It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Are Here. What's Your Reaction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
In the UFO community, there's a widespread opinion that the Government cover-up of their knowledge about ETs was initially done due to the fear of this information creating panic among people in general.

Were they right about this assumption? Quite possibly.

Supposedly for some time now, there has been a deliberate leakage of this previously highly classified information. The reason being to prepare us for full disclosure in the near future.

Consider the truth is roughly something like this. There really was a UFO crash in Roswell 1947 - retrieved alien bodies and all. This being the first in a number of incidents over the years. ETs have been visiting and abducting people for years, and there's nothing we can (or choose to) do about it.

Now I'm wondering how you (believer or not) honestly think you'd react if this kind of disclosure actually were to take place today.

Would you be excited? scared? angry? happy? Would this change your way of life in any way? Would it only confirm what you already knew and make no difference?

My personal instant reaction would probably be some kind of excitement. I guess it would also be some kind of confirmation. I think it would worry me quite a bit too, because of how this has previosly been handled by the powers-that-be.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I'd probably be screaming 'I TOLD YOU SO!!!' and running off to hide, especially if abductee reports are found to be true. I'm not feeling like playing labrat to anyone anytime in the near future.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It would be the coolest thing ever the government/media could announce!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The disclosure of Alien life on our planet would only confirm my suspicions of their presence on Earth. I'd be more afraid. Just think about what this would do if all of the people who are not aware about Aliens found out? They would learn that humans were sold out the some evil creatures from outer space. That they live amongst already and part of the underworld.

I'd be afraid.

Would the Ruling Power allow full discloure? I doubt it at this time. Maybe only slight seeding of Alien presence, like movies etc. to condition us to the fact. Either way, Government collusion with Aliens doesn't sound good for the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I would probably run out and buy a lot of guns.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I would deffinately have the 'I TOLD YOU SO' attatude.

I would stock up on strawberry ice cream, because i SO want to go for a little ~FLY~ around the universe.

My friends are a very diverse group and knowing me, I would TRY to make a friend or two of the Alien kind....( I can just SEE me and ZhPoooteeX hanging out in the Denny's
...me saying..."come on and teach me telepathy...please?")

XL5

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'd be happy. Either ppl would start a huge war and it wouldn't matter or ppl would learn to unite/peace. I would find one of them and ask about thier history and ours and the reason why we haven't been told earlier.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Since I've been reading about it for years, I wouldn't be shocked with surprise over anything but the fact that the government relented and decided it was time to make the facts that (1) We are not alone in the Universe, and (2) At least one sentient species from another planet is visiting us, public.

I might or might not worry, depending on the aliens' agenda:

(1) They're friendly and here to help us.
(2) They have no interest in us other than quietly studying us.
(3) They're hostile, and are here to use us.

If it's (1), I'm cool. If it's (2), and they're abducting people, then I'd worry a little. If it's (3), then they're definitely abducting people, and I'd worry a lot.

I don't think any country's government is an enemy of ours in this scenario... (There are many major countries on Earth, so I'll just use the U.S. here) If the U.S. Government did meet and "make a deal" of some kind with these aliens, it was either in good faith, or an attempt to stall for time when the U.S. Government found out about the aliens' true intentions. Either way, the U.S. Government's self-preservation is our self-preservation...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I agree. I would want to know the agenda and a bit about them before i make an opinion. Until then i would just be very curious

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I would probably regard it with unsettled excitement. Just imaging all the possibilities and the amazing things that we stand to learn as humans. I would still be a little nervous at what the majority of the public would do when it was announced, so I would probably be keeping my guns a little closer than usual for a while.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
lol. the good old 'shoot first, ask later' method???

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I would not be afraid for the aliens but rather for the reaction of people.
What would it do to religion if they would know that mankind is not the
choosen people but one of the many in the universe! i think there will
be total anarcy by men who cant handel the truth!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asclepius
lol. the good old 'shoot first, ask later' method???

Well, the people who shoot first are still alive to ask questions later.

Actually I would be more concerned about riots and looting (the general public) than the aliens. I think that if the aliens made up their minds that they didn�t like us, we probably wouldn�t stand much of a chance regardless of what we did.

[edit on 7/15/04 by para]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'ts like with antz: I'fe you walk past an ant hill would you say hello and
share your technology or walk on by stepping on a few?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by para
I think that if the aliens made up their minds that they didn�t like us, we probably wouldn�t stand much of a chance regardless of what we did.

gee, ya think??? They have mastered intersteller flight, and we have mastered the yo-yo. gee, thats a hard one......

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sebastiaan

I don't think the existence of aliens negates a belief in God. After all, God created the entire Universe... and everything in it.
Now, when you delve into individual religions and their beliefs, then it does get a lot more complicated... which is why I try to keep my beliefs simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

I don't think the existence of aliens negates a belief in God. After all, God created the entire Universe... and everything in it.
Now, when you delve into individual religions and their beliefs, then it does get a lot more complicated... which is why I try to keep my beliefs simple.

But what if the 'aliens' state that there is no god and they have some kind
of 'evidence' that they created mankind as a kind of experiment. what
happens then to religion? Its all a fraud? Its been setup by the aliens
in the beginning just to see what happens if people put there faith in
a external source instead of themselfs? I for one believe there is a life
force in the universe but i dont call it 'god' of 'religion'. I rather believe
that the actions i take and make define me as a human being.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

But what if the 'aliens' state that there is no god and they have some kind
of 'evidence' that they created mankind as a kind of experiment. what
happens then to religion? Its all a fraud? Its been setup by the aliens
in the beginning just to see what happens if people put there faith in
a external source instead of themselfs? I for one believe there is a life
force in the universe but i dont call it 'god' of 'religion'. I rather believe
that the actions i take and make define me as a human being.

Can you imagine the faces on the priests??? Damn, they wouldn't be very popular in their communities if that happened.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
2000 years of work down the drain.... ;-)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asclepius

gee, ya think??? They have mastered intersteller flight, and we have mastered the yo-yo. gee, thats a hard one......

C�mon, what makes you think we have any control at all over yo-yos?

How many religions say that �aliens don�t exist?� That could be a major point of disagreement if they did decide to show up one day. If they showed up with undeniable proof that that we were their creation, I think a lot of people choose to deny it regardless, which could lead to a serious conflict between us and them. Barring that, it�s tough to tell how the public would react to a factual statement that there is no God.

<<   2 >>

join