It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I steal a few minutes of your time?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by G.A.G.
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

After I saw your reply, I searched and searched. I searched the "entire" internet, I talked to everyone who knows anything, and I scoured all the wriiten text available...and nowhere at all did it say "you" were "REQUIRED" to click on/post to this thread. I am very disappointed in your tactics. You may be 100% accurate, but your tone was lousy!

I wasn't aware i was using any tactic's..... and if i was using a certain " tone" .... it would be one I wished the op could use.

We paint the world in the colors of our thoughts. ..... these negative self defeating thoughts the op has will only produce as much,......

I was giving advice, .. in the guise of a kind of fight speech, ...... words to inspire strength, not coddle.

Being in his position before.... i know which i would have preferred.

OP.... your a godamn Tank, ..... you'll roll through it.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
May the warmth and healing of love and compassion fill you to overflowing so that you may be a power of healing for others even as you are healed.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Thanks for posting Thread. Thanks, now i dont feel as alone. Thanks fellow humans for your enlightening words on the subject as they have reached my eyes and ears also. Im sending my positive thoughts your way too Kid. Goodluck.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
How's your eating? brainchemistry can be influenced by what you get or lack
I'm not a nutritionist; but I would look into natural stuff before getting a script and forever having that in your files.but depression can be a serious imbalance and require medical help. So If you need help get it, just the act of stepping forward and doing something about it will help... Good luck.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hello my friend,

I am sorry to hear of the difficult burden you are carrying. These are indeed trying times that will weigh even the strongest man down. It is ok to feel as though the load has gotten too heavy. It is ok to say you have had enough. It is ok to ask for help and I am glad you did so. I will be sending a prayer off for you. In the mean time, I ask that you pull in your family and friends real close and share each others burdens.

You mentioned you are not feeling much compassion from others. This sounds to me like a lot of folks plain ole carrying too much individually. Those who are showing you no compassion are probably burdened with their own load. Sit down with your family. Share each others load. Listen to them and give the compassion they seek too. Together, a family unit can pull through any adversity. A house divided collapses in on itself. Be a united team unafraid to share with each other.

If you ever need a listening ear, I am always around.

Jesus is a good place to turn in these times. His lessons are timeless truths that will shed the light through the deepest dark. Good luck and Godspeed on your journey.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
what u write is exactly how ive been feeling, im 22 years old and ive been living with my older brother for minimum 21 years and weve had a really really tense relationship lately, so tense that he moved up to my mom to live with her for some time even... cause i get pissed easyly, i cant make myself be happy around him or anyone else for that sake... ive been a conspiracy "geek" for roughly 4-5 years.... during that time ive become more and more depressed, i neglected my friends (from my old city, wich i used to wisit every weekend almost =/...)
as u i know my family and friends love and care for me very much... and i try to convince myself i do to...
and i do, no question about it... i just feel dead inside, i dont make time for my family and friends anyomore... cause i simply cant be arsed... and i hate feeling this way.
And like u id rather not get into medication... im not religious either... and in some way i am...
HOPEING there is a greater good meaning in life... im logical / slightly spiritual?... been close to out of body experiences, tryed lucid dreaming like 5 nights in a row, but not since =(
and im just so #ing tired of life it all just feels so pointless...
gonna try send u some positive vibes

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
As far as suffering from depression, you may have valid reasons for it. If you are just suffering without any clear reason and you want it to end, I might suggest try walking 30 minutes a day every other day or whatever you can manage each week. I've heard exercise can change how you feel. If you get your blood flowing, you'll have more oxygen going to your brain and body and may feel more awake and more energetic after you get going. I also recommend getting enough sleep but I find that easier to say than to do.

I'll list a disclaimer here to protect myself. Check with your doctor before starting an exercise program.

I used to feel really good after doing some heavy bicycling for at least an hour. I was in shape and would experience what some people call the runner's high. The endorphins in my body were pumping for several hours after exercising and it made me feel pretty good. I've heard that people that do illegal drugs to feel an unnatural high deplete their natural supply of endorphins and end up lowering the level of natural high they can ever experience. Illegal drugs are harmful. I've stayed away from them. I do remember what it is like to feel the runner's high from exercise and you can actually get addicted to it I heard. I don't know of any harm with the natural high though.
I doubt anyone will feel any runner's high with simply walking but I do believe it will make people feel better overall.

A large percentage of the entire population of the US doesn't get enough exercise or sleep. I can imagine a lot of people feel depressed and tired. You're not alone. You have millions of people in the same boat plus some who know they need to be exercising and sleeping more to be in better shape. I'm working on this myself. It's a lot easier to be lazy but you end up feeling more tired as a result.

edit on 10-2-2011 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
I'm not a nutritionist; but I would look into natural stuff before getting a script and forever having that in your files.but depression can be a serious imbalance and require medical help. So If you need help get it, just the act of stepping forward and doing something about it will help... Good luck.

Actually, I've been thinking of seeing a nutritionist a while ago, and I should really make that my priority now. My diet consists of junk, and I can be picky, I'm interested in looking into a better diet, and maybe some natural vitamin pills, I've heard Omega-3 products are good from a thread here somewhere.

reply to post by Newguyyy

You'll be in my thoughts, remember to look over the other members posts in here, they're thoughtful, especially 46ACE, our world consists of many poisons, like our diet. In the worlds of IntastellaBurst, "Your a goddamn tank!!"

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

I was giving advice, .. in the guise of a kind of fight speech, ...... words to inspire strength, not coddle.

Being in his position before.... i know which i would have preferred.

OP.... your a godamn Tank, ..... you'll roll through it.

Exactly! I know I will!!!

--

Thanks for the posts and energy everyone, you'll be in my thoughts. I apologize for not personally replying to you all, I need to wake up soon for work. >_O

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

We paint the world in the colors of our thoughts. .....

Thank you for that - I will never forget this. It is spot on.

To the OP,

I have been there too. So many of us have. You will pull through, and you will do it because you have had the power to start making changes. Praying (Although I am not religous) is always powerful. Starting this thread was a step towards healing.

Please take another step, go and explain your depression to your doctor. I have done this in the past, and I have used antidepresent drugs too, and they are fantastic. Use them together with guidence and support from a professional as they will give you the peace of mind you need to take in the good advice, they will give you the space you need to make possative changes. I know this from personal experience over the last, well, many many years! lol

You then stop taking the drugs, because you have changed and grown into the space they gave you.

I send you my posative energy, my compassion and my love. Close your eyes and see youself wrapped in it. Feel better and get help, and then feel better again.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thekid90
because of my selfish unmet needs, that's built up for a few years, I'm in a state of depression. I do get angry quite easily but the choices I make I always weigh and make sure I do the right thing, regardless of Karma or anything, I hate a dirty conscience.

one of the biggest things that bother me is, I do know I'm loved but I don't feel compassion from others, a psychologist will give me advice, advice that I probably know but not the compassion I desire.

Well if I had some details about the particular event you are struggling with, I might see more, but just working with what I have, I have to say one thing jumps out as obvious.

You are not very compassionate to yourself. It could be why you are feeling this void of compassion.

It sounds like you hold yourself to a very high standard, and judge yourself pretty harshly for having needs and being human. Feelings, or emotional needs just are. They are right just because they are. There is no point in judging a feeling. Its not rational, it doesnt respond to reason, and trying to tamp down, deny, or otherwise modify feelings using reason is a recipe for unhappiness and anger.

You need to feel your feelings. No matter how "selfish" or "petty" or whatever your mind may call them, they may seem to you. You just need to experience them, and give them recognition. And experience them as deeply as you can. When you feel anger, really focus your whole awareness on it, the way it feels, same with grief, or lonliness, whatever.

Just feel them, and while you are doing it, try to watch what language your mind uses. Try to call it what it is, and notice when the language you use is harsh, or judgmental. And dont judge that either, just notice that too. "Seeing the problem is the solution." Awareness applied as deeply as possible, is medicinal. You dont need to try to manipulate, change, stop, anything. Just become (allow yourself to be) aware of those needs and your feelings about them in as complete a way as you can.

Sorry if a bunch of people already pointed this out, I wrote before I read the whole thread. The OP just screamed it and I had to write it.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
FOCUS, FAITH, and FINISH. You can build on the first two as much as you want but if you don't FINISH nothing gets accomplished and you will feel incomplete. FOLLOWTHRU

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I hope you feel better. You deserve more than the two lines I can offer.
My prayer has been prayed.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I should be tired right now but I'm still wide awake. It might be because it's snowing heavy outside for our third snowstorm for the year here in South Carolina. Anyway about nutrition I thought I would add my diet isn't the best either. To help out I've been taking a multivitamin supplement for years. I notice I have a lot less energy without it. I switched to a Men's multivitamin from Puritan's Pride a catalog company sometime ago. It doesn't have any iron in it which I wanted to avoid since men don't usually need all the iron and that can be harmful and with some people it can cause fatigue and a disease called hemochromatosis in a few people. Anyway good luck with feeling better. I believe I was depressed at one time and that was before I started taking the vitamin pill. I'm not even sure why I was once depressed though. I wish everyone well who is suffering.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Actually, I've been thinking of seeing a nutritionist a while ago, and I should really make that my priority now. My diet consists of junk, and I can be picky, I'm interested in looking into a better diet, and maybe some natural vitamin pills, I've heard Omega-3 products are good from a thread here somewhere.

That is definitely a good idea. For a long time I suffered from a severe B12 anaemia and didn't even know it. I was depressed a lot of the time and I felt... just tired. Tired of the world, tired of everything. Since I started taking B12 and iron tablets, I've felt much better. Depression is gone and I'm happier than ever. Taking some multivitamins may very well help you considerably (though I am no place to diagnose you). In any case, my thoughts are with you and I sincerely hope you pull through and make your worth felt in the world.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
To TheKid and all depressed people,

Henry Thoreau, American author 1817-1862 said:

"Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them."

This is so sad, because it makes you realise that most people do not reach their potential, but it is also encouraging, because it makes you realise that depression is just one of the many burdens of living in this world.

So, I say to you, Kid, and to everyone, most people are in the same boat. And to fulfil our potential should be our aim.

As for the depression, it is a black dog on your shoulder (Winston Churchill said that, I think) but when you realise that you are not a freak for being depressed, that in fact most people are, hopefully you can take your concentration off the depression and try to find your true meaning - everyone on this earth is here for a reason.

And I would also like to say forget shrinks and, especially, forget drugs.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You have explained yourself very well. Im glad I read this thread because I have been and still going through this problem myself. I hope you find what your looking for.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Will be praying for your success, but to attain success in controlling those emotions is to practice controlling it everyday. Practice till you reach that state, the state which you are you. Good luck on your journey, there is always a natural way to heal things my friend

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Thekid90

well, i think we feel much the same way.
i havent tried religion yet, lol...
dont want to try meds either.

don't know wat to do with my life.

i try to be positive but sometimes its hard with the people around me.

i know there are lots of people on ATS and in other places that feel like we do; it a shame we couldnt hang out once in awhile..

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I would like to suggest that you read Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now". It changed my life and I think it may help you also.

I am sending some good vibes your way and hope to get some back from you.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
OP: You mentioned problems with nutrition. Ive been really stuck in a rut of depression and bad diet the last couple of years. I survived on very little food and ate only junk food. I was constantly tired and never had enough energy so I decided this year to do my best to make improvements in my life just a little at a time in whatever way i could. I started taking bee pollen granules as a supplement which has improved my energy levels a lot and Im gradually eliminating all junk food and introducing healthier food and exercise into my life. Im drinking green tea instead of coffee and going to bed earlier. Also Ive been reading a lot of spiritual books, latest book being Dolores Cannon's Between Death and Life. Just a few small positive changes and Im feeling a lot better than I did end of last year. Sending good vibes your way

reply to post by Newguyyy

Sending good vibes to you as well

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join