and the UFO has been added later.

I've watched it about 10 times (different resolutions) and taken stills to enlarge background and object. Nothing I've found is enough to call hoax, but I'm not happy with it. It's an anonymously sourced video of low quality, no sharpness and no background information to go on. These factors usually point to hoax, but who can say at this point?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

This looks like some kind of portal.... except i dont see anything come through it.... maybe it doesn't work or its some kind of test....

There sure does seem to be a lot of strange looking objects in the sky of late.... can't all be put down to planes, helicopters, balloons, meteors, satellites etc etc...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Quite possibly. There's a definite graininess and the vehicles don't look like 2010 technology either. Maybe you're on the right track and it's actually from videotape?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for that additional higher definition version Kandinsky.

I believe it is filmed in HD originally, then 'youtubed' down to current quality, it would be interesting to hear what the filmmaker has to say about it.

I believe that there is nothing to indicate this is filmed behind a window. There's a panoramic sweep made at least 90 degrees wide, but I would comfortably say more. The camera pans up in the sky and down to the ground, at no time is there anything such as a window reflex, window framework or shadow to indicate a window. It's an outdoor shot as far as you can tell.

I believe there would be a visible distortion effect from the autofocus keeping a semi-transparent object in focus IF the supposed object was a droplet on or a chip in a window on a fairly close distance, and there would be additional visual autofocusing as the camera pans out, then re-centers on the object. There is none, which prompts me to believe that object is really an object at a distance in the sky.

For already mentioned reasons I do not believe it to be a balloon. It's a pretty clear sky, so we should be able to rule out a number of possible atmospheric phenomenon.

So what is it?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If you look to the right of the other guy filming at approx. 00:24 you can see what seems to be another drop of water. Check it out.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by IamWatching

Interesting that you should mention that IW, because when I look at that blimp it seems to me that it's moving.

A droplet moving sideways?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

These guys appear to be the original uploaders and they're saying nothing about the source.

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

ETA: S&F ( I thought I had already). It's an interesting video and worth the attention.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Yes, untraceable videos is definitely a minus in terms of credibility.

What makes this even more interesting though is that IamWatching spotted another object, next to the second cameraman and the van around 00:24 that to me - with my layman's eyes - is floating sideways in the air.

I can't identify that object either, this is weird...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Sorry to go on but I've played that footage constantly and I'm 100% positive that the footage is not from 2010 or even close, I think I saw a typical tape glitch at the bottom. It looks like as I've said before footage that could be from the 60's to late 80's but if that a digital camera I'll eat my hat..

I may have to buy one first but I'll eat it...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamWatching
If you look to the right of the other guy filming at approx. 00:24 you can see what seems to be another drop of water. Check it out.

Grabbed a SC for you
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/694e0dac6cd0.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
What is the second cameraman filming? Daisies growing on Mt. Fuji?

Maybe he is just filming Mount Fuji, it's a major tourist attraction. BTW how do we know he's filming? He might as well be taking photos.
edit on 13-2-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8defc6105c64.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aadac684dd11.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 2/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: crop

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Nice catch.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
A year or so ago scientists announced putting a laser on Aluminum transformed it into another element making it transparent. Maybe when you the UFOs it's because their equipment is not working, and that they are here all the time! I know I have mentioned this on ATS before.
edit on 13-2-2011 by frugal because: Sp

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
The thing that has really bugged me with this video is that nothing moves. There's some kind of steam or smoke above a building in the background and it's frozen. The man by the vehicle doesn't move at all and the object in the sky doesn't move.

It's as if the original source of the footage has filmed a printed panorama and the UFO has been added later.

Yes, exactly my thoughts.

Similar shoot with water drops, taken behind a window:

edit on 13-2-2011 by elevenaugust because: Resized image

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
A year or so ago scientists announced putting a laser on Aluminum transformed it into another element making it transparent. Maybe when you the UFOs it's because their equipment is not working, and that they are here all the time! I know I have mentioned this on ATS before.
edit on 13-2-2011 by frugal because: Sp

"Transparent aluminum?"
"Who's to say he didn't invent the stuff...?"
edit on 2/13/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Grabbed a SC for you
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/694e0dac6cd0.jpeg[/atsimg]

You'll make a great debunker one day Versa,

You've already learnt how to filter out the information that does not fit with your theory, and retain only that which does.

Now, scrap your still image and go back to the video and watch it. Watch it several times. See how the 'water droplet moves from left to right?

According to gravitational laws, a droplet would perhaps work itself downwards, but not sideways.

If we were looking through the windshield of a moving car, then aerodynamic forces could perhaps force it sideways... but are we looking through the windshield of a moving car? And if so, why isn't the same thing happening with the 'droplet' up in the sky?

Debunking debunkers is almost as fun as debunking UFOs!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

One possibility not mentioned is that the "object" looks exactly like what a perfectly circular hole would look like in a window. The lighting seems correct as does the perspective.

If shot through a window, would the auto focus ever "see" anything to focus upon but the invisible (to us) glass?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join