It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by youdidntseeme

That's a lot of schools for a BS. Guess she quit those too
Did she really actually earn a degree? Maybe we should demand to see her diploma

My thoughts as well. Jimmy Carter had a similar path, attending three schools before finishing up at the Naval Academy. Kenndy troved through 3 schools as well before ending at Harvard. He then dropped out of grad school.

The last President to not actually graduate from college was Truman. So its not without precedent to travel through a few schools before getting into the Oval Office. But I will state again, 2012 against the incumbent Obama, I dont think Palin stands much of a chance. The RNC had better put forward a better candidate if they hope to compete.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Oh, that wasn't a slam. I attended quite a few schools myself. Many do as at that age it's natural. However, this combined with later life tendencies to quit and avoid uncomfortable situations might be more indicative of a pattern of behavior that might not be the best thing in a president.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I know it wasnt

I was agreeing with you and adding to the point (I always withhold info so I will have more to say later!!haha)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes I could. Antone that draws so much fear from the lib commies has got to have something. If she is a non issue as the libs always say, why the hell does she scare them so much. She’s got my help and vote as soon as she declares her candidacy. I just heard some bogus quotes she was reported to say. Why would they do that if she didn’t matter?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sarah and Newt 2012!!!! So not true.. sorry!

So has-been, so upgraded by the news media-ocrity...

Might as well "BRING BACK BUSH"!!!???

Of one sort or another.

Sorry end /cynical

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why is she even running? I've yet to meet anyone that would vote for her as Prez. Are we that desperate where we hype someone that doesn't even have a chance? Me no comprende..at all.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Yes I can. Obama made it to be President, didn't he? And look how good he's been.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
reply to post by mtnshredder

Yes I can. Obama made it to be President, didn't he? And look how good he's been.

Yeah, awesome beyond belief.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I think she would do best in a Sec. position.
I hope you meant the type Bill Clinton had.
AND TO THREAD. She reminds me of a politican in australia years ago. Pauline Hanson was here name. She was an air head Too. Pauline was supported by of a few of the locals, she was followed by the media and constantly showed them and the rest of australia just how stupid she was. And when it came election time no one except a few voted for her red necked ideals. I hope Palin isnt elected as she would have already would of attacked south korea. Yes, i said south. She didnt even know that ITS the NORTH. I wouldnt even trust her with the biscuits, let alone the presidency, either way she will burn down the house

edit on 12-2-2011 by meathed because: mistakes i did make

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
If she is a non issue as the libs always say, why the hell does she scare them so much. .

They might think she might invite them on a hunting trip. Pretty sure Cheney's cronies would refuse.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
For those folks who say they like her because she speaks in plain English, you should follow Dr Ron Paul.

He speaks in English, has the political experience to be President, and actually makes sense.

While Palin can slam her opponents in plain language, she has absolutely no ideas of her own on what she would do if she ever became President. She won't do news interviews to anyone other than "friendly" networks such as FAUX News, she won't take questions from the media when doing any of her public appearances, and she NEVER has any of her own ideas, all she does is slam others over things they've said or done.

No, I can't see this woman ever becoming President. Once the primaries start, and Republicans go after her in earnest (they will turn their anti Democrat mud slinging on each other) she won't stand a chance. She'll be the primary target for all the other candidates. People like Huckabee, Romney, Trump, Giuliani, and Gingrich will go after her with a passion, and will attack everything she says. They won't give her quarter, and won't let up for a second.

They will go after her like a pit bull in the debates, she will claim "unfairness" and "bias" and make herself look like an idiot, if she even goes to the debates at all. My guess is, that she will claim some sort of nonsensical reason not to attend the debates (such as "questioner bias", even if it's someone like Bill O'Reilly), then will have an aide answer the questions a few days later on her facebook page and on twitter. She won't have any ideas, she will just slam the answers of the real candidates who actually went to the debates.

Oh, and in so far as Trump running for President, I can see him running, not getting elected, and then possibly putting himself up as someone's Vice Presidential Candidate. Romney / Trump would make a great "businessman" ticket for 2012 wouldn't you think?
edit on 12-2-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Oh, and in so far as Trump running for President, I can see him running, not getting elected, and then possibly putting himself up as someone's Vice Presidential Candidate. Romney / Trump would make a great "businessman" ticket for 2012 wouldn't you think?
edit on 12-2-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

Romney/Trump 2012 has a nice ring to it.
Definetly a more powerful ticket than Palin/anyone, and I dont dislike Palin.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I swear to God people some people have a Palin fetish. They just can't allow the woman to fade into obscurity. They have to keep bringing her back up.......

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I swear to God people some people have a Palin fetish. They just can't allow the woman to fade into obscurity. They have to keep bringing her back up.......

I'd say more of a justified fear than fetish. To think that woman could be in a position to authorize the the use of nuclear weapons is a disturbing thought.

At least I haven't seen anyone suggest a Palin / Bachmann ticket. Dumb / Dumber 2012.

edit on 13-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sarah Palin. Hmmm.

Now the media and pundits and wonks and current politicians would want to tell you that a politician has to be smooth, glib, have answers in 15 second sound bites.

Anyone who is honest, acts like the rest of us, or who doesn't have pre-packaged answers made up by staffers, is going to be slammed.

All of those who denounce Palin, go right on ahead. You are just illustrating yourselves as the sheep that the media wants you to be.

Palin wouldn't be my first choice. Michele Bachmann would. But any oppourtunity to get rid of progressive-Obama is an oppourtunity to me.

Please, carry on and slam Palin.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
At least I haven't seen anyone suggest a Palin / Bachmann ticket. Dumb / Dumber 2012.

K squared...

Would you like to explain that a bit? What is it about Bachmann that makes you think she is dumber than Palin?

Its kind of easy to throw these statements out there with no resoning, but I'd like a little reasoning please.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

First to be clear the OP requested opinions. So there are no wrong answers, but I'll oblige you nonetheless.

Here are a few quick reasons:

Our Founding Fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery

Bachmann advocates nuclear response to cyber attack

Ten Craziest Michelle Bachmann Quotes

1. "I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009

2. "I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008

3. "Take this into consideration. If we look at American history, between 1942 and 1947, the data that was collected by the Census Bureau was handed over to the FBI and other organizations at the request of President Roosevelt, and that's how the Japanese were rounded up and put into the internment camps. I'm not saying that that's what the Administration is planning to do, but I am saying that private personal information that was given to the Census Bureau in the 1940s was used against Americans to round them up, in a violation of their constitutional rights, and put the Japanese in internment camps." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, June 2009

4. "During the last 100 days we have seen an orgy. It would make any local smorgasbord embarrassed … The government spent its wad by April 26." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, accusing the Obama administration of premature fiscal ejaculation, May 2009

5. "That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress, and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions." -Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), a pro-lifer who completely missed the irony of using the same slogan as the pro-choice movement in arguing against health care reform

6. "Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009

7. "There are hundreds and hundreds of scientists, many of them holding Nobel Prizes, who believe in intelligent design." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, Oct. 2006

8. "I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us 'having a revolution every now and then is a good thing,' and the people -- we the people -- are going to have to fight back hard if we're not going to lose our country." -Rep. Rep. Michele Bachmann, March 2009

9. "Does that mean that someone's 13-year-old daughter could walk into a sex clinic, have a pregnancy test done, be taken away to the local Planned Parenthood abortion clinic, have their abortion, be back and go home on the school bus? That night, mom and dad are never the wiser." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on health care reform's potential to dupe parents, October 2009

10. "I don't know where they're going to get all this money because we're running out of rich people in this country." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, accusing the Obama administration of plotting to divert money from Republican to Democratic districts and planning to tax the wealthy to fund the windfalls, Feb. 2009

SOURCE

You're welcome.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
C'Mon ATS.

Palin is a tool to afford Obama another 4 years to push forward the agenda.

She is Kerry-esque as it were.

We all run around telling each other to wake up but continue to argue about control systems like race, religion, gender, political orientation, etc;

Peace

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Never said your opinion was wrong, just asking for clarification. Thank you for your response, I have seen much of the before, especally the quotes that are passed around like candy. We all know that every politician has a quote list very similar, and Bachmann's actually are not half bad, I am sure we can come up with much worse from her if we tried.

Let's examine Bachmann in detail a little it more too, just for the sake of being thorough.

For the liberals who do not like Michelle Bachmann, we first have to point out that she actually has departed from the Republican party at times.

In 2007 Bachmann requested a full hearing on Bush's plan to increase the number of troops in Iraq, along side many from the other side of the aisle. In fact she actually voted no, one of the only R's to do so when the final vote came to pass. In fact many D's actually voted for the troop increase, going against the popular opinion of the liberals in this country.

She was also opposed to Bush's College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007, because she believed that it in fact did not aid who it was targetting, but would only hurt them in the long run.

Bachmann was also against all of the Wall Street bailouts, side by side with mny D's as well. I have heard so many people here on ATS decrying these bailouts, at the same time bashing the 'elite neocons' whom the bailouts were supporting. Bachmann is in agreeance with you.

With all of thet being said, I would not support Bachmann on the ticket with Palin either. I dont feel that she quite has the track record for the executive branch just yet, but like Obama in 2008, that might not be the deciding factor should she make it to the nom. Palin or Bachmann are intriguing choices, but the R's will want to have a more powerful duo is they plan to upend the Oval Office in '12.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Darkrunner

I'd say more of a justified fear than fetish. To think that woman could be in a position to authorize the the use of nuclear weapons is a disturbing thought.

I think anyone rational realizes she would never win. She may get a few, fat Kansas housewives to vote for her, but that's about it.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join