It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New drilling method opens vast oil fields in US

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would suggest watching the documentary film "Gasland" before actually looking at Fracking so positively.

Unfortunately, It's difficult to find online save for the interviews and trailers.

I did find the full length version on a website like youtube that is Russian? Site seems O.K. too. Only thing is they have the subtitles.

GASLAND (PART 1)

GASLAND (PART 2)

I imagine they will be removed soon. I watched it on TV a couple days ago and it was pretty shocking.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
I would suggest watching the documentary film "Gasland" before actually looking at Fracking so positively.

Unfortunately, It's difficult to find online save for the interviews and trailers.

I did find the full length version on a website like youtube that is Russian? Site seems O.K. too. Only thing is they have the subtitles.

GASLAND (PART 1)

GASLAND (PART 2)

I imagine they will be removed soon. I watched it on TV a couple days ago and it was pretty shocking.

-ChriS

Thank you for this...will watch very soon.
edit on 9-2-2011 by QueSeraSera because: forgot text...posted by mistake OOPS!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

Gasland is available on NETFLIX, we saw it a few months ago.

This extraction method reminds me of fracking also.
en.wikipedia.org...

The problem I had with Gasland is that it left me feeling I was only getting one side of the story, I'd like to have both sides.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
www.science20.com... Fracking is unessecary.We banned it here www.abovetopsecret.com... they want to do it in the south of Western New York but the people are fighting it .Folks I've talked to have said that people from Pa. have told them horror stories of water table pollution.They have been using fracking there for a couple years.When they dump the chemicals above ground it pollutes everything.The state legislature has a bill pending to ban it all together.
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by BlasteR

Gasland is available on NETFLIX, we saw it a few months ago.

This extraction method reminds me of fracking also.
en.wikipedia.org...

The problem I had with Gasland is that it left me feeling I was only getting one side of the story, I'd like to have both sides.

I sort of felt like the same way at first. But, overall, I thought it was very informative.

If nothing else, it definately left me with the sense that there's very little we can do to prevent contaminants from entering our water supply if we really want to drill at the level that would make us more dependent on the Far East than it would the Middle East. Even the federal government understands that drilling for oil and/or natural gas is a trade-off and a gamble.

Most people don't know the level of environmental damage we're already doing or what long term health problems that might pose in the future.

With regards to oil and gas, if we are ever going to get to where we can be almost completely self-sustaining, we'll also have to continue making new alternative energy innovations and find ways of minimizing the potential for contaminating the environment.

With the environmental damage already taking place, it doesn't seem like conservation is even on the minds of the big oil companies and that's a big problem. It's a problem the documentary focuses on and one that we are going to have to address before the environmental and health damage gets too out of control.

I think everyone agrees that producing our own oil and gas is a good thing or at least the idea of not having to rely on other countries for it. It's the other side of that coin that people aren't really informed about.

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
my view of this is simple : see how China is like the only remaining big country to use coal as its main electricity production mean ? well replace coal by oil & china by america ...

also those early reports are only investors-luring tricks, it reminds of how Uri geller claimed he could spots valuable mineral deposits by mind-power...

the future remains with green technologies, if u can use water to run a car, why worry about oil, that is if you really need a car, as for individual electrical needs, why depend on government ruled companies when you could get off the grid for good with a very little investment (the cost of a car...) ?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is all Fracking and Shale Oil which will never, ever be viable; will always be a net-energy loser and destroy more fresh water than there is on the continent. This is the kind of outright lie, brazen and baldfacedly offered that makes me... almost homicidal. Goebbels and Hitler were right about the big lie.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Chinese seem to disagree with you...... at least as far as the viability thing goes - they probably don't really care about Canada's water supply.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join