It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes found at Port of San Diego?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Im not surprised the government ships weapons and technologies the way we ship our goods.
Check how often you see a semi truck on the highway (especially near bases or military instillations) without
any kind of company identification. Most of the blank trucks ship weapons or supplies.
And of course for the bigger things theres the cargo ships.
Notice how he didnt say no when he was asked if they found WMD's.
Hesitation,, not this fiscal year or at this location( that means they found something last year. and this year at another location.)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macssam

[snip].......Sorry everybody I have to engage....The Cold War was a sham? The fall of the Soviets was a sham? Chernobel (spell check) was a sham. The people dying from that incident was all a sham?
Dude seriously try saying something a bit intelligent to get a diologe going...you dont have to just spout stuff off here at ATS

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/13/2011 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
SnF

This LEO knows that Nuclear devices hare been found in the San Diego Port area!!!
And DHS states that there is nothing to this!!!
Here is America's number 1 terrorist!

This thread should be front page!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

People would freak out if they knew a nuclear weapon had been smuggled into the United States. Even though there was not one thing they could do to stop the perpetrator, disarm the device, or protect themselves from its effects. About the only thing left for people to do with this knowledge is panic and go meshugana. So why tell 'em? In espionage speak "They don't have a need to know."

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

how much is a geiger counter cost these days...are the a traced item as well. Like If I buy one will BIG BRO. know I have it?

This is the one I have in my Go-Bag. Easy to read and hear.
www.imagesco.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macssam

Totally off your rocker.
What evidence do you have to support your theory of nukes being fake.
Have you seen the images of Hiroshima?
Have you seen what carpet bombing looks like??
They arent even close to being the same. or even look the same.
And lets not forget the radiation. or did they fake that too.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I am not one to make predictions, nor do I put much stock in them. However, this whole scenario reminds me of a dream/vision that came to me once. This is the one and only time I will even attempt to foretell of a coming event.

1. There will be a detonation of a radioactive device, be it a nuclear weapon or dirty bomb, possibly this summer.
2. The locaton of said event will be Cleveland, Ohio.

If someone detonated a nuke in Cleveland, it might actually clean the place up a bit.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

so that is why lebron came to miami.

2nd

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There are many key elements within this video that need to be addressed.

Isn't it shocking that if you watch our media personnel in other countries (especially dictatorships like N. Korea) they are told what and where to film? Isn't it even more shocking that this public affairs officer is interrupts the Police Officer to 'dictate' the answers? (notice he also looks to her off camera for qued responses?)

I feel bad for the guy, he seems to be conflicted and wants to tell the truth, but is stagnated by a government official. Sounds all too familiar with how regimes act and control their media – with their 'tools'.

People need to contact that station and make sure the follow up with that Police Officer to see if he is ok.

If this doesn't wake the people up to the complete loss of our freedoms nothing will.

Should people be informed of threats that have been intercepted? YES - there is no reason to hide this information...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This problem is true for any commercial shipping port. Not just the U.S., but pretty much anywhere in the world. Put a nuke in a box and ship it. End-game once it reaches the port of destination.

The Coast Guards (not just the U.S. one) can only do so much, and most of the equipment that scan entire shipping pallets isn't going to fit on a boat. If somebody has a nuclear bomb on a ship once it's in port, then you can set it off right then and there. It doesn't even have to be unloaded. The impact will be the same whether or not it even makes it from the shipyard. Any coastal city can be a target, if the city isn't that important in itself (from a strategic sense) - the economic impact may still be devastating.

I suppose the other concern is dirty bombs, but those aren't really considered a fully functioning nuclear device. Just requires a radioactive material (which there are plenty of, some are commonplace in certain medical and industrial applications) that can be dispersed by a chemical explosion. It wouldn't be anywhere as big as the first type. But if one went off while a ship was in port, it may cut off traffic to that specific shipyard or pier. (More or less a hazmat type closure, rather than an "OMG DOOM!" situation.) Having that type of bomb go off in a shipping container while on a ship isn't going to spread much. The hazard is from radioactive dust and smoke dispersal, and if inside a metal hulled ship or underwater it's considered contained. These you can scan for in port, but given the huge amounts of commercial traffic - that's still a very difficult problem to stay on top of.

In the second case, if nuclear material is found then that's a good thing. Because it means that it was contained and isn't going anywhere else. It means the people and equipment scanning has done their job. Given enough time, somebody is going to try. So may as well be prepared and have a system in place for it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am not one to make predictions, nor do I put much stock in them. However, this whole scenario reminds me of a dream/vision that came to me once. This is the one and only time I will even attempt to foretell of a coming event.

1. There will be a detonation of a radioactive device, be it a nuclear weapon or dirty bomb, possibly this summer.
2. The locaton of said event will be Cleveland, Ohio.

I just want to make a note here, because if I don't share it then afterwards nobody would believe me. I have had a vision that a nuclear device will be parachuted on to a target prior to the explosion. No other details. Although I don't even know myself if to take this seriously but I just wrote this down here in case something like this happens.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Not bad, small, and not expensive...thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

There's also this, www.nukalert.com...

It fits on a keychain and does the same thing.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Why they wont tell you that they have found materials or bombs that could be dirty is becouse they dont want people to freak out. Simple. Carry on People there's nothing to see here!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hi I'm new. This is my second comment on ATS..

I haven't had a chance yet to express any of my ideas but I consider myself a pretty fringe thinker but one that requires and looks for credible evidence. That said, I'm just going to jump into my thoughts regarding this topic. (I'm not going to lie, a lot is speculation)

Someone (Al Hallor) doesn't make these claims without getting seriously chewed out or fired unless they were specifically asked to do so from someone with utmost authority on the national level. Maybe someone at Homeland Security who not only needs this kind of fear to motivate support for re-authorizing Patriot Act provisions but is also trying to enact its "trusted shipper" program. *cough*Janet Napolitano.

My thoughts are that this info (it is negligible if the claim is true or not, what matters here is the implications) was released in order to incite fear and garner support. There is a reason this info was released to a local San Diego Local News station and not a bigger entity like CNN, FOX or MSNBC. They want this to remain uncredited, Homeland Security doesn't want to be seen as the ones where this information 'leak' originated from. Not only can they spread fear that is starting to slack but they also can deflect accountability. My guess is there will be more similar reports on other Local News stations around the U.S.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by btherevo

Does anyone know the name of the Public Affairs person talking to Al and the Reporter? I'd like to know if the port called the News Station and requested an interview or Vise Versa... That would answer a lot of questions.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Good find OP. My belief has been for some time now that those who wish Americans harm, have had bombs here already.

Can anyone find the website for this TV Station in San Diego and post the link on here? I'd like to see what the website is saying about this story as well as any comments that anyone might have made. Thanks..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You never know. This news report may be concocted to strike more fear in citizens and impose more security measures on the populace. It might also fuel the hatred towards "terrorists" if people think they are not safe in they're own country. The television is one of the most powerful propaganda mediums there is, so I'm always questioning the news agencies motives.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Nuclear weapons "have not been found", according to the DHS. Why am I not reassured by that statement? And I wonder if that Port Authority officer still has a job.

Scary times we live in.

I wonder if that Port Authority officer is still alive. My bet: He will die from cancer or something within the year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join