It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
What are your thought on BUDDHA? I am currently reading up on the Buddha life styles. It all links up to the Aliens. The only way youd be able to contact the Aliens,if you were in a clear state of mind, and no distractions. I bleive that youd be able to conumicate with the higher life forms out there in the whole Galaxy of the Universe.Please feel free to write what u wish. Thanks again.

-Reality-Check-In-

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by realitycheckin

In my personal opinion, the Buddha is the same as Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Yahweh, Zeus, et al.

They all say the same thing, and the only real difference between them are names, locations and times. They all pretty much preach the "Be good to each other" philosophy. Alien or not, its a pretty good message. Respect your surroundings, respect your fellow man, respect yourself. All will be well.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RicketyCricket

thanks, i like how u put that.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket

In my personal opinion, the Buddha is the same as Jesus, Mohammed, Moses, Yahweh, Zeus, et al.

They all say the same thing, and the only real difference between them are names, locations and times. They all pretty much preach the "Be good to each other" philosophy. Alien or not, its a pretty good message. Respect your surroundings, respect your fellow man, respect yourself. All will be well.

Well phrased, the main point of religion imo is that one should be infinitely and universally compassionate - spend your life improving your self and try to always act upon your good intentions, rather than bad ones. Too many people these days blame human nature rather than themselves for their moral inadequacies. These figures never said 'kill religion x" and I think they emphasised morals more than 'do x or you'll burn forever in hell'. However, been watching Ancient Aliens - some people theorise that Jesus and a few others could have actually been aliens or alien hybrids... Though this seems coincidental.

Edit: Buddha spent a long time trying to figure things out, he may have hit some things on the head but at the same time he may have gotten other aspects a bit wrong. He demonstrated the capability for higher levels of understanding to those who search within themselves for it. Doubt anyone will ever spend that much time and effort on it without losing their minds, massive respect to him. Didn't eat for 6 years at one point apparently.. I have this old book on transcendental mediation that includes a study that claims that during meditative trances, the body's metabolism is even slower than in sleep - so it may be true without him necessarily being an alien. We all seem to be capable of much greater things than we are programmed to believe.
edit on 10-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicketyCricket

Teachers. They were teachers that attempted to transmit to various groups of peoples and civilizations various ways to transcend this thing we can't shake: our limiting preceptions of reality.

I've noticed a surprising trend over the last few months of a willingness of posters to go to that extreme and discuss views along that theme.

My personal shorthand version is that the ETs have talents of accessing other dimensions that directly connect into true enlightenment. Conversion techniques were given in the early days but almost universally perverted into religions as a means of power and control while the original message was mostly lost.

(And of course, if you don't understand what enlightenment is or that other dimensions exist, this will be hogwash to you. So be it.)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

One can look at religion in terms of ET, or one can look at ET in terms of religion. I think the latter makes MUCH more sense than the former. The true nature of ET is not biological and technological. Its mystical. ET did not evolve on another planet, develop technology, and fly here in space-ships. ET is the modern guise of archetypal patterns in the psyche. Earlier guises included things like fairies, gods, angels, etc. ETs are living myths; archetypes in symbolic, psychophysical forms.

The problem is too few people are familiar enough with comparative religion, comparative mythology, comparative mysticism and parapsychology to see how UFOlogy fits in with those. So they take ET far too literally.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

One can look at religion in terms of ET, or one can look at ET in terms of religion. I think the latter makes MUCH more sense than the former. The true nature of ET is not biological and technological. Its mystical. ET did not evolve on another planet, develop technology, and fly here in space-ships. ET is the modern guise of archetypal patterns in the psyche. Earlier guises included things like fairies, gods, angels, etc. ETs are living myths; archetypes in symbolic, psychophysical forms.

The problem is too few people are familiar enough with comparative religion, comparative mythology, comparative mysticism and parapsychology to see how UFOlogy fits in with those. So they take ET far too literally.

edit on 10-2-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry, you can't reverse the order. Religions came from a somewhat piecemeal knowledge of trying to explain enlightenment which needs no religion. In fact, it needs no God and is all-inclusive.

Yes, the ETs appear to come here in ships, but as we have people that drive to work in cars everyday and yet go home at night to meditate and reach enlightenment--or better yet, 40-years-of-meditationg monks in Tibet having achieving enlightenment still trudge up the moutain to the temple each day. There is still a place for the physical world in it all, but it is not the end all.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

i guess everyone has thier own way of putting it... thnx

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Religions came from a somewhat piecemeal knowledge of trying to explain enlightenment which needs no religion. In fact, it needs no God and is all-inclusive.

Well...I think religions came from primordial shamanism. Shamanism comes from the psychological initiation ordeal.

Near-Death and UFO Encounters as Shamanic Initiations

top topics

join