It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a UFO...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I saw something that looked like stars coming down about15 years ago. I was sitting with my cousin and we were watching the skies as a meteor shower was expected that night. We saw a couple come down and it was quite interesting. To the right a new Super K-Mart had opened maybe a few miles away and they had one of those search beam type lights spinning in the sky. It was quite noticable. I was watching the light beam spin and noticed 5 consecutive lights come down close to where it was. It could have been just meteors but in the back of my mind I still have questions. The lights were all exactly the same brightness and didn't look like the other meteors we had watched peter out in the sky. They were also space at the same distance and timing as they came down. Now all this lasted for maybe a mere 5 seconds. Was rather quick. But the lights just didn't see like meteors. Also, I have trouble reasoning how they can all fall at the same rate and distance from each other. To visualize, imagine a leaky faucet that is dripping 5 drops of water in a 5 second interval. They fell in the same place at the same speed. That's just what I saw in the sky. My cousin didn't witness this but when I told him he could tell by the look on my face that I had definately seen something that had spooked me. I was much younger in age then and had probably taken in too many UFO movies so I was a little spooked. We went inside for our perceived "safety" after that. Looking back now, I still can't figure out how they were all the same intensity in brightness and also spaced evenly. Weird. Any ideas on what it could of been? Also, from the speed it was going to the earth, I've never seen anything that fast in the sky and it was meteor type fast so rule out flares or anything like that. And there was no sound or tremor which would have been felt had it hit the earth. The lights went to the horizon like they were going to the search light to check out what was going on. As if it was a becon.

edit on 12-2-2011 by Whatdidisee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatdidisee

Sounds like a legitimate sighting to me. These craft do seem to show up at interesting moments.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by Whatdidisee

Sounds like a legitimate sighting to me. These craft do seem to show up at interesting moments.

It's odd some of the things you can see and not explain. The speed and separation between the lights appeared more than just random. It appeared deliberate. And exactly following the same path until coming to the horizen and disappearing. I really wish I could have known what I had seen. But I will admit to feeling quite terrified due to being around 18 at the time. I wasn't naive as to objects that fly and had a fairly decent knowledge of what meteors look like when they fly through the atmosphere. I just have no explanation as to what it was. Wish I had though.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Since two posters seem to think my story is so similar to Skeptic Overlord's, here is a link for future reference. I personally don't see any major similarities. However, there are smaller ones. But none that seem so uncommon that my personal sighting would appear plagiarized. And it would seem that was insinuated, if not said outright. Nevertheless, I have learned my lesson. And I wouldn't report another one if it landed on my front lawn.

Thanks for your part in the lesson too, 12m8keall2c.

Oops. Almost forgot the link. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Explorers/timetravellers most likely. There were stories of "vimanas" in ancient times, crafts described as being able to fly through space, with the descriptions closely matching UFO's. I would imagine that the UFO's can travel so "fast" because they are literally warping in and out of our timespace.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sk8erchick

I've seen the light you're referring to, the star. I looked it up and it is indeed a system of 3 stars. From our view it appears as one star. But the light around it, that's very interesting.

I've spent 45 minutes at a time starting at the red-blue-white changing star as I call it. I thought for sure it was something extraordinary, and it is, a cluster of stars! Quite awesome.

en.wikipedia.org...

Could it be Regulus?
It seems we've seen the same one. My location is Michigan and I tend to see it to the northwest direction. It's super bright, and there is the white main color and then the blue and red which have the appearance of rotating around or blinking from right to left. Blue seems to flash more frequently than red.
whatever it is, it's mesmerizing.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was skeptical about ufos even as a child, till about 1993 ish . Saw what I thought was a odd looking unit as Id call it . My mom laughed at me, till a few days later the story was in the local newspaper, having some fairly credible people recanting the same exact thing, she promptly apologized to me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join