It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Can anyone actually visulize Palin as the President/Commander and Chief of our country.....has nothing to do with her being a woman, just curious who thinks she should be President and why?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
She's gorgeous. There's something very kinky bout that lady

But I don't know if shes smart enough to run a country... maybe smart enough bake some biscuits in my kitchen yeah

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well I honestly like Palin very much,I think she speaks from her heart which is rare for a politician.However I truly don't think I can picture her as the President of the U.S.,I think her just being thrown onto the national scene out of the blue has hurt her.I also believe she has made big mistakes such as resigning as governer and maybe overexposing herself a bit.All that said I would trade our current president and all my draft picks for the next 2 years to have her replace Obama for the rest of his term.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

But I don't know if shes smart enough to run a country... maybe smart enough bake some biscuits in my kitchen yeah

I didn't ask if you would do her or not LOL.
Well heck even I can bake bisquits but it wouldn't be in your kitchen

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would prefer to vote for Minnie Mouse over the half Governor Sarah.....

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

Chrome don't get you home.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Full disclosure....YouDidntSeeMe is a conservative and did vote for McCain/Palin in 2008

I decided to look at Palin's education background to begin with.
She attended a number of different schools during her undergrad career. I am using wikipedia as a source for this because the info is all in one spot, please forgive me

University of Hawaii at Hilo
Hawaii Pacific College
North Idaho College
Matanuska-Susitna College
University of Idaho - (B.S., 1987)

Her degree was in communications with emphasis on journalism, and has never attended grad school. Does this necessarily discredit her as a candidate, not exactly. Reagan had attended Eureka College (small school) and never attended grad school.

In fact her career mirrors Reagan's in a way. Both attended small schools. Both went on to work in the broadcast medium, Reagan, first as a radio broadcaster then obviously his career in Hollywood. Palin went on to work as a sportscaster in Alaska.

Both Palin and Reagan began in state government, Reagan being Governor of California and Palin as Governor of Alaska, working her way up from cuncil woman to Mayor of Wasilia before running for governor.

Palin was Chairperson of Alaska Oil and Gas Conservatin Commission, while Reagan served as the President of the Screen Actors Guild.

These are the commonalities between the two. Draw from it what you may, I am in no way saying that Palin is the 21st century Reagan, because they certainly have their differences as well. Reagan served during the Cold War where patriotism was bouncing back in the post Vietnam years. Palin would not see the same patriotism, unless the course changes in the middle East. Reagan was what every public speaker strives to be, and Palin is still struggling with that aspect of her career.

With that being said, I think Palin stands as much of a chance as any other potential candidates at this time, but I dont think she can topple Obama in 2012. It would take a candidate a little stronger that Palin to move the White House in the 'right' direction again, that is unless the healthcare battle and economy become much bigger issues (as they should be).

Palin in 2012, viable ticket, but has a hard battle to take the White House from Obama.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

excellent post stars for research and depth

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sarah Palin.? That should be where your question stops OP. Just like, what the hell... ?! I'm not from the USA but seriously. I can't believe this person is even in the media. Her whole attitude is so backward. She's aggressive in her tone and demeanor under examination, her rally's sound like shes riling the troops for battle. What kind of image does that portray to other nations cuz from where i'm sitting were getting some pretty negative vibes.

She does not come across as a friendly, loving person but more a conniving, devious one. I'm here in 2011, i'm 21 and based on my humble opinion of the state of the world i really think it's important people like that are not given that kind of power anymore. Do you really want someone with a predisposed chip on their shoulder in office cuz last time that happened the result was Iraq.

Down with that sort of thing!

link   
She may very well walk out of office if offered a prime time comedy. She's nothing more than an opportunist and the biggest money hungry phony I have ever seen. The woman doesn't even have simple sense of global anything. Have you heard some of her gaffes? Jeez Louise!

But yeah, she can bake me some cookies too!
Less talkie....more bakey!
edit on 12-2-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

link   
I don't really see Palin as a strong presidential candidate. She's certainly a political personality, to be certain, and I believe she is rather honest - but she'd get creamed in a debate, especially against a speaker like Obama (damned if the man knows one iota of what he's saying, but he says it well).

The unfortunate part is that she's always catching so much negative media coverage that she's kind of isolated herself, as people with a non-media career are a little cautious to let her get too close. Talk shows have no problem letting her on - but she's got such a high-profile blooper reel that has been broadcast as being the feature film, she's a political hot-potato that people don't seem to want to hold on to for very long.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

That's my whole point.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Shara Palin should defiantly not be president. I don't think she has the capability to be president nor the right intentions. Also i can't take her seriously with that show she has. It's called like Shara Palin Alaska or something.It just seems odd someone that might run for president has a tv show about her self . I can't really take her seriously and no it's not because she is a women, on that note i don't want Shara Palin to be the first example of female president.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubking
. Also i can't take her seriously with that show she has. It's called like Shara Palin Alaska or something.

Show she "had" they cancelled her. I tried once to watch it, don't think I lasted a minute.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Sarah Palin isn't a politician anymore. She is a media personality that just happens to come from a political background that was actually a miserable failure.

Ex gov Palin will be around a long long time raking in the cash for speaking appearances, books, TV commentary etc. and her devotees will support her with their time and money. Just like preteens loved Hannah Montana or Zac Efron.
Same deal.

edit on 12-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I think she would do best in a Sec. position.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Palin for President? Nope, can't see it. To paraphrase Winston Churchill : "She has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."

Normally when I hear a worthy political candidate speak and they share their goals and objectives for the future I'm encouraged. I’m awestruck by their devotion to public service and inspired to be a better American citizen. I often research their background and if their policies and platforms are sound, support them with my vote. However, when I hear Palin speak I think, wow I just made a huge spit bubble.

edit on 12-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Not a Palin fan. So, no. I can't see her running and winning. I believe she hurt McCain's campaign, and her exposure since has been even more bizarre. She appears very reluctant to go on record about anything of significance (other than her space-contrained tweets) and appears to hide unless she appears in a friendly place like Fox. She's got that charming, down-home gift of gab that appeals to some people, but it's not enough.

reply to post by youdidntseeme

That's a lot of schools for a BS. Guess she quit those too
Did she really actually earn a degree? Maybe we should demand to see her diploma

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ugh double post...sorry.
edit on 2/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
Can anyone actually visulize Palin as the President/Commander and Chief of our country.....has nothing to do with her being a woman, just curious who thinks she should be President and why?

In response to your thread title: No, thank you.
As for your post: She'd make a horrible president. Why? She's a quitter.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join