It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA article on how to make your own UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I thought this was quite funny when I saw it, because the very image they use has been discussed on here...

NASA article

Pretty interesting when you see it like that, there are also some good links in the article showing examples of cosmic rays and planets showing strange images from SOHO
edit on 9-2-2011 by roughycannon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I am more interested in why they bothered to make the article..

encouraging disinfo?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...
I found this website from another thread which is kinda related. People actually find comets with the SOHO and this site give tips and tricks on how to actually find objects in the images.

On this website you can view and submit reports of suspected comets visible in LASCO and SECCHI satellite images. You will find information on past comets found by both instruments and from other spaceborne and ground-based instruments. There is also a wealth of information here designed to help newcomers discover their first SOHO or STEREO comet! In addition, pictures and educational resources that can be used both in the classroom and at home are shown throughout the site

Here's the other thead if your interested www.ats.com

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
From the article:

See how the same image, having gone through a strikingly similar "enhancement" is used to "prove" the existence of UFOs, in pitches resulting in e.g. this newspaper article (Perth Sunday Times (Australia), 2003/01/19, p. 44). Yes, this was a picture from SOHO, but didn't show any UFO! We believe similar "enhancements", possibly starting with other types of image artifacts (see below for details), are behind all of the recently published "UFO proof" claims. Claims without the time and date of the picture[s] are close to worthless, because the data processing cannot be verified by others.

Maybe they have a valid case? Their agenda is more then obvious though. They made the article to convince people to discredit UFO claims.

edit on 9-2-2011 by Neuromuscular because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

That's hilarious. Like they are poking everyone that buys into these "ufo"s.
Nice find, thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Neuromuscular

True....but at the same time if you check out my post above yours, they also give out info on how to spot "obects" in the very same images.

I have not check it out thoroughly but I will soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neuromuscular
I am more interested in why they bothered to make the article..

encouraging disinfo?

In the past we've been accused of "covering up" UFO evidence when we present our explanations, and of "refusing to comment" (or "clamming up") when we give up on somebody who won't accept our explanations. While we don't expect to convince everybody, we hope that this page (and links herein) can provide some information for the curious who want to investigate the claims on their own.

Seems perfectly obvious why they did, to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

STEP 3: Voila! Finally, after a "touch-up" of the color table, we have what may look like a nice UFO with a glow and exhaust fumes!

Exhaust fumes? Really? What's next, a steam engine powered UFO?

Khar

new topics

top topics

join