It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda master plan to destroy the US on or after the election day

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
There is a thin line between caution and paranoia.
I seem to recall a thread last year about a mass 7-11 conspiracy. Last July 11, 7-11 stores were giving away free slurpees. And people here were worried that it was a terrorist plot to poison people.
What am I trying to say? I have no clue. We've been hearing rumours about plans to attack on Christmas, Easter, Independance Day, etc. So take it serioulsy, but don't. Catch what I'm trying to say? Good, because it's late and I'm tired.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo
There is a thin line between caution and paranoia.
So take it serioulsy
Yes, take it very seriously. This is going to be the "big one" that the Government has been preparing for. It'll be the one to suspend the elections, to bring in Martial Law, to Draft people for Military Service, and create a more powerful Patriot Act. Watch out America, you are heading for some unusual surprises.

Paranoid? Yes, paranoid.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Now don't go stirring up the kiddies. We don't need a bunch of people standing on the corner preaching the word. I mean, what could hapeen with a couple of bonesmen going head to head? We're safe...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yea I'd take it seriously if I lived in one of the nation's largest cities (which I do) but not if you live in One-Stoplightville Nebraska.

If you're in NYC, LA, Chicago DC or another major metro then you already assume some risk everyday anyways though every time you leave your home. So like that line from The Street's album "use common sense, simple common sense". You're also still more likely to get hit by a cab then blown up by a terrorist so take it for what it's worth.

Also, the idea of terrorism is to instill terror, most of the attacks (note "most" here) have low body counts but scare the hell out of people because of the "that could have been me" factor. So keep alert but don't dart back and forth like a skitzed-out crack addict looking for Osama to show up with a suitcase nuke, you should be more worried about a random wasp's nest falling on your head.

Interesting Statistic:

Americans killed by wasps nests landing on their head in the United States in 2003: 4

Americans killed by Islamic Radical Terrorist groups in the United States in 2003: 0

I do think though that it would be insanely easy for Al Q to disrupt the election. All it would take is a couple suicide bombers in some poling stations early in the morning and the election would be postponed. I'll be watching to see what happens and I always vote later in the day anyways so I doubt they'd blow something up an hour before the station closes.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
WHAT!

Terrorist want to bomb the US.
WOW thanks for that all important news flash, whew who would of thunk-it. /Sarcasm off

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Did you see "where" it went off? Yes Mecca. I would think that those who want to kill everyone who is not a moslem had better rethink the plan. Mecca will be ashes very soon after an attack of that magnitude.....

Yes Hell on Earth............Glass in the Desert.

Sigh what great thinking
. Why attack Mecca if the terrorists aren't based from there. (attention upcoming sarcasm alert)With the logic of some of your thinking I should go and kill every white man b/c my dad and mom had to put up with racism from whites while growing up in North Carolina during the 40-60's (as did every black person living in America then). I don't care if you had nothing to do with it, your white so that makes you guilty by association. And don't say a word b/c if it's okay for you to use that logic of grouping all Muslims together based on the actions of a few (same deal happens to yougn black males who all get labeled into one group) then I'll do it with you. Don't like it, well kiss my butt b/c I don't care I mean if you can use that logic then I certainly will too.(end of alert)

And for the record if there is a nuke attack we can't just nuke the entire mid-east b/c Al-Qeada doesn't represent a country. Yes we may be able to use low grade nukes if we know there's a heavy concentration in a certain area (Tora Bora for example) which while still bad is more plausible and would make since lessening most of the collatral damage but unloading our whole arsenal into every Muslim country is just stupid. But then again why should I be surprised at the thinking of some on this board. AGain I'm probably banned after this message but I don't care b/c I had a point to make.

I hate terrorist as much as the next person with some sort of morals on this planet but I'm not gonna throw all those of Islamic faith into the fire just b/c a few are acting out in idiot ways perveting the religion they claim to be devot followers of (just like most KKK members claimed to be good God fearing Christians which seems silly given Jesus loved everyone and even forgave those who murdered him).

[edit on 7/15/2004 by truseeker]

[edit on 7/15/2004 by truseeker]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
While we can all debate details of what is to come regarding "us" vs. "them" in terms of terrorism before the election, the bigger question is whether we will get a handle on the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in a world environment where division rather than unity reigns. More than ever multi-national corporations seek public funds to produce more and more 'product'. Products (weapons) that have some of the highest net rates of return to businesses around the world and become deadlier and dealier as the technology of weaponry moves forward by leaps and bounds.

As the world's largest producer and seller of weapons (by a long shot) including weapons of mass destruction there is a karma wrapped up in all of that. Unless we strive to devote more resources to figuring out how we ended up in this endless spiral of weapons development and proliferation moving toward less rather than more security we may well face the elimination of the thin veneer we call 'civilization' and end up in another 'dark age'.

Unless we come to some level of accepting diversity without fearing those who are unlike us (us meaning people everywhere in all nations); unless we figure out a way to stop this thought process of wanting to impose our ideas or way of life on another; unless we figure out why we always think we (and I mean people everywhere again) "know" we are right when the course of human history his been one generation after another disproving the prior's truths; unless we start to make progress in these areas we will have a very high probability of revisiting the same levels of horror that rocked the world in the 20th century world wars but on entirely new scales.

When you take it to your personal level, your immediately family, your closest friends...is any of this worth watching them vaporized or dying a slow death from anthrax or smallpox. Is that really worth it to anyone in the world? People need to stop, look and listen TO THEIR HEART, TO THEIR GUT.

We need to stop listening to all the dogma. Enough of religious wars...my God how many times have the Koran, Book of Morman, the Bible been rewritten and written again by PEOPLE with agendas and personal motives. If we don't stop and listen to our hearts, view the world through our own personal lives as we have experienced them we will perish under the weight of all the generations of dogma that is imprinted on all of us. Every person is born into the world a blank slate with an inner compass, each of us equal.

It is time for everyone to stop blindly listening to 'the facts' in some book, 'the facts' according to some CEO, religious leader or politician. Look around you, look at the people important to you in your life.

Unless large numbers of people say enough is enough....people demand our leaders put their own lives on the line if they are to lead their people into war(s) then we will continue to go like sheep to slaughter for reasons that simply don't make sense anymore.

Should any of us 'trust' individuals who are motivated by salaries in the 'millions' who run our businesses, religious institutions and governments? Does any individual contribute so much to the world that they deserve compensation of millions and millions more per year? Even if they did is that the type of person we want running 'the show'?

I don't know about you but in my gut I know the world is not moving the right direction, I know in my gut America is not moving the right direction. If nothing else a day designated as a National Strike where everything just comes to a halt....where we 'stop' so we can look and listen and my God think about where we are going.

We were not born to just make sure the GDP keeps going up...although living in this country it pretty much reduces down to that. If something makes the GDP go up it is 'good', if it makes the GDP go 'down' it is bad. Maybe that economic 'religion' is something we should all examine as well. Is it possible the 'church towers' of our economic religion were the World Trade Center towers...were they an omen...perhaps a reminder that left unchecked it (our way of life based on unbridled capitalism) could come crashing down in dust unless we 'stop, look, listen and think' about where in the hell we are going?

I realize this thing is going all over the map but I do wonder are there other people out there like me who feel like this is the time, this is the place...where at least some of us say enough is enough....that humanity is ready for a new direction....a direction where we no longer accept 'religious wars', where we no longer just accept the 'way things are', where we no longer take an attitude of "I'm Righter than you"...

So far we have not discovered anything even close to the complexity of the planet earth and all of its diversity of life. What, just what if, Earth is the only place in the universe with the diversity of life we have....OMG....such a responsibility. So incredibly priceless this planet...worth saving at any cost. .. To me it is worth saving at any cost and the first step in saving it is to give up on ideas that I'm better, I'm right....rather to embrace a questioning of all things....and to stop being a robot controlled by mass media, mass culture...etc.

Are there other people out there feeling the same sense of this is the time to stand up and be counted to go in a new direction?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If the terrorists are going to attack they will do it when we LEAST expect it. Not on election day or during the conventions. I think the time we have to worry about may be AFTER the elections. They will have thought we have let our guard down and then they might try something.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
al queda is filled with masters of guerilla warfare. these r the kind of ppl who can think of ways to harm the United States that the more civilized citizens of the United States couldnt think of. at the same time tho, they also have cyber terrorists and bomb experts. in a way, they are very well organized and would most likely attack when our guard is down. if we think that they are going to attack us on election day, they would most likely attack one or two months or weeks down the line. but it is a valid point that even if they released sarin gas into a mall during the holidays, there would be a major disruption in the very flow that keeps the country on track and gives us the ability to carry out the tasks of our normal daily events.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by truseeker
Sigh what great thinking
. Why attack Mecca if the terrorists aren't based from there.

I think that Kozmo and edsinger have valid points. These countries know that there are radical movements within their boarders, and they are aware of who is behind them, but they only show a half-hearted effort in dealing with them do to the popularity of radical ideals to their mainstream populations. When that contractor was beheaded there, I recall that the police where having difficulty finding him because that common locals where sticking up for the radicals that held him. When the common man in a country and even the law enforcement personnel of that country are sympathetic to the radicals cause, then they assume an amount of the blame for what these people do. I believe that if we show these countries that we mean business that they will crack down on the extremists regardless of popular opinion.

Originally posted by truseeker
With the logic of some of your thinking I should go and kill every white man b/c my dad and mom had to put up with racism from whites while growing up in North Carolina during the 40-60's.

Racism is an entirely different subject.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neosnightmare
they are very well organized and would most likely attack when our guard is down.
I highly doubt that Al-Qaeda is well organized in the United States. How is it possible? On the other hand, people say there are terrorist cells in the United States. Then why haven't they been caught after 9/11 and after the Patriot Act was legislated?

The major terror attacks that happen in the United States are always done with the help of the CIA-M.I.C. Sure, Al-Qaeda operates through "cells", but so does the CIA.

If terrorists wanted to terrorize America, they'd do it constantly. The media gets America worked up about imaginary terrorists waiting to strike with Beer Coolers etc., how low the Government stoops in their effort to make fear in the Americans.

Yes, they will get you when you least expect it. Actually, they will do it when G. W. Bush's CIA-M.I.C needs it the most.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I also think that if the terrorists were going to strike here in the US, they would have done it by now. A suicide bomber in a food court at a crowded mall in the holiday season, that would be extremely easy to pull off and imagine if there were a coordinated attack of the like in multiple malls. These warnings, I think, are mostly political tools of the right wing. Although I believe in islamic militants and their hatred for us, I believe the government uses them as a reason to further their powers and I think they certainly engage in psy-ops with us in building the threat so we will back them in whatever they do. Another knowing manipulation by the government has reared its ugly head in this thread and that is racism, where was the need in this discussion to profess what seems to be a hatred for white people trueseeker? Keeping people seperate and at each others throats is exactly what the government wants, so we dont focus our attention on them. Its time to put the past in the past and focus on the futures of our children, the majority of people I know are not racist and it only does the KKK and other racist people justice to keep the hate alive. Its time to move on, dont you think? Does it take a major terrorist attack to make us see we are all neighbors and work together like after 9/11? I hope not. And how can one make the comparison between the huge muslim majorities abroad that agree with the terrorists, and white christians backing for the KKK? The only people that supported them were people with racist agendas, not religious ones, and Ill bet hardly any would die for the cause. You didnt see white christians assembling in huge demonstrations all across the country holding pictures of the grand wizard and burning effigies of MLK. Anybody who is civil and cares for human beings would not support blind hatred for anybody, but we are not getting that courtesy from the muslim communities abroad, name one muslim nation thats population is standing up against terrorists, because there were plenty of whites that stood beside blacks for civil rights. But back to the subject we have strayed from.

[edit on 16-7-2004 by jd27]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I highly doubt that Al-Qaeda is well organized in the United States. How is it possible? On the other hand, people say there are terrorist cells in the United States. Then why haven't they been caught after 9/11 and after the Patriot Act was legislated?

This is a good question, and one which has been asked and partially answered in different form, in several threads. Lack of assimilation, lack of major, organized outcry from the Islam population are part of the answer. In other words, they have a fairly good underground railroad, esp. in areas like Detroit.

The major terror attacks that happen in the United States are always done with the help of the CIA-M.I.C.

It's amazing how two so logically-disparate statements can appear in the same post, from the same mind.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This is a good question, and one which has been asked and partially answered in different form, in several threads. Lack of assimilation, lack of major, organized outcry from the Islam population are part of the answer. In other words, they have a fairly good underground railroad, esp. in areas like Detroit.
Partially answered with all the new enslavement laws that have been made? I'd expect a full answer from the Government on why they haven't caught any so-called Al-Qaeda people in the United States. You are heading into a Police State! Muahahahaha

It's amazing how two so logically-disparate statements can appear in the same post, from the same mind.
Well, if you study the history of the CIA, you may know that the substance of this organization was Nazi people. Most likely today, it still retains that same substance.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
Partially answered with all the new enslavement laws that have been made? I'd expect a full answer from the Government on why they haven't caught any so-called Al-Qaeda people in the United States. You are heading into a Police State! Muahahahaha

(1) I don't know of anyone who has been enslaved. Do you have any names of anyone who has been enslaved because of new laws?
(2) You don't know that they haven't, or that they aren't watching them. I could just as easily say the fact that there haven't been any attacks on our soil since 9/11 shows how overwhelmingly the government is destrying these AQ cells.

Well, if you study the history of the CIA, you may know that the substance of this organization was Nazi people. Most likely today, it still retains that same substance.

That may be true, but it does not substantate your allegation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join