It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teachers may be able to search parents cars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Don't get mad.... Set Rat traps under all the seats and in every hidden corner.. A real deal rat trap will stop that teacher in his/her tracks..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

Teachers may be able to search parents

www.abc.net.au

School principals and teachers in Victoria may be given the power to search parents' cars if the State Government changes school safety laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Parents may be able to kick principals and teacher's asses as well. I hope they have really good health insurance.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'd like to see them try it! It would be a rude awakening on that day!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Everybody talked to in the article seems opposed to it except the man who proposed it, Education Minister Dixon. How much power does he have? Can he ram the bill through? What are the political realities surrounding the vote? Is this bill a non-starter?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Well theres the first problem, Minister......can't get any worse than that

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

"If, for example, a parent's car was being used for an excursion and a principal had a reasonable belief there might be a hidden weapon or a dangerous item in that car that would put the students in that car at danger, then the principal has got the right, therefore, and the back-up to search that car for that weapon," he said.

www.abc.net.au...

Has there ever been a case where any student has been injured by a hidden weapon or dangerous item concealed in mum or dad's two tonne weapon while in the process of transporting Johnie and his posse with their cricket bats and padded protection to their arch rival's sporting ground?

I suspect not.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Not a chance in hell this would happen. If a teacher ever tried to search my vehicle without my consent or a police officer present with a warrant, I would punch him in the face with the constitution. This would be in direct violation of your rights as an American.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilDog0311

Punch him in the face with the constitution, I got a good laugh outta that one, nice. Just to be clear though, I think this is happening somewhere in Australia, not America. Still, everyone needs the occasional punch in the face regardless of their country of origin, and these clowns at the school are up there on the list.

Imagine picking your kid up from school and then some guy in corduroys and a sweater vest walks up to the car with him and says "Hello Mr. Smith, I'm your sons teacher, mind if I search your car?". That would be too funny.

If teachers have the right to search cars on school property, what's next, getting a cavity search at the Burger King drive-thru?

edit on 9-2-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Dixon is a Moron, just another poli driving a hidden agenda as i too wonder where this will lead.
Teachers at our school are opposed to the idea,my wife is going to bring it up at school council meeting.
Going to look more into Dixon.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I find this interesting.Wiki says under education Dixon used to be a principal.His Education did not come from the public system,private.I wonder if he's got a few mates in the system that want a bit more power to deal with certain issues.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ack... Choked on my tea laughing.. Think theyve all gone totally bonkers there in the west... And they still think they live in "civilised" countries where people get groped to fly, police / government monitoring every aspect of their lives, metal detectors in schools and now teachers searching parents vehicles... Guess in time western countries will wipe their peoples arses for them to as they apparently think their people are too stupid to do anything without government control... Life must be good under big brothers eye lah ...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is how these authoritarians in the public school system have been for decades.. It is how they empower themselves.. They create the image of this being a situational crisis, and they want the power to deal with it...

This helps promote further funding or support by other club players to keep the issue alive... Just like the tiny little toy rifle that they called "bringing a weapon to school" All of these nonsense things have helped grow government in some ways, enabled many to get cushy jobs, enabled lobbying for bigger, fatter bond levies to deal with the need for more infrastructure, administrators, etc.. And this all driven behind the scenes by the teacher's unions which are fully blown left wing liberal machines.. Those are the real conspirators behind this growing monster that just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger.... a huge stain on America is what it truly is..

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If someone tried to access my locked car(ie private property) they will be shot, just like any criminal breaking into any of my things. It doesn't matter what anyone believes, without proof of a crime they've no right to search ones property.
edit on 2/9/2011 by LordBaskettIV because: spello

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The Government says it is part of a crackdown on weapons in schools...

And will they be providing us with their definition of "weapon"?

Tyre lever? Steering lock? Ball point pen?

The thing that makes something a weapon is the manner in which it is used. If they don't take this into consideration, your toolbox could be full of "weapons".

If they bring this in, I say stuff 'em. Tell them to dig into their budget and buy a bus. That's what you get for being disrespectful to people who are offering their transport to try and help them out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join