It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official sought to keep meeting secret in trooper crash case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Official sought to keep meeting secret in trooper crash case

www.rawstory.com

E-mails obtained by the Belleville News-Democrat through the Illinois Freedom of Information Act showed that workers' compensation arbitrator Jennifer Teague sought to keep the meeting secret.

The reason why: Former state trooper Matt Mitchell had plead guilty to reckless homicide after he was involved in a accident that killed 18-year-old Jessica Uhl and 13-year-old Kelli Uhl of Collinsville on Nov. 23, 2007. Authorities said he was driving at 126 mph, talking on his cell phone and e-mailing when the accident happened.

Mitchell later filed a workers' compensation claim with the state.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
HOLY SMOKES...I swear, I feel like I am in the TWILIGHT ZONE today with all of this insanity going on.

Here is ANOTHER story, with corruption and COVER-UPS on multiple levels, and an absolute RAPING of the "system" by crooked individuals.

So this trooper, who was grotesquely NEGLIGENT, winds up KILLING two young teenagers in an accident HE CAUSED, not only skates free, but actually files a WORKERS COMP claim, I'm assuming due to injuries he himself obtained during his crash.

And the workers comp arbiTRAITOR held a "secret" meeting with the guy to grant his claim! So they bypassed even a PUBLIC hearing and are bilking the tax-payers after this guy's idiocy KILLED TWO KIDS!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It looks from my point of view that this behavior is becoming epidemic. These criminals just take and take...Like Robin Trower said "The takers get the honey,the giver sings the blues" All we can do is sing the blues...They are not going to change or give up their power with out a fight.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

police today are corrupt by their deeds, every single cop knows of a corrupt cop or judge. yet they don't arrest them, for PERSONAL REASONS i.e. keeping their jobs.. how detestable..

police are like the sheriff of nottingham's men in Robin Hood.. i side with Robin Hood every time.

Rob from the rich to give BACK to the poor (that which the rich have stolen thru corruption) only problem is that the police are sheilding the evil deeds carried out upon the people by politicians, elites and their tool the corporation..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Boy I miss the concept of the Rule of Law. It'd be nice if we even paid lip-service to it anymore. But, no, privilege (etymologically: "private law") is privilege and the cops are just the biggest gang with the most guns. Best pay your protection money this April...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
and yet, worker's comp routinely denies real workers who have accidents due to no fault of their own. Just another example of why our Government and it's programs should be destroyed and we should start all over again.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I am suprised they even bothered to keep it secert everyone knows atories like this but little if anything is ever done about it.....just the same old....thats how it is we cant do about it......from everyone. We need to take a page from the Egyptian book and start protesting this stuff before it gets to the point of civil war or slavery

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
First of all, you need to realize that cops are NOT there to protect you,the citizen. Police have no affirmative mandate to protect you as a citizen. They are there only to protect the LAW and the property of the city/state that employs them! In protecting the law they control you either monetarily (just fines) or with jail time and fines + lawyers fees!

No Affirmative Mandate

The machine (government) will and nearly always does protect their employees! We are just cattle in the barn yard awaiting the slaughter!
Zindo
edit on 2/12/2011 by ZindoDoone because: spelling

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
That there are still people who argue that cops are not above the law is amazing.

Here is a perfect example of a cop "just doing his job".

If this were any "regular" citizen, worker's comp wouldn't even be an issue, because we'd be facing life in prison.
Yet he was suspended with pay for two years (what's the point of that, anyway?).

Pathetic, just pathetic.

top topics

join