It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama some love, his admin is quietly doing its job, fighting illegal immigration and corruptio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Oh Janky, do NOT use the Howard Dean component of attempting to define my beliefs, that is PURE BS.

Jan Brewer and others in AZ believe in one thing and one thing only, that we the people are not here to provide for the collective.

You can attempt to subvert that message all you want, but it will not work.

By the way, I yam what I yam.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Janky Red

Oh Janky, do NOT use the Howard Dean component of attempting to define my beliefs, that is PURE BS.

Jan Brewer and others in AZ believe in one thing and one thing only, that we the people are not here to provide for the collective.

You can attempt to subvert that message all you want, but it will not work.

By the way, I yam what I yam.

You said it yourself, maybe you need to define to help me understand

I think Jan Brewer thinks we are here to provide for the oligarchs in hopes that they will drop shekels into her next campaign.

BTW I think OP yam what he yam - you just sit in a pile and shake yer rattle

goodnight

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I am not a fan of the whole, expand the police state mentality. I would rather see a roll back on the patriot act. As far as I am concerned, the whole concept of giving more power to the police and law enforcement over the citizens of the U.S. is a move in the wrong direction.

Go after the employers, and fine them heavily for hiring illegals. They are knowingly and willingly breaking the law for their own financial gain. This is the easiest, and least threatening solution. Eliminate the ability of illegal immigrants to obtain jobs, and the problem will go away.

At the same time, increase border patrols. If illegals can stream across our borders so easily, then those who are enemies of the U.S. can do the same.

I think Obama's current approach is the better.

edit on 9-2-2011 by poet1b because: change best to better.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I was betting on it... do you think they would allow you to arrest the lobbiest.... they would kill the patriot act and restore liberty quickly....

His approach of quiet is bad timing.... very bad timing and weak willed no response....

People are dying in the trenches from IED that should NOT be available to the insurgents...

Listen I agree with quietly accomplishing your goals... completely... but I believe in fast progress and getting things done.....

Politics is beoing played with my and my families future... That is unacceptable....

Remember Patton could have taken berlin at least a year earlier.... And obama could have ended both wars and still can before the election with a total us victory...

The hardest part of just the list I made was the education side.... This nation is being driven into the ground.... driven hard.... when the solution is right there... right there... easy fix....

As for illegal immigration....

Amnesty for all...

wait for it... wait for it...

here those arguments... remember t and c pre-response...

Did I leave a small part out...

Prove you have worked here in the US for at lease 5 to 7 years.... and welcome senior to america... Say letters from employers... or people you have worked for...

solid employment...

wait for it... wait for it...

they go to get their papers... and... ta da...

The IRS is waiting demanding the five to seven years back taxes

then they can go after the employers....

failure to pay leads to taking property and also leads to what you lied on a federal document... filing false tax returns makes more money for the federal courts....

welcome to america....

heres your vasaline..... stand in that line....

who is going to argue with the distibuting of wealth from...

tax cheating: immigrants, drug lords, sex slave traffickers, and pimps...

do it for the children... they are our future...

this was kent walls and thank you for your support (2012)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Yeah, but because you believe these things, you would never make it as a politician.

Therein lies the real rub. In this world, there is a huge gap between words and actions. It is hard to get anything going, and once it gets going, it is even harder to stop. Basically, they are rolling boulders down a hill at you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

saltheart foamfollower, It's coming to a Vote, This is another big one and I'm Certain other States will adopt this Law Once We Arizonians get it Passed!

latino.foxnews.com...
Bill Denying Birthright Citizenship in Arizona Will Come to a Vote Next Week

That's Right America, Next Week!!!!

The state's legislation would define a U.S. citizen as someone who has been naturalized, or someone born in this country who has at least one parent who has no allegiance to a foreign country.

Supporters of the idea say guaranteed citizenship results in taxpayers covering the costs of services provided to illegal immigrants and their children.

Last fall, Pearce said that the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment, which addresses citizenship, was not meant to apply to the children of people who live in the United States illegally.

“This is a battle of epic proportions,” Pearce, Republican, said at a press conference in Arizona. "We’ve allowed the hijacking of the 14th Amendment.”

Arizona, For Americans,, Call us what you want,,, We want the Laws of The United States of America,,,,, Enforced, We want a better standard of living for Americans and Legal Immigrants and our Children.

edit on 9-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Go after the employers, and fine them heavily for hiring illegals. They are knowingly and willingly breaking the law for their own financial gain. This is the easiest, and least threatening solution. Eliminate the ability of illegal immigrants to obtain jobs, and the problem will go away.

Barrie and Ronnie starring in "Road to Simpson-Mazzoli"! On the 100th anniversary of that great conservative icon's birth, how fitting to learn that President Obama is using Reagan's Immigration Reform and Control Act as it was intended.

Yep. No new law is needed, just enforcement of what's already on the books. Another reason for every American to give him some love.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just such a pitty he cant fight poverty instead.

Oh but wait, he is infact a corporate whore, bought and paid for and will more than likely spend eternity with satans little wizards ramming red hot pokers up his corrupt as # ass.

Fighting corrpution???

LOL

You mean actively targeting those who didnt bribe the right guys.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fining business owners the 30 grand it apparently takes to deport an individual would likely deter many.

Being a cynic, I can't help but think that some agencies may not care to stem the flow of illegal workers. They could suffer severe budgets cut were the problem to be nipped in the bud.. Not only are businesses enriched by those workers, many government paychecks depend on their existence as well. One continues to make money by dealing with problems, not solving them.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I have to agree, anchor baby procedure is an abuse of the 14th amendment.

I am sorry that there is such poverty in Latin America, but I have no desire to drown in a quicksand of immigration, and that is what is happening. Latin American countries keep a tight grip on immigration. How is it that Mexico can succeed at being so strict in enforcing immigration, while the U.S. can not.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I would agree, that the inflow if illegal immigrants, and the crime and drug smuggling provide a lot of law enforcement people and courts with jobs.

Going after the employers and hitting them with stiff fines will solve the problem, and we can start getting back to a system where supply and demand determines wages, not an influx of desperate immigrants fleeing an abusive government.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by allprowolfy

It's Michelle's job to give Barack his love.

It's ours as We the People to give him a swift kick in his behind when he needs it. It is our job to form a more perfect Union, insure domestic tranquility, etc etc etc...and establish the Constitution for the United States of America...not blow it off, call it old, or ignore it...and it definitely isn't Obama's job to blow it off, circumvent it, and ignore it either. The man doesn't need love. He needs to let his two daughters do his math for him. And about your serious Banker problem...don't worry. Obama has already taken care of that. He's got the printing presses rolling 24/7...and the dollar tottering on being absolutely worthless.

la2

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I totally agree, the phrase 'all style, no substance'

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yeah, Obama really is just awesome. With DHS's job escalating and backscatter vans (and scanners at airports) being used against AMERICAN CITIZENS!

Anyone have a copy of that report from last year about Obama's domestic Operation Phoenix, aimed at "quelling" dissidence?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
plunderpower

The love isn't supposed to be literal

The U.S. isn't a pure democracy, we elect representatives to carry out the powers established by the U.S. constitution.

GW, Cheney, and the repub congress are the ones who started the printing presses running 24/7 ten years ago. Obama hasn't found a way to stop them. Considering that conservatives has set things up so that the lions share of our taxes are now going to bankers in interest payments, things are probably going to have to get far worse before they get better.

Where have you been for the last 10 years?

Aquarist

See the statement above.

You people need to get off the rush, and try to reconnect with reality.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ronnie was the guy who opened the floodgate for illegal immigrants in the first place.

It is sad how easily programmed people are.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Personally, I would feel far better about our President if he would concentrate his efforts on getting our troops out of the middle east. Also Korea. This is just my personal fear of war speaking, and my concerns for the future.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am glad you posted this news. It is great to see that the government is passing on the names of people that could be tried for their part in the financial meltdow. The big fish are still swimming around, but some justice is better than no justice.

I did have to take a minute to address one statement you made.

This effort by the Obama admin could end the problem of illegal immigration. If they can not work in the U.S., then they will have no choice but to go home.

Chances are they will switch to another job with a new set of stolen/forged documets. If they don't take that route they will go "under the table." They will just work off of the books and go unreported. In worse case scenarios they will just slide in to the black markets and cartels that are allready working here. History has shown that when new "immigrants" are denied the right to work they turn to criminal enterprise.

I agree that rooting them out where they work is a great step. The administration needs to follow up by deporting everyone of the illegal workers that were working for Chipoltle. They also need to fine Chipoltle so much that it becomes a disincentive to do it again. Other wise they are just working in half measures.

Now it is time to move the border patrol back to the actual border. Then we can actually let them engage drug traffickers and coyotes. Then we can really start disuading the flow. Right now a few sherrif's departments are carrying the bulk of the burden against paramilitary cartels.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join