It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palm Beach County Man Scolded for Cleaning up Trash on Private Properties

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Sometimes 'laws' are meant to be bent! Especially this one.

So we can all pick and choose which laws we feel are just at whim and act accordingly? Will you defend me if I decide there are some laws I do not like and procede to break or is it just laws YOU feel are worth breaking?

So, are Halloween Trick O Treaters not allowed on your property either now because after all, that's considered trespassing?

I have never have a trick or treater come to my property with construction equipment and take down trees. Have you?

This was a HARMLESS trespass.

I am not sure you actually paid attention to anything other than the snippet offered by the OP.

What if I were walking down your road with my grandson and the baby ran on to your property to catch a butterfly. Would I not be allowed to retrieve my baby?

Would your baby be using construction equipment to alter my property?

What if my hat flew off my head while bicycling and landed on your brush, am I not allowed (or at least, exonerated to some degree) to fetch it?

Would you be bringing in construction equipment and destroying my property to get that hat?

Trespassing means 'passing' through beyond a limit or boundary on your property! It doesn't mean stepping on it. I think this and every other law is blown way out of proportion of it's original intent!

You need to look up the actual legal definition of "tresspassing."

So god of bid, your house ever catches on fire and you're screaming from the upstairs window for help, I'll be sure to obey your No Trespassing sign!
edit on 10-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Unless you are a fireman with a firetruck and live anywhere near BH, I am betting she will live with that. I know I would.

Why are you going so far out of your way to alter what happened? Taking equipment onto PRIVATE property and destroying that property is not the same as a baby chasing a butterfly onto my lawn.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sometimes 'laws' are meant to be bent! Especially this one.

I agree with the idea that some laws are stupid and should be changed. But what would happen if one of these people cleaning up this lot grabbed a used needle and got some disease or worse from it? What if the tree had fallen on someone? What if someone had cut off their arm with a chainsaw? You have to think of the legal ramifications of situations like this without all the emotional response.

So, are Halloween Trick O Treaters not allowed on your property either now because after all, that's considered trespassing?

Halloween Trick or Treaters have not been allowed on my property for about 15 years now.

This was a HARMLESS trespass.

Yes, thankfully, no one was hurt. But that doesn't change the fact that they broke the law. Look, they didn't arrest anyone or throw them in jail. They "scolded" them. Jesus! He broke the law and was scolded and everyone is up in arms about it?

So god of bid, your house ever catches on fire and you're screaming from the upstairs window for help, I'll be sure to obey your No Trespassing sign!

If I'm inviting someone onto my property by screaming for help, it wouldn't be trespassing.
Your other examples are extreme hyperbole.

There's a huge difference between someone stepping on my property and coming onto my property with equipment with the express purpose of changing my property by cutting down trees!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Watch the video.
www.palmbeachpost.com...

On the video a little boy states: "I think he did a good thing by cutting "all" the trees down."

That is what everyone is up in arms about. He wasn't just "picking up trash" as some people are implying.

Trees are worth money and the owner of this property could very well sue for damages in the 10's of thousands of dollars. This man should be thankful that he just received a "scolding" by the city and hasn't ended up in court and forced to replace the trees that he illegally removed.
edit on 10-2-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wait a second please. I did not read that this person cut down trees. Where does it say that??? And if that is true then, that's a WHOLE other thing. Please show me where it says that.

Go to the source and read it and watch the video.

Originally posted by manta78
Ok so let's use a "what if" example:

You don't know how close you are to describing a situation that I was in.
There is a meth house right down the street from where we live. It's ugly, there are old vehicles and trash everywhere, the house is unlivable, so they have some sort of motor home there they live in. They have loose dogs (pit bulls) that wander my property and breed indiscriminately and worst of all, on Summer nights, when they burn their trash to get rid of evidence, the toxic fumes wafts into my windows and wake me up and I have a sore throat and headache the next day.

I have talked face-to-face with the sheriff, the police, the state cops and even written to the DEA to try to get something done about it. I call the sheriff in the middle of the night to get someone out here to catch them burning. This has been going on for YEARS. It lasted probably 8 years total. Last Summer, there were no fumes. But don't think I wasn't tempted to take the law into my own hands a time or two! But I didn't. I continued to go through proper channels. I think the place is shut down now... Finally!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Trespassing means 'passing' through beyond a limit or boundary on your property! It doesn't mean stepping on it. I think this and every other law is blown way out of proportion of it's original intent!

Trespassing means the property is POSTED with LEGAL signs at the prescribed distances.

It is interesting a fuss is raised on this issue but MONSANTO can trespass and then SUE based on evidence gathered privately WITHOUT a warrantand not a finger lifted is lifted by the US or Canadian government. Most of the threatened lawsuits do not even reach court because of intimidation and secrecy agreements AKA Monsanto Extortion

Monsanto Investigators Accused of Trespassing
Monsanto vs Schmeiser
Monsanto vs Troy Roush
Monsanto vs Scott McAllister
ROLAND J. MONGRUE; vs. MONSANTO COMPANY
seed cleaners vs Monsanto

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Oh I see. It's in the video. That's what I'm missing. The video won't play for me.

Why wouldn't they mention that PIVOTAL piece of the story in text?
You gotta 'watch' the news in order to get 'all' the news now???

If this is true then my opinion will definitely be different then.
(I can't believe they don't mention that in the blurb!)

edit on 10-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So it appears he has an ulterior motive.

What Mr. Rosseau is not telling everyone: He presented the city a 70,000 bill for his cleanup efforts. The only reason he is back in Belle Glade he is wanting to partner with the selected contractor for building the new school. He does not live in Belle Glade. He is clearing private lots and getting paid from them and expecting the tax payers to hall off the debris.

above text is from a comment on the website of the Palm Beach Post.

Not sure of the validity of the above statement but it is surely worth looking into.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay I watched it. I won't change my mind.

Who is complaining? Not the land owners. But the city????
The land owners are the only ones who should have a voice in this matter.

Again, if someone came on my property, without permission (while I was not here lets say) and cleaned up (even took down a dead palm tree) and I did NOT complain about it, what gives my city (Palm Beach) the right to be pissed for me?

And for those who don't know the Belle Glades area? It's where many/most of the Federal, State Prisons, detention camps, reform schools etc are located along with countless miles of sugar cane fields etc.
Plus it boarders the Everglades.
So it's not a very desirable part of Florida at all.

There is something deeply not right about this whole story.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
So it appears he has an ulterior motive.

What Mr. Rosseau is not telling everyone: He presented the city a 70,000 bill for his cleanup efforts. The only reason he is back in Belle Glade he is wanting to partner with the selected contractor for building the new school. He does not live in Belle Glade. He is clearing private lots and getting paid from them and expecting the tax payers to hall off the debris.

above text is from a comment on the website of the Palm Beach Post.

Not sure of the validity of the above statement but it is surely worth looking into.

Yeah....there's something not right with this story the way it's being presented.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Again, if someone came on my property, without permission (while I was not here lets say) and cleaned up (even took down a dead palm tree) and I did NOT complain about it, what gives my city (Palm Beach) the right to be pissed for me?

I am sure You and Your city would complain if he did something "without permission" and then handed You a bill (which is what it appears he is doing) and expected You to pay it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus

I am sure You and Your city would complain if he did something "without permission" and then handed You a bill (which is what it appears he is doing) and expected You to pay it.

Again, that is MISSING from the story. There is something very fishy about this.

I didn't read anything about a 'bill' or cutting down trees etc.

It's a cryptic story and I've wasted enough time on it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
You don't know how close you are to describing a situation that I was in.
There is a meth house right down the street from where we live. It's ugly, there are old vehicles and trash everywhere, the house is unlivable, so they have some sort of motor home there they live in. They have loose dogs (pit bulls) that wander my property and breed indiscriminately and worst of all, on Summer nights, when they burn their trash to get rid of evidence, the toxic fumes wafts into my windows and wake me up and I have a sore throat and headache the next day.

I have talked face-to-face with the sheriff, the police, the state cops and even written to the DEA to try to get something done about it. I call the sheriff in the middle of the night to get someone out here to catch them burning. This has been going on for YEARS. It lasted probably 8 years total. Last Summer, there were no fumes. But don't think I wasn't tempted to take the law into my own hands a time or two! But I didn't. I continued to go through proper channels. I think the place is shut down now... Finally!

-----------------------------------------
reply by manta78

I am glad that problem appears to be resolved for you. Not sure how many people would wait 8
years however for a solution.....

edit on 2/10/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
He's on PRIVATE Property.
he has no business there, anybody who argues other wise is mentally retarded.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DuceizBack

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Whole american concept of private property is retarted. We have a proper system. Private is private only if its fenced or there is clear signs stating so. Any area that can be freely accessed by public is public. This translates to everything except living areas where privacy laws trump it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join