It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal experience, very strange story, your help is requested!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I would like to relate a personal experience,and get the communities take on it.I apoligise for the length but I wanted to give all the details.I used to own a very old house more than 100 years old.I know very little about the history of the property,only that it had originaly been a three room farm house and had been added on to to make it the house I purchased.It had been made a ranch style home with what was to have been an attached garage for a florida room on a slab.The original house was on a footer with a beam 10 inches by 12 inches down the middle of the main floor.This beam was supported by oak barrels buried half way into the ground and filled with concrete.This arrangement supported 2x12 joists that were 18 inches on center.The sheathing under the roof shingles were 2x6 laid side by side.The tops of the outer supporting walls were 4x4's across the top stacked two deep.Keep in mind that the wood was actual measurement 2x6 etc.The newer parts of the home were standard construction for the area with lumber sized the way it is now.I put this down because the style of construction is unusual for the area and seriously overbuilt for where it is,I thought this may have some bearing on my story and maybe one of you may see something that I don't.

Not long after we moved in some rather unusual things started to happen.Our cats would sit in the back hallway and stare at a spot on the wall.All four cats did this and at the same spot.Sometimes they would jump and swipe at something invisible to us.There was nothing behind this spot on the wall except the toilet in the bathroon.I opened this wall when I remodeled the bathroom and there was nothing unusual inside it,but even after the remodel the cats would do the same thing in this spot.The cats would also behave this way at the door to one of the bedrooms that we used for storage.There were always strange knockings and other sounds like someone walking in the attic.Only thing was you couldn't stand up in the attic (and the attic was full of stuff), unless you were under 5 feet tall and the entrance to the attic was a pull down staircase in the kitchen ceiling visible from the livingroom and the florida room.The thing made a loud noise when pulled down so nobody could have secretly have gotten up there.

Things used to disappear on a regular basis rings and other jewlery left out would disappear only to reappear either in the same place or in a completely different spot. This also happened with keys and other small objects.At first I blamed it on the cats but then the things would reappear neatly placed on a table or counter.Sometimes the things never returned sometimes it would be months before they would show up,other times only a couple of days would go by.Larger things would on occasion not be where you left them, like a baseball glove would show up in a different room than where you left it.

This is all the little stuff that used to happen fairly often.I used to say it was fred doing it just to give the occurance a name for fun.There were many other noises and odd things which happened over the 25 years I lived there,but there was one experience that really made my hair stand up and sent a chill down my back.

I used to have Fridays off and was consequently home alone all day.I was sitting on the couch facing the back hallway where the cats used to sit and stare at the wall.The Big screen TV was directly across from me and next to the opening to the hallway.There was a window and door with a window in it at the end of the hall.It was a bright sunny day in the summer all the windows were open.I had the television on kind of for background noise.I wasn't really paying attention to it because I was reading a magazine.

I heard a sound and looked over the top of the magazine to see one of the cats who had been sitting in the spot and staring at the wall come tearing as fast as they could go into the living room.I looked at the spot on the wall where they used to take swipes at something unseen and saw what looked like the dark outline of a human head come out of the wall and appear to look around.

It was like a shadow of a head.Then a dark shadow shape in human form came out of the wall ,walked toward me down the hall and into the livingroom only 8 feet from me.It then walked in front of the TV and sort of slightly blocked the screen as it passed kind of like there was thick smoke in front of the screen.It appeared to look directly at me as it passed in front of me and continued to pass through the door to the bedroom where the cats used to stare.This all took place in about maybe 10 to 15 seconds.I freaked out and jumped up ran to the bedroom door and pushed it open,but of course there was nothing there.

This happened several years ago and I haven't been able to forget it.I usually don't get unsettled by odd things happening but for some reason I found this very unsettling and I can't seem to put my finger on why.I spoke to a friend I used to work with who was very into the paranormal and he said that there was a dimensional portal in my house and I had witnessed a being from that dimension passing through this dimension to another.He said that was why it appeared as a shadow to me.I've never known what to think of this experience other than it's wierd.Other than that one friend, anyone I have told that story to thinks I'm crazy and yet I know what I saw.So what does the ATS community think about this?
edit on 2/9/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

Is there any way to breakup your post some? All I see is a wall of text that is daunting, to say the least.

ETA: Thanks for breaking up the post!

edit on 9-2-2011 by BiggyMcBigPants because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

So what does the ATS community think about this?

You might want to consider breaking up your thread into paragraphs..? Trying to read it is making me biased to your story already.

I freaked out and jumped up ran to the bedroom door and pushed it open,but of course there was nothing there.

People that do this in the horror movies usually die - keep that in mind next time...as to the rest, get the vid camera out and set it up and get back to us when you have some tangible evidence.

Hang tough..!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Well pal, .. since you asked for help.

I hear alot about " dimensional portals" ...... but i havent seen much evidence for them. In higher dimenions one would simply need to alter their vibratory rate.

Granted, ... i dont know everything about the universe, ... so it could still be a possibility, .. i just find it unlikely. The fact that this " entity" chose to walk through the bedroom door, leads me to believe that he is a previous owner of the house simply going through his " routine".

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It wasn't that bad, or at least I was able to read it.

I can't say that I know what to make of it, though, beyond saying that your experience fits easily into that of other folks who have reported similar things. I don't know about dimensional portals or what the shadow guys are made of or what they are up to.

You say that you can't get past it -- is there something in particular that you can point to that bothers you?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I think your story is interesting. I am only 19 and have had a few experiences that have made me more of a believer than ever before. I can't say i've seen a shadow person, but at my girlfriends house just a few months ago while she was at work and I was at her house alone while her parents were out of town I was sitting at the kitchen table doing schoolwork online, and in front of me is the living room then a hallway which seperates to 3 bedrooms.

My girlfriends was on the left, the door was open and I had pulled back the curtains earlier to let light in. So I don't know when it happened, but I got up to get something to eat or drink and I looked down the hallway and I could have swore I saw a type of mist that was there, and then it just flowed quickly and smoothly across from her bedroom towards her parents room when I couldn't see it anymore. I tried not thinking much of it, thinking it could have been some sort of reflection from outside which it still could have been. The only thing is, a few months before that I had my most prominent experience in years at her house again but this time I was sleeping in the guest bedroom, where the mist was.

On that night, I was laying in the dark in her guest bedroom trying to fall asleep. The window was covered by TWO sets of curtains. There is also a big cross with Jesus Christ on it that was right above my head. Next thing I know, I see a blue/white light shoot down from the roof, stop completely in its tracks and shoot straight back up through the roof. I get chills writing this because it was so fascinating. At that time I was becoming more spiritual and wanting to see something, always wanting subconsciously for the higher forces to send me a sign. Well I got the sign that night, and I remember just thinking how I had just seen a spirit. I wasn't scared, but I was a little freaked out. I just pulled up the sheets and decided to try and sleep and think about it in the morning.

So the reason I thought the mist could have been a spirit, is because I saw that orb of light a few months or weeks before the mist. So although im not scared to stay at her house alone, especially when her parents go out of town, I always have the lingering feeling that I have seen some unexplainable things in that house.

I have more stories but i'll stop here. I've never had an experience inside a haunted house, but I can't imagine seeing what you saw. Did you just sit there while it was moving? Because I would be so freaked out at that point that my adrenaline would kick in and I would get up and have to raise my voice at it or something. Pretty cool though. Goes to show there is way more to this life and existence than most people begin to think about.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Very familiar story. I had the same with my cat when I lived in the attic, would stare for hours at the same spot. When I moved down later to the first floor stuff started to disappear and appear in exactly the same manner as you describe. The house would have a foul stench in the hallways. Stuff would be falling out of itself in the Bathroom even when the ledge they were on was preventing that normally. Other inhabitants had puddles of water appear without reason. Once I saw a light floating by and I often seen shadows move in the corner of my eye.

There was a fire in the house but no one died afaik. But it was clear to everyone that something strange was going on in that house. One student went mad, another one was ill and they couldn't figure out what was wrong.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Is that better sorry about that.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by delta.bravo.delta
It wasn't that bad, or at least I was able to read it.

I can't say that I know what to make of it, though, beyond saying that your experience fits easily into that of other folks who have reported similar things. I don't know about dimensional portals or what the shadow guys are made of or what they are up to.

You say that you can't get past it -- is there something in particular that you can point to that bothers you?

I think what bugs me is how close to me it was 8 feet max and it looked right at me.The figure was well defined, I mean the edges were not blurry,but the figure could be seen through.Man gives me the creeps.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
My girlfriend and i have had similiar circumstances where we heard foot steps in front of our bed,then nothing, these noises all derived from the closet. as timing is everything i was just talking to a fellow student yesterday about football and our conversation turned into a different direction all together, when he asked me if i had ever seen anything strange? I told him yes and he elaborated that he has had a dark figure coming out of his closet for the last few nights. So anything is possible

Thanks for your story!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FPB214

Yeah I just sat there cause I couldn't believe what I was seeing.Wow you had a wierd experience there.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by no special characters

puddles of water appearing out of nowhere is classic polt activity, aside from the well-known features of moving stuff around, stuff disappearing, banging and knocking etc - they are also known to start fires

not sure about the OP's case though

peace

J

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Very similar to an experience I had, but I only got a glimpse of something. The cat freaked out and I hauled butt to get my gun. There was something at the end of the hallway coming my way, but I didn't slow down till I had pistol in hand. By the time I went looking it was gone, and all the windows and doors were still secured. Hasn't happened since but it still creeps me out sometimes when the cats start acting odd.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

First of all, S&F.

Second, is it a possibility that there used to be a door where the spot on the wall was that the cats used to stare at? The reason I ask is, you said the head appeared first and then the rest of the shadow. Did it appear that it was maybe coming up a set of stairs that used to be there and then out into the hallway or like the head appeared lower on the wall and then higher when the entire shadow stepped out? Or did it literally look like it just stepped out of the wall, with the head being at the same level the whole time? I know you didn't mention a basement or cellar or anything, but that was the first thing that popped into my head. The reason I ask is, if there used to be a door there, or a cellar/basement, it's possible that one of the former occupants of the house just decided to stick around after he/she passed away. If so, it may have just been walking through one door and then into the other as it did in real life. If not, I'm not really sure. It does sound like an intelligent haunting, since it was able to look at you and especially since it was able to move things.

I think it's just a former resident who didn't want to move on along after death. Sounds like someone took great care in building the house originally, since it sounds as if it was built strong and reinforced. If the "ghost" was the original owner or builder of the house, maybe he really took pride in the place and just didn't want to leave it and WANTED you to know, lol.

I've been doing paranormal investigations for a few years and I can't say that I've ever experienced what someone would call a portal or a vortex, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. I think it's more likely that someone just didn't want to leave.

Thanks for sharing this with us! Was an excellent read.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

It's good to know we can always count on our pets to let us know we are not actually going insane and seeing things. But at the same time I'm also annoyed at the little bastards for letting know things are as horribly strange as they are.

Once I saw something, I was about to dismiss it as just me seeing things when suddenly my cat let me know full well that uhh no..SOMETHING WAS THERE! Damn.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is what you do sit at the table and with piece of paper wright out 5 question and be specific to what you want to know like.

1 Who are you and please give me your name.

2 when were you born.

3 Why are you still here.

4 What keeps you here.

5 Who are you waiting for.

At the top of the page state, This is for the owner of the house please lets talk about you, staying here.

Make sure you leave a pen of pencil beside the paper and see what happens.

This has worked before, you just need to give the entity the ability to talk back to you.

You see he or she likes playing with the cats that's why he is there just haven fun.

Who knows what will come of it.

:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I dont know if I personally would want to leave a piece of paper out for a a ghost/spirit to communicate on. It sounds too creepy to me. What if you start it up and then it never leaves and constantly wants to talk to you?

The place where I work is haunted, all of my co workers and the owners have had some type of experience with it. It will tug your hair and when you turn around nobody is behind you. Or it will pinch your bottom... dont laugh I know it sounds silly. Doors open and close. One morning my co worker and I were talking to each other from across the store in between us is a kitchen area and a fridge. (I work in an old timey convenience store with a deli right in the middle of it) There is a metal mixing bowl on top of the fridge that we store spoons and other kitchen implements in. As we were talking the bowl levitated about a foot into the air went forward about another foot and crashed to the floor. We stopped talking in mid sentence and just stood there staring at the bowl.. after it crashed we were well flabbergasted. Several other things have happened there but this one is 100% since I wasnt the only one who saw it happen and I know for a fact it wasn't imagining things.

What ever or who ever it is is certainly trying to draw attention to itself.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

There is very little chance that there was a door there,no basement only a crawl space I could barely fit into.I was much skinner then.This area was in a newer part of the house and was an addon to the main house.The figure sort of came straight out of the wall almost at an angle so when fully out it seemed to be standing.There were visible legs but it was indistinct where it met the floor as in no defined feet.It seemed to move as if it was walking like a human.
I guess I should mention I no longer live there."my ex got the house"

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This is Fascinating indeed. The fact that you said you had Things going missing makes me lean towards malicious spirit activity, That and that fact that your animals were terrified.

Funny your friend would bring up dimensional beings.. As some times people associate shadow entity's with Time travel, And Dimensional travel often nicknamed "Jumpers" or "quantum leapers". But i don't think that is the case here.

And you also said you saw it pass by and noticed thick black smoke if this was a "jumper" you wouldn't have noticed a thing about it not even have been able to make out a shape...The Jumper phenomenon is linked with seeing a glimpse of something out of the corner of your eye.. Dark thick smoke is often associated with malicious spirit activity..
edit on 9-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

This link pretty much explains the science behind "quantum leapers"
edit on 9-2-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Did it make eye contact with you, or notice you were there?

It doesn't seem to be harmful, does it?

I think you are lucky to have experienced such a thing.

eta: I just saw your post where you said it looked right at you. Did it react to you? Did it seem surprised or show any emotion at your seeing "it" ?
edit on 2/9/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join