It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the SOHO-LASCO Comet Reports for 200205 talk about UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Per accident I came on the Naval research laboratory and typed UFO in there search bar as this came out. Its a Soho comet report from 2002 and what I'm guessing is that this Soho research team had found something unusual. It seems like when I scrolled that report as it is very long ,that they track some kind of multiple comets but these comets seem to deviate from characteristics of comet.

This is the conversation that they did on march 2002

May 01 2002 16:43:05 Doug Biesecker [email protected] Hi all, Haven't yet checked on R. Kracht's most recent claim. I've added a link on the "Found Something?" page to Rainer's pages showing the trajectories of the other comet groups. Confirming two recent claims by R. Kracht in C2 images.

A claim by X.-M. Zhou is being added to our list of denied comets.

This is a list we are maintaining of objects which might be comets

but don't meet our minimum criteria.

May 01 2002 16:50:16 Rob Matson

Hi All,

I can confirm Rainer's C2 comet based on the follow-up

1024 x 1024 images. It's very dim, and fading, but it's

real. Coordinates to follow in next message. --Rob

May 04 2002 14:08:04 michael boschat

Disregard my post of May 04 2002 12:09:47

I downloaded other images but can't

see anything. That solar streamer near

the strut is a tad bright and hard to see

if the object continues.

May 06 2002 17:31:05 Arturo Eliserio

is this something? seen at LASCO C2,right side of the sun, also it seems that another object is right behind following the same path. Does not looks like meteorite.

May 06 2002 23:26:16 Travis Cowan

On image EIT304 at 19:19 there is a comet-like object in the upper

left corner with a nucleus and a tail.

A correction to the previous report. The comet-like object is

in the middle right of the image.

Thanks

May 07 2002 00:37:47 Chris Waltzek

Moving along the lower part of the screen there is an object begining on 05/03/2002 in the lower left hand side of the screen and and finishing on 05/03/2002 in the lower right side.

May 07 2002 00:51:03

May 07 2002 00:51:03 Maik Meyer

Re: Reports by Travis, Chris and Arturo:

Travis - Comets are found on C2 and C3 images. The EIT images are

too near to the sun. This is just noise. And please do post

coordinates (and more than only one, at least four) as is advised - no one will be able to find your

object without coordinates.

Chris - Please post coordinates as is advised for reporting

suspect comets. You haven't even posted the camera (C2 or C3).

Additionally, all stars are moving from left to right - did you

have checked for this possibility.

Arturo - Your object moves not steadily; just calculate the hourly

velocity in pixel/hour between your positions. They have to be

nealy uniform. But yours are extremely increasing. This is not

expected for a real object. (Besides, never ever you can see

meteors - meteorites are only found after a fall - in the images.

The streaks and dots are just noise of high energetic particels

hitting the detector.)

Please look at common mistakes and already found comets to get a

feeling what you have to look for. Besides these pages I also

recommend www.sungrazer.org... for a step to step guide.

I hope these hints help. Maik

May 07 2002 05:29:00 Christopher Jackson

Hi, when looking at the current real time video of LASCO C2 I thought I saw what I believe to be a comet. Perhaps I'm wrong, please validate for me. Latest 25 sgf Images (approx. 4500 kb) as of Tue May 7 09:14:06 GMT 2002, images labeled 2002/05/06 800-1700. In the upper right corner of the image is an object that appears in all images, appears to move from left to right. Here are the requested points:

May 07 2002 10:22:17 Paul Ryan paul.

There acctually appears to be two comet's in LASCO C3 from 2002/05/07 00:42 they are both in the lower hemishpere of the picture. One approximatly 1.5 inches below the sun in 1280x1024 resoution with a trajectory directly into the sun and the second appears to be about 1.5 inches below the first with a trajectory around the lefthand side of the sun. I have put up a version of this image with these to susspected comets on my website at ucsu.colorado.edu... original is at ucsu.colorado.edu... Well take a look and tell me if I'm right

Paul Ryan

May 07 2002 15:16:42 Douglas Biesecker

I've checked all of the recent posts up to 15:00 local time.

First, let me comment that as expected, there are a lot of

newbies posting. I'm glad to see you, but please take the time

to watch the data for a few days to learn about the various

quirks. Also, when you post positions, please tell me which image

size you used.

I have confirmed 3 claims, and there are 2 additional claims

still outstanding.

And then this It looks the senior head of all this got scared?

May 13 2002 17:08:02 Wow! This should be a good one. We're gearing up to observe this one with everyone available. Arecibo, LASCO, and maybe UVCS. I'm doing the measurements for the CCD reduction now. Look for an orbit solution tonight.

Also, we'll do a refined solution early tomorrow morning. This is the bright C3 Kreutz comet in the May 13 images.

I've spent the whole day dealing with e-mails regarding the SOHO-500 contest. We're up to over 200 entries. Did everyone see the story on www.cnn.com... Doug May 13 2002 17:42:25 Doug, what means 'the mother ship was parked in front of the satellite'?

Rainer May 13 2002 18:04:33 Regarding discussions of such things as mother ships, UFO's, or other such phenomena, please let this be the last word. I don't want this to be discussed here. That said, we occasionally get lots of bad PR from folks claiming that we are covering up conspiracies. Everything from missing blocks, to door closed images, to saturated planets, to data gaps of hours to days, has been interpreted as us covering up alien spacecraft and the like. See some of my favorite websites such as: www.cyberspaceorbit.com... www.enterprisemission.com... www.cyberspaceorbit.com... www.ghostweb.com... Please take any discussions of such matters to newsgroups like groups.yahoo.com... where hopefully there can be a reasonable discussion of the sometimes farcical claims. Doug

Well the rest you guys have too watch by yourself maybe a copy will do good maybe its nothing maybe its something I don't know ? but it was fun to read!

NRL Naval reseach labratory

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sorry I'm off to bed reply to you tomorrow nite!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Rainer May 13 2002 18:04:33 Regarding discussions of such things as mother ships, UFO's, or other such phenomena, please let this be the last word. I don't want this to be discussed here. That said, we occasionally get lots of bad PR from folks claiming that we are covering up conspiracies. Everything from missing blocks, to door closed images, to saturated planets, to data gaps of hours to days, has been interpreted as us covering up alien spacecraft and the like. See some of my favorite websites such as: www.cyberspaceorbit.com... www.enterprisemission.com... www.cyberspaceorbit.com... www.ghostweb.com... Please take any discussions of such matters to newsgroups like groups.yahoo.com... where hopefully there can be a reasonable discussion of the sometimes farcical claims. Doug

Seems clear enough. They are sick of the silly accusations and claims regarding common anomalies by those illiterate in regards to the images. They don't want it wasting their time better spent on serious matters to them. Can't blame them.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It looks like a typical conversation you'd see on the forums here right before a mod comes in and calms down everyone speculating. The dim and fuzzy anomalies have survived to this day without an invasion worse than the one we already have in governments.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

But the fact that SOHO researchers are using the phrases like" what means 'the mother ship was parked in front of the satellite'? " in the log reports , Should be a protocol that already had being discussed by the seniors that they not use the words mother ship and UFO or any kind of words that come close to extraterrestrial in origin?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I found those posts very interesting and so I went to the main Sungrazer page here-sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

On this website you can view and submit reports of suspected comets visible in LASCO and SECCHI satellite images. You will find information on past comets found by both instruments and from other spaceborne and ground-based instruments. There is also a wealth of information here designed to help newcomers discover their first SOHO or STEREO comet! In addition, pictures and educational resources that can be used both in the classroom and at home are shown throughout the site

And was blown away by this because I've seen the threads on "planet sized ufo's near the sun" and others similar. I did not know that these instruments were being used to discover actual objects such as comets.

So maybe some of those camera artefacts are more than glitches and such.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Wow that I didn't check that either I had another thread running so I had to let this one go,because I had the answer in the log files, You have to be very carfull what you want to see in these pictures if you not totally understand what your looking at. but thats awesome thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I'll have to read it in detail as it give tips and tricks on how to spot OBJECTS.....Maybe it deserves it's own thread....if you make one let me know.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

No I'm to busy with two threads I'm running but if you like could do It I if you like? maybe you can make it work better as did!
ill will support it

edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join