It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers may be able to search parents cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Teachers may be able to search parents cars

www.abc.net.au

School principals and teachers in Victoria may be given the power to search parents' cars if the State Government changes school safety laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline
edit on 2/9/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is just not right.Teachers have better things to do,if a principal is so concerned about the welfare of a child then why not call the police,its their job.
Victoria is a police nanny state.
What would you do if a teacher wanted to search your car?
Students should not be traveling in private vehicles for school outings anyway!

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Yeah....they can search my car...with a fat lip!
That's just crazy.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That was my thought also,'teachers will need extra training' yep in KUNG FU

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
they can have fun searching the inside of my trunk on the way to the woods if they want to get all nosey on me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

Yeah....they can search my car...with a fat lip!
That's just crazy.

Haha, yep.

I am not an advocate of violence, but if this type of nonsense was implemented upon me I can not promise someone wouldn't be getting put to sleep in a choke-hold.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Also the ONGOING hatred you would have for the teacher, could cause a problem for as long as your child attends the school.I can see this creating more problems than solving any.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So this is in Australia?

Do they not have school busses for School outings?

If they are so strapped for money that they have to beg the parents to drive the kids to and from their activities I would guess a thank you note would be more appropriate than a search...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speculate that parents who would volunteer their time to help out the school are not the "criminal" element - usually they are not very involved in their kids’ activities.

I'd just say - well I'll provide transportation for my kid you all are on your own!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I can totally see this causing conflict between the schools and the community. No way would I ever let any teacher/principle poke their heads around in my car. That is my private property. If there really is that much of a threat, law enforcement should be involved, not school staff.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yahoo is carrying the same story from the abc,they cant wright their own decent news, i always cop heavy censorship there and they have silenced me again.
au.news.yahoo.com...

Also MODS,headline should read with 'cars' on the end,sorry dunno why it didnt paste.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

Spot on,why are they being given police powers?Mind boggles.
And yes what happened to the bus?? I too will drive my child,but no room for other children,i may get searched.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

On the serious side, it is a shame that it has got to the point where schools have to worry about weapons. Pretty soon, they will be like going into a prison....frisking the students and anyone else who goes through the doors, or a setup like the airports......just watch, it's only a matter of time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

In some of the rougher type schools they already use metal detectors,so your not far off i reckon.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

That's really a shame .....If I had young children today, I would home school them. It's so sad that our children aren't even safe at school. It used to be that school was one of the safest places other than home. Kids today have so much more stress than we did growing up!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

In some of the rougher type schools they already use metal detectors,so your not far off i reckon.

I had the unfortunate happenstance to get wounded in Afghanistan and while undergoing recovery and therapy at Walter Reed I was assigned the light duty of recruiting.

I saw schools in the DC area and in Baltimore that not only had metal detectors but no backpacks were allowed, there were armed security in the halls, and even then there were police dispatched regularly to the school for criminal activity. The kids were total thugs - disorder in the halls between periods would be an understatement. It was more like a scene from a rap video total chaos.

I would never send my kid to one of those schools - it would suck verily to be in the position to not be able to make that statement.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Also the ONGOING hatred you would have for the teacher, could cause a problem for as long as your child attends the school.I can see this creating more problems than solving any.

Yes for about 10 secs, Just long enough to grab my kids and head out to start home schooling them or put them into another school!

I realize many parents do not have the choice of homeschooling however a bunch of parents can always get together as the church up the street did and come up with a way to do home schooling.

With this as a threat I would certainly be talking one on one to other parents to see if we could come up with as alternate to the public school system. Another neighbor just started a Montessori school.

So quit whining and figure out a solution!

Even the THREAT of a mass exodus of students will strike fear in a public school because they get funding based on nose count.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Lots of people home school here,we are fortunate that we have a nice school only few mins drive,but others live too far away,and yes parents get together.
This is being proposed in paliment this week,has not been passed yet,if it does pass iam sure you will hear a bit more of a winge!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So on top of teaching lessons, keeping up with the curriculum, grading papers and tests, writing report cards and attending school functions, teachers will now have to be trained to search vehicles?

Leave cop stuff to... well... you know... cops? Just a thought.

Soon enough, you'll go to a prison institution to get an education while schools are turned into a police state.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

You see here is a need for control buy the sounds of it,teens out of control,that is full on.
So even in this extream case do the teachers search parents cars? I would say no,the police or security would.
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Yes,like they dont have enough to do,iam sure most teachers will not be up for it,i will ask some this morning.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join