It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal experience, very strange story, your help is requested!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

I couldn't see any eyes it turned it's head and faced me then turned back and continued on it's way.It didn't seem to see me as no visible reaction.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Thanks for the link very interesting

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I guess the ex got the ghost too, lol.

This is very interesting. If there was no door there before, and especially since it was a newer part of the house, I wonder what the significance is of that spot on the wall. I'm just thinking out loud. Such things really make me think, lol! I guess if I was a ghost, I would walk through walls too, just because I could, HA HA! But considering that the cats were always focused on that spot, the ghost must have had preference for that spot for some reason. I wonder if it was buried under the house? Of course there's no way for you to know that, but like I said, I'm thinking out loud. I'm very good at that, lol!

This is kind of on the border of being off topic, but just wanted to say that it isn't the first time that I've heard of ghosts having a fascination with cats. My local vet's office is haunted. It was a house back in the 20's. A sheriff lived there and was shot while trying to stop a bank robbery. Anyway, this is who they think haunts the place. Every time I go in there, the staff comes out to tell me the latest ghost stories... I'll be there tomorrow actually! Anyway, the vet has been there for years and he said that the ghost favors the cats that are in there. They have "office cats" that live there, all the time. They have free roam of the place, except for the parts where the sick animals are kept, but most of the time, they just lay around being lazy. These cats are MONSTROUS! One of them only has three legs... this is important later, lol.

Anyway, the vet says that occasionally, the cats will stand up and purr and move around like cats do while being petted. That in itself isn't so unusual, but he also told me that he was getting ready to do surgery on a cat one day, and he hadn't put it under yet, but he and his assistant had turned the cat over on its back and stretched it out. The cat was scared and squalled. When the cat squalled, some sort of L shaped, heavy instrument that they use in surgery, came flying off the shelf and hit the vet right in the forehead. He still has the mark! His assistant confirmed that it happened. They see this ghost too, and he looks like an actual person... not transparent. He's a full-body apparition and looks as real as you or me! He isn't seen often, but one day, the vet was closing up and getting ready to leave for the night. There were no animals hospitalized so nobody would be staying in the office. As he was getting ready to leave, he heard somebody putting money in the Coke machine in the back and then the sound of a can of pop being dispensed. He was confused because nobody else was supposed to be there so he looked around the corner to see who was back there and saw a man walk off, down the hall, and then out the back door. He ran after him to see what in the world he was doing in there. He went out the back door, right after the man, but when he opened it, nobody was there, but the three legged cat was outside and had he not followed the ghost man out, the cat would have been left outside, all night, on it's own.

My chihuahua hates going to the vet... poor dog, but I love it because I get all the updates on the place, lol.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

Thanks for the great story.Funny thing the "ex" never saw the ghost or what ever it was.And she was a believer.I was a skeptic and I saw it.There were a couple of other times I saw it but those were the out of the corner of the eye type.This one I saw full on.But I think the cats saw it all the time if I can judge by their behavior.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Whoa, I feel for you buddy. My ex got my house from me too after I spent a lot of time and money remodeling. I got over it though and now life is good...

Oh, and I'd have to agree with TechVampyre's assessment. I've had experience with this type of thing too. Not seeing a form like you did, but mischievous things happening like things going missing and appearing in another place, pictures flying off walls, things gliding across the dresser in front of me, footsteps walking around and around in my bedroom when I was watching TV in the floor below. Also a few times something sat on my bed at the foot. Very disconcerting. I am sure from the feel of it and the nature of it that it was malicious. I felt very threatened by it. And if I saw a dark entity, well I'd have left never to return...
edit on 2/10/2011 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Well I did leave forever ,but not because of the entity LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

On further examination of this thread..I Take back my previous post.. It would appear your house may have been built on a energy vortex as i call it.. A energy vortex or portal would explain a lot of what you have described.. Your house may have been sitting on a magnetic fault line.. Such disturbances have been known to cause stuff disappearing and reappearing, Also There is a heavy spiritual presence surrounding these types of incidents..As you said the shadow entity merely came out of the wall and walked toward you, so that rules out anything malicious.. I have not completely ruled out the possibility that your house may have been built on a Indian burial ground either..

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You know I thought about that.I looked into that a little bit at the local library and the town hall,but was unable to find any record of anything like a burial mound.The area where the house is situated is what would be considered a drained swamp.There is a stream along the southern end of the property.What I was able to find out was this parcel of land was originally part of a larger farm early in the 1800's.The first listed owners I always got a kick out of their names were Ebeneezer and Jemimah Mix.I think that the original property was larger than what I purchased.I had 1 and a quarter acres.I believe the original size was several acres.Perhaps there was a family cemetary there.If so there was no evidence of it.The original three rooms were constructed Around 1823.They were added on to starting in the 1940's.That's when the wall it came out of was originally constructed as near as I was able to determine.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

A family cemetery is also very possible good thinking..You may be able to get some more info on the property by contacting the local historical societies.. You may even be able to dig up burial records for the area.. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I can relate to that! My former property was always very special to me since it was built by my grandfather. I spent a lot of time there as a child in the '60's. It took a lot to let it go. It wasn't the haunted house I grew up in though... only haunted by a nasty old ex...lol.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I actually did talk to the local historical society. They loaned me a book that was written by a former head of the society who had lived in this small village where the house is located.He was an expert on the village.I found nothing in the book that would prove one way or the other what may have been on the property in the past.I asked if it would be possible to talk with him and was told he had passed away a number of years before.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

It's good to know we can always count on our pets to let us know we are not actually going insane and seeing things. But at the same time I'm also annoyed at the little bastards for letting know things are as horribly strange as they are.

Once I saw something, I was about to dismiss it as just me seeing things when suddenly my cat let me know full well that uhh no..SOMETHING WAS THERE! Damn.

For me the cat freaked first and then I got the most ungodly fear like I'd never had before. Adrenaline went up about 200% I bet. That's why I was moving so fast.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Hey there.

So, you can find my posts about my personal experiences with psychic/paranormal phenomena....not sure if I made a post regarding the shapes/forms ...spirits? I've seen, but I've had my fair share.

Reading your story reminds me of something very similar.

For two years I dated someone from Syria, a muslim, but not a hard core muslim. However, he does know alot of the passages of the Q'uran from his youth, and specific incidents he had with entities that Islam refers to as Jinn or Jinni (or Genie as we have began calling it, ie Alladin cartoons).

Their belief is that the Jinn live in a paralell world to ours, have their own sexes (male and female), own religions, beliefs, ect. Apparently they once lived on earth with us Humans, back in the day, but some events occured that had something to do with King Solomon or something...and they were forever lost from our realm of reality.

Jinn can come in all forms, and I personally believe they are the Islamic explination for alot of the paranormal things we see in life such as spirits and demons.

Anyhow, in relation to your story, Islam believes that Jinn are made of smoke, which would explain the consistency of the figure you've seen. They also say they look as we do, but can take many forms, however they do not have feet like ours, more of just a mesh of the smoke.

Now I say these things, being an unbeliever in todays religions. I dont have a set religion that I believe in. I believe the people of Islam that experienced these things, attributed them to Jinn, and thats what they've been known as since then.

My personal experience with my ex has been a pretty crazy one. From him waking up screaming almost on a nightly basis from these Shaytan (Demons) tormenting him in dreams, to me waking from one myself, unable to open my mouth, but screaming and trying to wake him up beside me.

I've seen figures at the end of my bed, in the corner of my bedroom...I see black shapes randomly out of the corner of my eye all the time...all day and night. Its almost as though this has become common place for me, and I'm not longer afraid of it, more curious.

Anyhow, keep in mind that this is an amazing thing. An amazing, unknown thing, that many people experience throughout their lives. We need to not be afraid, and to embrace the fact that we are not the only sentient beings in this existance. Be curious, ask questions...we are on the cusp of understanding. Lets do whatever we can to make the jump.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

Wow sounds like you have regular visits.That would be really spooky.I was pretty much a skeptic before I bought that house.But after that I can't say I am anymore.I really don't think it was a haunting although there were some things like the sounds of walking in the attic and the knocking sounds.SometimesI have wondered if there may have been more than one thing going on there.I don't know allot about the jinn.Just because I haven't seen allot of mention of them.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Wow sounds like you have regular visits.That would be really spooky.I was pretty much a skeptic before I bought that house.But after that I can't say I am anymore.I really don't think it was a haunting although there were some things like the sounds of walking in the attic and the knocking sounds.SometimesI have wondered if there may have been more than one thing going on there.I don't know allot about the jinn.Just because I haven't seen allot of mention of them.

In my opinion, the best way to deal with these types of things is to forget the preconcieved ideas, and realise that we really dont know what we're dealing with, what the intentions are, or how to handle it.

And yeah, its pretty regular for me. I wouldnt call them visits...I believe we coexist with whatever it is that we see from the "paranormal" world. I just have the ability to see them more regularily than others...I think.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well I don't have to worry about it anymore as I don't live there anymore,my ex has to deal with it and since she is a paranoid schiz I'm thinking anything going on now is really entertaining.I feel as you do that it's something that we share space with.One thing though when I first went into that house something was bothering me . I mean that I felt something there but couldn't explain what I felt at the time.My home now I felt nothing of the kind in .That's why I bought this house.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

The detail is what I'm having trouble with here. Definetly helps me believe OP believes what he 's saying. Seems ratioanal and at the same time unbelievable. OP can you cut and paste this puppy over to this thread. I'd love to have it there.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Advice about an occurrence like you've described is shaky, at best. I've witnessed things like you've described, with the cats behaving oddly, misplaced objects, and one large shadow of a human; I still don't know what to do about it. The plan I'd had was to leave and not return, but lo and behold, sometimes these things can follow.
Out of experience, I would recommend you do nothing. When I was younger and attempted to dig into the past, or find the shadow, or chase the thing out of my house, it only made the occurrences more frequent and disturbing; it seems to me that once these sorts of apparitions become aware that you are aware of their presence, they attempt to act out in ways which continue getting them attention. I suspect it has less to do with 'giving them power', as some would say, than the simple fact that for most of their existence as wraiths, they've gone unnoticed. Now, whether your household spirit is malevolent or benign, only you could say. Either way, pursuing knowledge concerning this apparition (within the confines of your home, that is) will almost certainly result in heightened activity.

One experiment you could attempt, were you so inclined, would be to have several different guests, one a time, stay the night in your house. I would advise against warning them about the apparition, though that may bother your conscience. Odds are one or more of your guests will experience something abnormal, and their perception and reaction to said experience could help you gauge the intentions of the apparition. On a side note, when I performed (albeit unknowingly) the same experiment as a teenager, in each case the offensive entity within my house led my guests (who believed, in the dark hallway, that the shadow was me being silent) directly to one corner in my bedroom, a place which my cats, too, stared, and in which I had witnessed very odd shadows.

Alternately, at a time when you are alone, preferably in the early hours of the morning, try going through the areas in which you saw the shadow with a camera. Don't try to shoot anything particular; take multiples of each location you choose to shoot, and make certain you take plenty of pictures. I've found this to be a particularly effective means of catching photographs of lights which weren't visibly there when the picture was taken. Odd, I know, since I was after a picture of a displaced shadow, but one of every forty or so pictures I took in that house revealed anomalous images which were in no way shadowy.

Anyhow, I hope this information has been helpful. I'm sorry I can't give advice as to actual action, but the truth is I have no idea what we're supposed to do when we witness such things. All I know is that if you are cautious and show little fear, you'll do better than most.

(edit) So, I should have read further before responding; your description was simply so close to what I'd seen I jumped the gun. Since you aren't living there, and haven't seen anything at you new home, I suppose you're fine. Glad you got out; I myself moved back into the haunted home of my youth two months ago, and while nothing has happened, I've been on edge the whole time.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Malfeitor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

Nice to know that some one else has experienced something like this. At the time it was kind of scary, but now it doesn't bother me. The new house has been pretty quiet so far. But it's almost the same age and you never know. I now live in a more historic area, near the Erie Canal (it's almost in my backyard) and allot of workers died here. So if it was a ghost or something like that , I'm in an area where it could happen again.

I kind of lean toward the explanation that it was a dimensional traveler. Moving through our plane of existence. It just seemed that whatever it was, was just passing through. Although it did happen several times the experience that I related here was the longest and best representation of what I was experiencing. My cat here hasn't responded to anything that I have noticed. My previous cat was one of the ones that did respond to the occurrences at the other house ,but she never did here. She passed away about a year and a half ago at the age of 17. The new cat doesn't see anything ,but I'm sure he will if something is there.

Thanks for your response.

Lonegurkha
edit on 4/3/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Always glad to help.

Regarding your response directly, I've often wondered if what I saw was something inter-dimensional; it simply doesn't make sense to me that a forty-year old house could be host to something which seemed much older. Also, given that the entirety of the occurrences centered around one focal point, it seems more likely that a sort of rift was to blame, be the apparitions spirits or otherwise. The only thing I can say for certain is that they did not belong here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join