It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Obama some love, his admin is quietly doing its job, fighting illegal immigration and corruptio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The job the GW admin failed to do.

I found a few new stories lately that have given me a reason to cheer on the Obama admin, which I have been very unhappy with since he cut the deal with repubs that allowed the super rich to keep their tax cuts. Talk about throwing down the right bower at the wrong time.

This story on Chipolte shows that the Obama admin is taking their duty and responsibilities seriously, and they should get some love for their efforts.

news.yahoo.com...

This is exactly what needs to be done.

Gone are the days of big raids that snared large numbers of workers, mostly from Mexico and Central America. Under Obama, immigration enforcement agents are cracking down on employers with so-called "I-9 audits" -- I-9 being the employment eligibility verification form.

Chipotle believes it has not been singled out.

[Related: Calif. spends $21B n undocumented immigrants]

"ICE has vowed to increase pressure on employers to avoid employing undocumented workers ... We are one of a large and growing number of companies to go through this process," Moran told Reuters by e-mail.

In addition to this, the Obama admin is going after the Wall Street crooks who crashed our economy.

news.firedoglake.com...

Shahien Nasiripour reports that the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission will forward multiple individuals responsible for the financial meltdown to state and local authorities for potential criminal prosecution, in accord with the imminent release of their report. If we wanted to understand why Republicans on the commission suddenly begged off the report a month or so ago, this could be the reason.

As Shahien notes, this is a multi-stage process. The FCIC simply has the authority to refer recommendations for prosecution, along with the relevant evidence. They can’t make a citizen’s arrest here. So it’s up to the Justice Department or the state Attorneys General in question – and this would almost certainly fall to the new Attorney General of New York, the very progressive Eric Schneiderman – to pick up from where the FCIC leaves off.

Many have found themselves disappointed in the FCIC’s work to this point, be it their inability to gain headlines, their inability to issue subpoenas without bipartisan cooperation, or even the commission’s personnel. But lest we forget that the FCIC uncovered, virtually by itself, the enormous mortgage bond scandal, based on testimony they gathered from Clayton Holdings in October. William D. Cohan said at the time that this strong, if pulled properly, could lead to justice:

As for the report itself, the Democratic version promises to be extremely satisfying to those who recognize quickly that corporate greed, deregulation and a financial industry determined to sidestep oversight entirely with the shadow banking system caused the crisis. One official told Reuters that Commission Chair Phil Angelides subscribed to the “vampire squid” view of the crisis, recalling the famous turn of phrase Matt Taibbi used to describe Goldman Sachs.

Of course republican congressional reps are already working hard to cover the behinds of their banking overlords.

Of course, repubs are also against rebuilding our nations infrastructure, which is exactly what needs to be done at this time. Spending on WW II brought us out of the Great Depression. Spending on a better goal, rebuilding our nations infrastructure, is exactly what we need now to pull us out of the current depression.

I am all for a high speed electrical powered rail/automobile hybrid system for inner city travel, where people can drive their cars up onto an independent electrical powered rail car, enter their destination, and quickly travel to their destination. Then, once they arrive, they will still have their own cars to travel around in. This would greatly decrease congestion at the airports, eliminate a great many of those horrible inspections, and greatly cut down on oil imports, which is the main reason the U.S. has a trade deficit.

edit on 8-2-2011 by poet1b because: Forgot ex for quote

edit on 8-2-2011 by poet1b because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While I don't share your enthusiasm for the 'efforts' they are making, it's important to note something in particular about the whole "Republicans" didn't play along, or the "Democrats" diligently pursued their mandate.....

The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission has issued its report on the causes of the meltdown. Only the crickets seemed interested.

Critics said the report was irrelevant because there was nothing new; it had all been said before.

While this is only one example... I'm sure you'll find many more that agree...

It is true that there are no real surprises in the report. The commission didn’t discover that the real cause of the financial market collapse was second-hand smoke, or some hiker in Brazil who accidentally startled a butterfly.

But its work is no typical, government compilation of statistics. The summary listing of the five major causes of the meltdown is a powerful, and illuminating, statement on its own, for one important, even crucial reason: We have done little, if anything, to address any of them. We are as vulnerable to a financial meltdown today as we were before Lehman Brothers, AIG, Fannie Mae, credit default swaps, bailouts and government-sponsored bankruptcy joined the vocabulary of our daily conversations.

In a matter of such a crisis and the fact that its' true 'beneficiaries' are still IN CHARGE makes me demand more than "trying" or "putting on a good show of the attempt."

Frankly, the Repubs and Dems SHARE guilt in their failure to protect the American people from economic 'terror.'

.... and like the larger-than-life Osama bin Laden, they remain free to move about the globe.

Sadly, I fully expect that even in the cases of guilt, the banking and investment cartel will remain free to 'admit no wrong-doing' and pay back .01% of their gains as a fine.

edit on 8-2-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sorry.

Not biting on this hook.

If you honestly believe that Obama is the real deal, then you are sadly misinformed...and sadly a "sheeple" and sadly...

in the wrong place.

There isn't enough time in the day to tell you why the Obama administration is failing.

If you need some clues (tell me you aren't that clueless) then go google UltraMan on the web. He has updates and true tales from a White House insider that will make your head spin.

I think you should go post at CNN, MSNBC or well, NPR.

Respectfully.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

At this point in time, I want to encourage any and all efforts to do something about the wide spread fraud that crashed our economy. Clearly, there will be no easy fix, nor will bringing those responsible to justice be an easy task.

From the reports coming out, the democrats are clearly pushing to hold people responsible for this mess, while the republicans are making every effort possible to protect the bankers. This is easy to see, and hard to deny, and not supporting these efforts in my opinion is essentially aiding and abetting the crimes.

This link was in the original article I linked to earlier.

news.yahoo.com...

The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission has failed to produce a consensus explanation of the 2007-2009 banking debacle, as it was asked to do in May 2009.

Instead, the 10-member panel has fractured along the same ideological fault lines that divide much of political Washington. Three reports will be issued by commission members on Thursday, each conforming with a familiar political slant.

The lines have been drawn, but what is each side doing?

The crisis panel's six Democrats, including Chairman Phil Angelides, will offer a report focused on the greed and power of Wall Street, a lack of effective regulation and the "shadow banking" system, said people familiar with the document.

It is well known that the banks bundled bad loans, and sold them as solid bonds, that is fraud. It is cut and dry.

What do the republicans say?

Republican commission member Peter Wallison will offer his own dissenting report that largely blames the crisis on the housing policy of "big government." This well-worn GOP view is shared by conservative foes of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the troubled giants of mortgage finance.

Big government did not tell bankers to commit fraud. If the fed gov under GW did encourage this fraud, then the individuals responsible should pay as well. This is probably what the repubs are most afraid of happening.

Then a second group of republicans plan to offer their own report.

Three other Republican commission members will offer a separate account of the crisis. People familiar with it said it will downplay the banks' culpability and clout and stress a confluence of global trends in tracing the origins of the devastating crisis that peaked in late 2008.

What ever global trends they dream up, still do not excuse fraud, and that is exactly what went on.

One thing for sure, if people don't get behind this, nothing will be done.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

So you don't care one bit about holding the bankers who committed fraud responsible for their actions?

Those are some pretty cheap excuses you are offering for being so willing to just roll over.

Actions speak louder than words, so you might want to question your source spreading the gossip. The efforts to curb illegal immigration and financial fraud are under way.

What every you choose to believe about Obama, you should applaud efforts to do these things.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Let's hope that by the time something comes of this we'll still have president who continues to pursue the people responsible for the meltdown. I applaud the second group of Republicans for coming up with something more than "big business" to blame for the crisis though.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
One thing for sure, if people don't get behind this, nothing will be done.

I think Americans of recent decades have tended to view democracy as a traditional male job. Not in the sense that we have traditionally elected (white) males for POTUS (or congress members or SCOTUS), but in the sense that traditional male work is the kind where an action is initiated that is an end to a problem, like fixing stuff. Whereas traditional female, or cyclical, work is, as the joke says, "never done". You wash clothes or dust or make bread, but the clothes immediately get dirty, dust falls anew, and bread is eaten up.

Just because one casts a vote doesn't mean "the job is done, problem solved". Far from it. Democracy requires active participation, continually putting pressure on elected leaders, for democracy, like housework, is never done. (If you have to resort to the blood of patriots, then citizens have failed democracy, just as war is said to be a failure of diplomacy.)

And don't join groups sponsored by/taken over by political parties. Instead join/support groups that will put pressure on politicians. Also, join/support grassroots, not astroturf, groups.

Bottom line, individual activism (emailing elected leaders, attending town halls/meet your leader [as in Tucson, which sadly ended in violence], can be upgraded to collective action (not to be confused with collectivism!!), joining with others, to put added pressure.

Oh, Popeye!...desert says it like Olive Oil...thanks for the thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

NO, he is NOT addressing the issue of the Criminal Invasion

The STATES and LOCAL authorities are doing it-

BUt hey, you attempt to subvert the truth!

Let us talk about the US Government SUING ARIZONA and attempting to use the UN to subvert the LAWS OF THE US. Hmmmm!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

saltheart foamfollower, YES, I'm sure we all remember the debates we had over this little article: www.cbsnews.com...
June 17, 2010 3:10 PM
Hillary Clinton Says White House Will Sue Over Arizona Immigration Law.
And here is an excerpt from that article with the decision that our Brain Dead Obama had already made:
According to President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder, the Justice Department is currently in the process of deciding whether or not to file suit over Arizona's controversial immigration law, which Mr. Obama has called "misguided" and potentially discriminatory.
According to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, however, the decision has already been made.

Now some one from Where? NPR, MSNBC or ACORN, says this poor excuse for a President is doing his job, I'll believe it when Phoenix, Arizona has a population of only nine hundred thousand, that tell you anything?

edit on 8-2-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
keep up that cheer, go hercules, go hercules
christ you kidding me! about the only thing obama has done for border items is look the other way

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Let us NOT FORGET the position that the WH has taken on NOT deporting those that have NOT "supposedly" committed any crime.

Hmmm, I thought being in the US without an authorization was a crime. Hmmm, I must be a stickler or something on the law, unlike the President that thinks law is RELATIVE!

Keep rocking the foundation guohua!

By the way-www.facebook.com...#!/GovJanBrewer

Jan Brewer ROCKS!

By the way folks, if you have NOT realized it yet, Jan Brewer and the Arizona Government is using SOVEREIGN language.

Just SOMETHING to keep in mind. Whereas................

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Troops still in Iraq and Afghanistan

yes they are inherited wars but should have been over by now...

The ones who caused the economic crash are still free...

American education system is being bypassed by all of our competitors... lowest scores

Space program's official arm is in the crapper

Billions of dollars invested in a drug war that has not stopped crap...

An EPA that cant spell environmental protection... (over half of the lakes and rivers in us you do not drink from)

NO stoppage or investigation of major corruption ( seems to operate if you look the other way it will all go away idea)

I am sure others here can add to this list... As president, these could be fixed in less then six months and showing good health signs in under a year...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Shhhhhhh, you are NOT supposed to bring up those things during the NEW session!

Just because he is doing the exact same things as Bush does NOT mean he is the man! LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

saltheart foamfollower, I Know, I Know What Obuma has done that he said he would do,,,, Here it is, Not Raise Taxes,,,, I think he Lied AGAIN!!!!!!
Obama’s Claim That He Did Not Raise Taxes Is Rejected As ‘Blatantly False’ by Taxpayer Watchdog.
Excerpt from the article: According to Americans for Tax Reform (ATR), President Obama has signed into law at least two dozen tax increases. The first one – a federal tobacco tax hike – came just 16 days into his presidency.

ATR says the $1 trillion health care overhaul alone added numerous taxes, including the individual mandate that requires most Americans to purchase health insurance or else pay a fin

Can be found here: cnsnews.com...

This is just a few,,, Obuma and his Disciples need a Realities Check!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yes they are
Didn't you read the link I provided

I admit, the states have been taking the lead, and I disagree with the law suit against Arizona, but it is a disagreement of technique, more so than intentions.

Eliminating the jobs is the best solution. This effort by the Obama admin could end the problem of illegal immigration. If they can not work in the U.S., then they will have no choice but to go home.

Here is another article which reports that Obama is actually stepping up illegal immigration deportation, and is working to stop illegal immigration.

www.google.com...

Kibble noted DHS "has engaged in record enforcement, removing more aliens in both 2009 and 2010 than in any point in the history of our country, including more than 195,000 criminal aliens last year."

Sadly I had to dig through 9 pages of google searches to find a source, that wasn't from the Huffington post. That should tell you something.

edit on 8-2-2011 by poet1b because: fix headliner

edit on 8-2-2011 by poet1b because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

This last comment by you is where I think you are wrong.

I am sure others here can add to this list... As president, these could be fixed in less then six months and showing good health signs in under a year...

None of these reforms are going to be easy. Yes, I would like to see the Obama admin doing better, but when I see action starting to build, I think it is good to give some credit, when it is due. Hopefully credit it due.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Sorry to tell you this, the federal government has a process to get rid of criminal invaders. It is SOOOO long that it is ridiculous.

It costs about 30k to get rid of illegals, time to just let the states do their job. By the way, if you want to help, send an email to the Pres stating that they should not allow any monetary deficiency to send folks along.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
Troops still in Iraq and Afghanistan

yes they are inherited wars but should have been over by now...

The ones who caused the economic crash are still free...

American education system is being bypassed by all of our competitors... lowest scores

Space program's official arm is in the crapper

Billions of dollars invested in a drug war that has not stopped crap...

An EPA that cant spell environmental protection... (over half of the lakes and rivers in us you do not drink from)

NO stoppage or investigation of major corruption ( seems to operate if you look the other way it will all go away idea)

reply to post by poet1b

Yes they can be fixed with-in that time period and quiet easily...

1) Fire the whole jcs... tolerate none the incompetence.... With proper leadership you can walk the deck in six months...

authority commander and chief...

congress bucks... order jcs to the front lines and get rid of the incompetent fools now...

They are spending money and lives with bradley results... i.e. losers the whole lot...

2)the episode of jv's conspiracy theory nd episode of nova both outlined financial groups and those leading them as responsible...

jail time and seizure of evidence under the patriot act

3)This is the tricky part but will take the longest and is the easiest to fix...

find all the American adults who cant read or pass basic test...

get their school records... arrest all their teachers, principals, and staff...

once again the patriot act... As for their union... gitmo time... for them as well... the frontlines of the next war and this nations freedom is in the class room and that is one battle you cant lose...school board resist... arrest them for aiding and abetting the fraudulent use of federal funds...

this one takes a little time to fix but it can be done... Injured us military on lld and retiring vets can be brought in to take over...

if little johnny cant read write and do math you must convict

new curriculum well my idea and I am not sharing but easy as pie..

4)bring in fighter pilot mafia to revamp NASA.. now...

Cooperation with the existing us military space command and its time we announce we have taken the high ground....

cut waste and get result along with a new expansion plan...

5) its called the Capone directive to the IRS... start collecting all the back taxes from all the drug dealers world wide... use the military to aide in collecting... Uncle Sam wants our cut now!!! (my slogan will be let me be your crook btw
)

6)Have the marshalls arrest the board of directors of all the industries and serve them nothing but the water and products made from the water they have ruined....

they do not leave protective custody till the drink and eat all of it... or admit to their crimes and cut plea deals... no lawyers and at gitmo...

7) arrest all the lobbyist and ship them to gitmo and begin waterboarding till they start naming names... make it a pay per veiw event...

Go from their...

it can be done

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
One guy had a solution-

OHHHHHH, you thought I was going to post the most recent!

NOOOOO, I am going to post this one!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by guohua

Let us NOT FORGET the position that the WH has taken on NOT deporting those that have NOT "supposedly" committed any crime.

Hmmm, I thought being in the US without an authorization was a crime. Hmmm, I must be a stickler or something on the law, unlike the President that thinks law is RELATIVE!

Keep rocking the foundation guohua!

By the way-www.facebook.com...#!/GovJanBrewer

Jan Brewer ROCKS!

By the way folks, if you have NOT realized it yet, Jan Brewer and the Arizona Government is using SOVEREIGN language.

Just SOMETHING to keep in mind. Whereas................

Jan Brewer is a crack baby on King Cobra, she is using bible belt coded English 2.0 mixed with Corporate linguistic 9.7.2

Anyways I thought you reckoned there should be no such thing as victim-less crime, just wondering how this
issue figures into your equation???

If Arizona had their way, many would support the use of authoritarian tactics to achieve their goals, sub constitutional methods. I am ALL FOR resolving immigration, but I do not support crapping on Americans
to achieve the end goal or GROWING GOVERNMENT AND ENFORCEMENT to the levels such a task would require, HAIL!!! sorry...

I think the approach of restricting employment is a reasonable idea because it goes to the very heart of the matter.

Second, if the attempt to punish some of the culprits who defrauded this nation works I will be pleased. Just the other night you agreed that this nation needs to be a nation of laws, in both cases it seems as if you are angry with any such approach, the law is being used to deal with problems. I am not holding my breath, then again I am not breaking my teeth due to my systemic anger either, not until Tart Brewer is elected POTUS and Nukes Mexico "mistaking" it for Hades, not hard to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join