It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a UFO...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
And by that, I mean the unidentified part. Anyone who's read my posts knows my thoughts on UFO's and ET.
But I was just outside at 8:52pm here in Southern Illinois, and had looked up at the moon. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw what I thought might have been a shooting star. But then it stopped dead in it's tracks. It was a bit brighter and larger than the other stars I could see along with it through the wholes in the clouds over us right now.

It was then moving slowly for a few moments, then jumped forward again at an amazing speed. Then it was slow again, then jumped again. It was like it was maybe looking for something? Then it was still. And then repeated the same movements until the clouds finally covered it up.

Normally I would have said this was a satellite, Jet, etc. But the speed of this thing was impressive.
Any ideas from the sceptics or believers out there?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Very interesting..
I want to bump this one..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I've saw the same thing a few weeks ago, just the movements weren't so random more moving, then stopping, then slowly moving in another direction, then stopping for a little bit. No idea what it was, but it wasn't the usual, jsut a dot moving randomly in the sky and stopping randomly. I woulda watched more but my friend picked me up at my house

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Did it have a tail like a shooting star when it moved? How far away from you do you think it was?

Interesting observation.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Very interesting!

Did you happen to catch the thread by SkepticOverlord, and his sighting? I'll see if I can find it, was about a month ago...if I recall, sounded kind of similar.....

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

Are you in my area? It seemed to stay on a straight path with little variance. I've seen several things in the sky around here. But all have been explainable till now. This one was different.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I too was a skeptic with 2 other skeptics riding in a car very early morning (4:30ish) on our way to go fishing and saw the same anomaly. Basically a lightened object that did not move in a manner that an aircraft would. All 3 of us saw the anomaly. Of course I don't present it as a "UFO SIGHTING" because it was just lights that were moving in a very strange way.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

No tail. It was high enough, that if it would have remained still, I would have thought it was just a brighter star than the rest.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah. His was a lot more interesting. No splitting apart on this one.

edit on 11-2-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 9Cib27
I too was a skeptic with 2 other skeptics riding in a car very early morning (4:30ish) on our way to go fishing and saw the same anomaly. Basically a lightened object that did not move in a manner that an aircraft would. All 3 of us saw the anomaly. Of course I don't present it as a "UFO SIGHTING" because it was just lights that were moving in a very strange way.

Agreed. If it weren't for the amazing split second speed of this thing, I would have ignored it.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

edit on 11-2-2011 by Klassified because: Nevermind. Not worth it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I just saw a UFO last night. I have been going out to look at the stars every night, kinda thinking it would be cool to see something, but not expecting to... I have been keeping my eye on this one "star" that seems to be different than the rest. It seems to "twinkle" quite a bit, I noticed that it has color to it. I looked through some binoculars at it and it was refracting light, from red through purple, right to left. I thought that was quite strange. Anyways, last night I noticed a light next to this "star", I knew it wasn't supposed to be there. I watched it, it kept moving towards and away from that "star", I only got to watch it for maybe 30-40 seconds, but it was way cool. I hope I can see something again tonight!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Very interesting!

Did you happen to catch the thread by SkepticOverlord, and his sighting? I'll see if I can find it, was about a month ago...if I recall, sounded kind of similar.....

yes this does sound similar indeed.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

What is so similar, that is also uncommon about the two sightings? Except that neither of us believes what we saw to necessarily be otherworldly? Although I may be a little more open to that than SO is.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Your complaint has been recieved by staff. Your thread is not the place to post complaints. Stick to the Topic.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Reminder:

The Gray Area: The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

edit on February 12th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oh thats pretty cool to see something like that happen. I live by an airport so I always see lights moving in the sky (at night), planes flying over, whether landing, taking off or really, really high up in the sky. I've always wanted to see a UFO. There was this one time where I was looking off my balcony (I live in a 12 story building, on the top floor. Nice view of the airport and the lights in the distance!), it was probably around 2PM and at the corner of my eye I seen a flash. Like the reflection off of something, I look over and I see a reflection on an object slowly moving and I thought to myself "ITS A UFO!!!". My heart racing, my eye focusing, the reflection (from the sun I guess) was gone and it was just a silver plane
lol

Wish I seen something like that! Seems like a pretty nice sighting. But yeah lol, thats the closest I've seen to 'thinking' i saw a UFO. Maybe I have seen one but thought it was a plane?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You know I'm never quite sure where I stand on the UFO thing.
I've yet to have a personal experience like yours but it doesn't seem like UFO's are fond of my country.

Don't get me wrong. Not saying they don't exist or trying to be funny, but I've never seen one before. Though, I'll still keep an open mind about UFOs. It's impossible for us to be alone in the universe.

I've seen a similar UFO encounter like yours on TV. Looked like some shooting star or aeroplane was shooting across the night sky. Was just going to fast to be a plane and I've never heard of a shooting star reversing and going back the way it came from. Truly believe there's something out there. Just want to see one for myself.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

My personal belief has always been, and still is at the moment, that all sightings are terrestrial in origin. Even those that are unexplainable. However. I do leave room for a .1% chance that it is indeed possible.

In this case. I think I probably saw something black ops. But I posted it because I wanted to hear what other members might think of that I hadn't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join