It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2045: The Year Man Becomes Immortal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Hi pcro,

Gotta laugh.

Gotta repeat - mankind is not immortal - more lies probably.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by maybee

That reminded me of another movie from I guess the 70's about a computer that held a woman hostage and I think was trying to get her pregnant. I can't remember the name of it though.

I think it was Demon Seed...

edit on 12-2-2011 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

OMG! That's it. Thanks for the clip. It was pretty scary as I recall, the first time I saw it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

Your post just blew my mind. I am gonna have to read it like ten more times.
Thanks for your insight.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by backinblack

Damn you for showing me this now i have too watch it no matter how bad it is just for the fact that i can say i have seen it.
crossing my fingers and hoping its not completely boring
edit on 12-2-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

I thought it was a good movie, but it's been years since I've seen it. It was kind of edgy for its time. Now I do kind of want to watch it again, too.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Technology has actually been suppressed if you know anything about Tesla. In about 60 years we went from horse and buggy to putting a man on the moon and then slowed down to crawl and here we are another 60 years later and all we have are fancy cell phones and video games but still using the internal combustion engine (ICE), 100 year old technology as our main means of transportation. WTF happened?

When I was a kid in grade school in the 60's we all thought we would be flying around in anti-gravity craft by the year 2000. But as I said if you re familiar with Tesla you know the financiers have purposely held us back for thier own personal gain and we are still dependent on oil and the ICE. So here we are in 2011 still barely making any technological progress and mostly in video games and cell phones and still haven't figured out what Tesla was physically demonstrating at the turn of the 19th century... Sigh!!!

About to see yet the biggest economic crash in known history and watching friends and neighbors losing jobs homes dignity at the hands of these bastards and wondering if you'll be next... Damn the financiers! If you think the riots in Egypt are big you ain't seen nothing yet!

edit on 12-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
They and their screwed mentality.They do not even understand the meaning of the word immortal. The extension of life span is not immortality !

2045: The Year Man Becomes Immortal - This may be the title for a fiction story book.
Nowhere in the material universe has material science discovered the way for the physical body to sustain it's cells from growing old and withering permanently. There is only one real way and that is to transfer to a new young body to life through it. It is not material science but Universal science beyond the comprehension of human intelligence.

------------------------------------------------------
chatter.betaboard.net...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This plays right into the simulated universe theory.

It won't be too long until we figure out we are in a simulation loop that has no end.

Like looking in mirrors that multiply your image endlessly.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

At the cusp of infinity when all things become known, two choices remain. To go beyond life and existence, or to remain and restart the game once again. If you go beyond sanity there is insanity, if you go beyond hell there is heaven, if you go beyond being/life what is there? but only a game that we believe is real and play. Anything that can be, will be, but it will be not as you expect it to be 100% of the time, all the time, because that would be boring. And we already are immortal thats why life was created, to give meaning to something that can never be defined.

Though I see what your saying with the advent of technology, and even I have thought about this, in another life and time we could eventually ditch these meat bodies, and go for something a little less chaotic in its nature like cyborgs or robots now that would be far out there. But what would emerge from that would have little to do with humanity, in fact it wont be called humanity at all, but a new name would have to be made for what it is and what it can become.

Already many things are starting to fall apart and break up into pieces, and we can barely relate to people in the present so how would we be able to relate to something like a cyborg. The things we thought we knew and could rely on would turn out to be nothing but phantoms. That which we once thought was real, disappeared one day into the mist of time. Like a kid not believing you that at one time there was no TV's or computers around, or how we lived without them. And even our highest desires like love or power or belonging would be nothing like what we believe those things to be today, they would change completely, we wouldn't be able to recognize them if we some how got transported to that time, and we definitely would fear them. It could be that what we call love today wont even be considered as love to such creatures in a more technological future, we wouldn't be able to really understand them, and they will not be able to really understand us. Who knows really what the future brings, or if we would want it to actually come true.

When speaking of a technological future ghost in the shell always comes into my mind first, because the only thing cooler then hot chicks, is cyborg hot chicks with guns.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by backinblack

Well, the technology is getting BETTER not worse so,
I would have to think that the computers/technology would eventually gain the ability to "think" for its self and when that happens the Mr. Spock, devoid of emotion decisions will be made.
There will have to come a point when the "Logical Decision" is made to delete mankind from the program as we are nothing more than a very sophisticated computer virus.

To be honest, I think that you are wide of the mark here.

The reason being is that essentially man is nought but a human computer and mankind by an dlarge worships it's creator whether, they believe that is a divine creator or aliens etc.

Any of the people who believe in such a creator (which are the vast majority) do not point out the flaws in their creators but rather believe that they are infalliable and will be their saviours.

Therefore it stands to reason, if artifical intelligent becomes self aware it will worship man as it's god / creator and therefore will have a substantial deference towards us.

I see this as being the most likely outcome of machines become self aware rather than the "skynet theory"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by count66

Ahhh yes but,
In my way of thinking worship is completely an emotional response brought about through fear and ignorance.
There is no "Logic" in worship.
Even if you acknowledged the concept that you were a creation and someone/force had to creat you, that in no way means that you are now subjugated to that creator and somehow need to worship/show your undying allegiance to said creator.

Logic would tell you that the creator has the potential to be fallable and may have created you for less than altruistic purposes.

I honestly think that what WE call humanity bears no resemblance to humanity whatsoever.
I think our creators were possibly FULLY human and created a human/reptilian hybrid. Possibly 95% human 5%
reptilian, and for all intents and purposes we "appear" human. WE ARE NOT!
and whatever we end up creating with our technology will most likely be created in our image. It will "appear" human.
It WILL NOT BE! But God help us if it begins to think it is.

My brain hurts now,
must recharge main batterys and perform a system reboot.

This is the way I view it anyway,
but what do I know.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by count66

By the time strong AI is produced we will bear more similarities with the machines than we do with our current selves. After strong AI is produced the line between us and them will become blurred so much as to be negligible.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
S&F cause I am always interested in this topic.

to the OP- not to hijack your thread, but have you seen these past threads of mine, check them out, you will enjoy them, and I get a lot of my resources from ray kurzweil as well.

The future is coming 4: AI
Genetic Algorithms, cellular automata and rule 110: why the universe may be a computer after all
The future is coming 3: bionics
The future is coming 2: nanotech
Reversible Computing: computer 10^10 times more efficient
The future is coming 1: future trends

Like I said, if your intersted in this stuff, there is a lot of good reading for you!

To answer your question in the OP
I believe bilogy and tech will merge to become one thing. I cant see completely autonomous robots being let lose upon the public. when you think about, and what intelligence really is,
a Pure AI robot and a Pure organic human will NEVER be as smart or as capable as a combination of the two.
Of course, this is just what im hoping for, but I truely think the safest avenue is combining both.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What happens if somebody pulls out the plug ?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Awesome, thanks for all of the reading material.
This is one of my favorite subjects.

I think you are right.
I think a combination of the two is innevitable. We WILL merge with the technology.
I want to know what form that will take.

Will we (Humans) implant the technology at birth becoming cyborgs?
Will we create robots that have consciousness?
Both?
Maybe we will create super humans with artificial implants giving us super hearing/vision/strength, etc.
Maybe we will create cyborgs capeable of independant critical thinking abilities.
Maybe we will create AI so advanced that it will spontaineously develop consciousness and become.......ALIVE!

What is ALIVE?
Technology will eventually force us to re-define words that we all thought we knew the definitions to.

Thanks for the liks.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

I see that you are thinking very well...

Humanity must evolve

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

A lot of the people who speak of some future singularity where man's and machine's minds meld talk like it is just magically going to happen over night in one painless motion. No way it goes as cleanly as that (unless the machines subdue us). This has become an ethical debate and will only grow in intensity! As much as I love technology and as lovely as instantaneous knowledge sounds we should be skeptical of making that leap.

Imagine every time you wanted to speak Cantonese, you were forced to listen to a 30 sec. advertisement.

edit on 16-2-2011 by Threadfall because: grammar

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Personally I think when we get to 2012, everything is going to change and our consciousness will spontaneously evolve to the point where we don't need machines or electronics for anything. We will simply think things into existence, teleport to places, etc. But if nothing happens in 2012 then this is what I see....

technology will continue to advance at a rapidly alarming rate and within this century there will come a point when we have the following:

-faster computers, better electronics, size of components continuing to shrink with increased functionality at the same time.

-better forms of energy production, possibly a zero-point energy device, or other over-unity device, and more greener alternatives being used e.g. paint-on solar panels - could paint the roads which then provide solar power. Although I don't think a true ZPE device will come about until after AI.

-nanotechnology
-nanobots in medicine able to cure anything
-nanoparticles in the air that make everything green and fertile, air fresh and clean, and help humans health in everyway possible
-nanodevices like the fold-up or roll-up watch which is also a computer, which is also a phone, which is also a TV, etc.
-nanomaterials which are super strong and light like carbon nano-tubes being common place.
-a nano-assembly machine which is basically like the replicator in star-trek

-completely immersive gaming and TV. Something akin to "The Matrix" but not so invasive.

-AI
-robots and mass production
-holographic AI
-teleportation devices
-a more advanced system of fast-travel something like the tubes in futurama but you go inside a small pod, the pod has inertial dampeners and can travel incredible speeds. this system would more likely be placed underground.
-space ships, colonization of other planets, FTL/wormhole travel

I don't believe AI will turn against us, at least not in the beginning. Sorry for the long post.

edit on 17-2-2011 by Eonnn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Wow

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I just 2 days ago watched the back to the future series, and i have to admit, I lol'd a little at human perception.

One thing that really brought my attention is, No matter you cannot stop technology, Or the process that one goes through to upgrade something, They have been doing this since rock and stick days, Eventually mankind is going oto think its self as too great and too smart to need a creator or any laws of physics, So this is the point mankind spirals down, When pride rises forth and the one world unites, Obviously we know what that means soon.

Mark of the beast, Bowls of wrath, Judgements, Apocalypse, 2nd coming of christ and the end of the material world somewhere probably around 2070 i presume

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by highseer
What happens if somebody pulls out the plug ?

What happens if electronic magnetic pulse hit everything that are electronically? You fried, you Die. Solar storm can leash emp on the earth.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join