It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

They Are Here. What's Your Reaction?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I would say "I knew it!!". They have been takling about them pesky illegal aliens for years, anyways. Then I would mow letters in my lawn saying: GO BACK TO MARS YOU MARTIANS!!




posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I think Id start by ringing all those who called me crazy when I had mentioned that I had seen a UFO and that I had missing time to ask what they now thought of it all.

Then Id sit down and think it thru as to what this means for us as a world.

My own thoughts would be of great relief, having believed that there is life out there.

But working with the public like I do, I would start worrying what the fanatical (both religious and not) will be plotting or the PC brigade will be saying on how we address our new friends (as I hope thats what they have made contact for) .
but i would like answers to questions like why the abductions? and many more



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by para

Originally posted by Asclepius

gee, ya think??? They have mastered intersteller flight, and we have mastered the yo-yo. gee, thats a hard one......

Cmon, what makes you think we have any control at all over yo-yos?


LOL. great, we are trully defenseless now that we don't have our yo-yo's.....



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It would definetly bother me to realize I had been lied to all this time. Then I'd stock up on plenty of ammo. About my every-day-life. If you think I would keep going back to work as if nothing's happened you're dead wrong
.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by John Doe]



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:36 AM
link   
My first questions would be
1) what trade agreements have we worked out.
2) How will the government handle the dispersment and liscensing of alien technology
3) where can I buy an nterstellar yacht.



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised at all. It would be interesting to see the reactions on the non-believers though...



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
As a christian I would simply take the existence of aliens as further proof of gods majesty and infinite love.



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Whe could trade our yoyo technologi with timetravel tech.
Eat your hart out John Titor.....



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Really interesting answers here
.

I have to say, I really thought people would be more upset by a revelation like this one. To me, reports of abductions are very unsettling indeed. Essentially people are being kidnapped against their will. To realize nothing can be or is being done to prevent this really bothers me.

It's also liberating to see the open-minded stance taken by the believers in God so far. Though I fear ats may not be representing the norm of the church in general.



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan
Whe could trade our yoyo technologi with timetravel tech.


w00t!!!!

lol. we could fuse them and create 'timetravelling yo-yos'



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Me!? I'd be like I am now....a mixture of excitment and caution



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
My first questions would be
1) what trade agreements have we worked out.
2) How will the government handle the dispersment and liscensing of alien technology
3) where can I buy an nterstellar yacht.


Good questions. Here's a stab at them


1 & 2) It's a very simple agreement really. Technology for the PTB that will turn into profit and the power to control the sheeple. And in return it is agreed that their presence will be kept secret for as long as possible. It's really the only leverage we have against the aliens. Once the public becomes aware of the aliens en masse without doubt, they will start to take measures to protect themselves from them. Until then, it's pretty much easy pickings for the aliens. So basically, the PTB get the techno, and the aliens get a small percentage of us. Think about this one. The aliens may be technologically superior, but they are NOT invulnerable, and they really don't want to destroy Terra Ranch again. Not yet anyways.

3) You can't buy one until you have the microchip implanted into your right hand....duh.

cheers,

StickyG



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'd kick some alienass and chew some bubblegum. But I'm already out of bubblegum...


[edit on 15-7-2004 by Olafski]



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Olafski
I'd kick some alienass and chew some bubblegum. But I'm already out of bubblegum...



I'm with you, Olafski. I'd kick some green butt too. And down a few beers doing it
.



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Would you be excited? scared? angry? happy? Would this change your way of life in any way? Would it only confirm what you already knew and make no difference?


Excited? Yes, of course, regardless of their intent, it would certainly be exciting. Hell, I got excited when NASA admitted to water being on Mars!

Scared? Hell ya! We don't really know their intentions...not to mention how the cooks and religious will take it... I'd almost be more afraid of my fellow man...

Angry? Yes, at the government, for scoffing and ridiculing those that came forward, all the while knowing the truth, as well as for hiding it from us in the first place, despite the good reasons to do so.

Happy? Sure, to know at last that we are not alone in the universe, even if we end up not liking the neighbors...

Yes it would change my life...anybody who says differently is lying, even if only to themselves...

Yes it would confirm what I already believe I know....


[edit on 15-7-2004 by Gazrok]



posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Excited? Yes, of course, regardless of their intent, it would certainly be exciting. Hell, I got excited when NASA admitted to water being on Mars!

Scared? Hell ya! We don't really know their intentions...not to mention how the cooks and religious will take it... I'd almost be more afraid of my fellow man...

Angry? Yes, at the government, for scoffing and ridiculing those that came forward, all the while knowing the truth, as well as for hiding it from us in the first place, despite the good reasons to do so.

Happy? Sure, to know at last that we are not alone in the universe, even if we end up not liking the neighbors...

Yes it would change my life...anybody who says differently is lying, even if only to themselves...

Yes it would confirm what I already believe I know....



That's a great answer, Gazrok
. Yes, I guess it would be strange not to react with the whole spectra of emotions if this were to happen
.




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join