It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel like Having to Work is un-natural?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I do not know where you are getting this from? I guess you don't really know that we are really agreeing with you about racism? From that single picture you screamed racist!

Like I said, regardless of race, religion, nation, planet, etc, the way we work today is still unnatural.

Why do you have to work at minimal wage while you work hard to make your boss or owner rich?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Follow your desires in this life. Do what you enjoy doing and money will follow. Some people have a job and make money and some people work and make money. Doing something you enjoy will usually take you down a path where you can make some money.
Also, work and vacation is very different in other countries.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

I do not know where you are getting this from? I guess you don't really know that we are really agreeing with you about racism? From that single picture you screamed racist!

Like I said, regardless of race, religion, nation, planet, etc, the way we work today is still unnatural.

Why do you have to work at minimal wage while you work hard to make your boss or owner rich?

because colors bring divisions... isn't it apparent ? we have to start at roots if we want to bring about change...

I guess you guys just have not been in a workplace environment long enough to have figured that out... it is the only thing I can come up with.

oh sitting at a desk or serving no actual skill is unnatrual... "laboring" like building a house is not.

did you know that "Ameri" means (laborious) that's what it means to be American, not the Boss

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70121f32a422.png[/atsimg]What does race have to do with how we work today?[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70121f32a422.png[/atsimg]

One may work hard everyday and still not be satisfied. There is something missing.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The topic, folks... please.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2011 by GeminiSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by masqua

sorry masqua

can't stand racism...

sorry OP, maybe you should enter your location too ?

Where the hell do you get racism from? And what does it have to do with OP?

Most of us feel the same way with work. It's 8 hours a day and 40 hours a week at a specific wage. Who benefits the most from your work? It's certainly not black, white, blue, red, purple, or rainbow people. It's the owner.

Why do you work to keep your boss comfortable and rich? Why do you work to pay for your boss' yacht?

What happens if the works revolt? Look at Egypt. What if the workers stopped working? What will happen to the bosses and owners? Bye bye mansions and yachts. Bye bye vacations. Bye bye money.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
OK guys lets try to bring things back on topic here...

Maybe I am looking at this job situation all wrong....maybe this is a mind over matter thing like one poster had mentioned? Maybe I can just start to think differently and my boring sales job will become exciting and I will feel a sense of accomplishment?

You see the main thing here is that while I WOULD like to just live off the land and not have to work for someone there is the problem of: I like having a nice car. I like having a nice computer to surf the web. I like watching a great movie munching on popcorn with my feet up on a recliner having a beer after a long days work.

I love all the modern amenities.....

So I guess in order to have the things I love, I should just keep my head down, and try to make money any way I can in order to be able to have these things?

Is most of these negative feelings about work simply in my head and I may just need to change the outlook???

----GeminiSky

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
I feel the same way you do. I don't plan on paying back my student loans because my college degree can't even land me a minimum wage job. The way our government has screwed up this economy, I don't owe them anything. I have already toiled throughout college for nothing.

Cry me a river matey
Did the government force you to go to college? did they force you to take a certain course?Sound's to me that your blaming others for your life choices,
The US unemployment rate is 9.4% with an interest rate of 0.25% ,in 1993 Australia's unemployment rate was around 11% with an interest rate of 10% ,i was 21 at the time many people lost jobs houses and farms much like in the US today,but guess what it got better,it didn't happen overnight but it did happen,
Have you guys had it so good for so long that you don't realise every country's economy goes up and down?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If work would be unnatural, the Earth would be a burning ball of celestial fire as the animals would be to lazy to work the eco system and human life wouldn't survive, let alone any life. If you don't like your job, quit. It's the change that we all fear from time to time, and with easy access to a board that we can lay our insecurities on, it seems like working's the end of the world. We have free will. Go sit in the middle of the forest and find yourself to make the life you want. Lazy is how we got to this despicable point where the higher ups want an extra buck at the expense of a person lower then them. Why not prove to yourself and others that you can achieve anything, by first doing what you oh so hate?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Basically it all comes down to what you consider to be "work".

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join