It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Launches Total Media Takeover System

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Im pretty sure total media take over has been accomplished for quit some time so you meen now its official everyone do yourself a favor get rid of cable and dont watch television they dont call it the BOOB tube for nothing way more efficient then fluoridated water

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wow. I just noticed the suggestion to send text messages to all wireless phone users... Hmmmm.

I wonder if They will deduct minutes to read it. Prolly.

Also, I read a while ago that cell phones could emit signals to affect us - unsure of the veracity of that claim - and if this is true, maybe this is the means to "standardize" and synchronize the signals... Just pondering...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Isn't this whole thing just the regular old Emergency Broadcast System, just with the presidents voice? IMO your all getting worked up over nothing

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
no were no getting worked up, part of the nazi society of america, ATS will soon be banned UTUBE etc... and soon it all going to be controlled by federal government to put out it's own programe with subminimal messages for the nano bot viruses in your flu shots your going to hear constant messages from obama soon your newer tv and raido will automatically turn on and tell you how to think what to think and give your money to the government,

Welcome to nazi america, home of the zombies

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Can someone explain to me the problem in transmitting a warning to the country in case of emergency? Can you tell me how that equates to "a total media takeover"???

According to the Press Release:

The national test will help determine the reliability of the EAS system and its effectiveness in notifying the
public of emergencies and potential danger nationwide and regionally.

Can someone explain why I should be concerned? And I mean a real explanation, not a bunch of hyperbole about worshiping governments, intrusion into my life and how our freedom is in peril?

Can someone please explain in plain English?

Ahkay ( fictional account
.... you know where you hate it when the emergency broadcast system goes off for a"test" at the worst possible time; its on every channel.So a public demonstration starts at ucla or penn state. the whole country is watching their choice of 24 hours "snewz":

Northcom rolls up in force for "crowd control" with itchy motivated troops fresh from Iraq who shoot a few dozen demonstrators... beeep beep this is a message from the federal emergency management agency: the following FEMA regions have been activated: Citizens are under house arrest and will remain inside their homes until further notice." que: endless loop ofthe u.s.flag flapping in the wind to the patriotic music of the "battle hymn of the republic"...
Congress is arrested:.the joint chiefs are rounded up and held by "xe" ( blackwater contractors).Especially vocal dissidents are shot by order of the prez. by "A civilian security force just as powerful as the military".

Where do you go to get your information? If the net is controlled and the entire tv system has the stars and stripes flapping endlessly to the national anthem and martial music.
6 months later the orders are lifted: Welcome to the fundamentally changed America...

Its a freedom issue. its one more inch towards tyranny.but if you are along for the ride and subservient to whoever or whatever stands at a podium with an official looking seal on the front of it.then No, you don't need information to a make a choice about your future; its up to the nanny state.
edit on 8-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Learningman
Wow. Bad times!

imagine an orwellian state, kids growing up with seeing the president everywhr, even at shops, on huge monitors. Is that Fiction?

i doubt it
Well I guess when Our prez needs to see
His face every where and on big posters all over towns and cities,.
Then I will worry

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well articulated, 46ACE.

Some people have all the questions and few answers.

Some people will still be questioning validity while being carted off to the FEMA camp.

Some people think the FEMA camp is where you go to roast marshmallows and bob for apples.

Some people won't wake up till it is too late.

God help some people.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes and that applies to youth and children who have X-Box live and othe LIVE consoles your gamming experience will also be affected and so will the internet. Your losing your freedoms slowly, as there will be stepup's for new criteria added as the months go on!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr20121221
Yes and that applies to youth and children who have X-Box live and othe LIVE consoles your gamming experience will also be affected and so will the internet. Your losing your freedoms slowly, as there will be stepup's for new criteria added as the months go on!

You are very correct.
Control of all aspects of your life is the final goal.
My greatest immediate fear is having to listen to Obama drone on in one of his endless booring speaches

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

actually folks, some references would be helpful here ...
for starters, Carter's presidency began in 1977 not 76 ... He authored several Exec Orders regarding the communications industry ... as i am not sure to which one you specifically refer ...here's a few that may apply:
EO 12048 - International Communication Agency -> www.presidency.ucsb.edu...
EO 12148 - Federal emergency management -> www.archives.gov...
EO 12046 - Transfer of telecommunications functions -> www.archives.gov...
or maybe any one of these ... EO 10899, EO 10530, EO 12472

here's a listing of all the EOs Carter authored ... www.conservativeusa.org...
i am sure more than one applies to the current environment and the maneuvers within it.

please don't misunderstand, Clinton had plenty of his own contributions however, some clarification of the Carter orders seemed necessary.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

lol haha same here..that had me rollin lol. interuping my drooling brain entraced stare at the screen, because of the tV

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Can someone explain to me the problem in transmitting a warning to the country in case of emergency? Can you tell me how that equates to "a total media takeover"???

According to the Press Release:

The national test will help determine the reliability of the EAS system and its effectiveness in notifying the
public of emergencies and potential danger nationwide and regionally.

Can someone explain why I should be concerned? And I mean a real explanation, not a bunch of hyperbole about worshiping governments, intrusion into my life and how our freedom is in peril?

Can someone please explain in plain English?

ok try this simple english ... the EBS (Emergency Broadcast System) is already up and running, tested regularly (monthly), pre-empts all transmissions when necessary and is received by most Americans already ... why or how does this need expansion or improvement?

wouldn't better training or certifications for 911 operators be a more prudent investment and have a more substantial impact during a 'catastrophe'? Weren't the cell towers and radio and tv NON-functional during Katrina? Just how would he deliver such news in a catastrophe????
my guess is he'll be after the Ham Ops next.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

This isn't a take over, I read the news article the other day. It's a way for the president to address the nation in a time of crisis like those Emergency Public Service Announcements. Don't worry just about the fact that we are slowly easing into a "prison state" ( example: the UNOFFICIAL Michael Jackson "they don't care about us" Music Video) but also worry about the fact that he wants this done so quickly. Add it to the list of FEMA questions.

Why are they getting ready to Address us in times of emergency for?
Do they Know of something that's gonna happen that we don't?

yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFuzzMonster

...Why are they getting ready to Address us in times of emergency for?
Do they Know of something that's gonna happen that we don't?

yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if they do.

Good question.

Puppets do nothing, unless they are told to do it by their masters. Those pulling the Obama strings know why it is they wish Obama to speak personally to the folks on their TV, radio, cel phone, XBox etc. You can be assured that whatever he says it will be from a script written by TPTB, much like all his speaches read from the teleprompter.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFuzzMonster

Why are they getting ready to Address us in times of emergency for? Do they Know of something that's gonna happen that we don't?

That's the obvious question here. What do they know and we don't? What kind of emergency is not covered fast enough by the main stream media?

plans to hold the first test of a "Presidential Alert," or a broadcast warning that might be issued in the event of a serious natural disaster or terrorism threat.

Doesn't that ring a bell?
What are they preparing us for?

edit on 9-2-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by mr20121221

You are very correct.
Control of all aspects of your life is the final goal.
My greatest immediate fear is having to listen to Obama drone on in one of his endless booring speaches

X-box live and other live games are already affecting the youth, for TPTB's ends. Military games and films have been used as recruitment tools since the 80's. Top gun even had a recruitment office set up during the first few weeks of screening. All of thses films and games have a special nod, or thanks, to the DOD (also explained as thanks for reasearch). I for one do not think that a nation can be aware of the possibilities of influence in media and not use them. Next step, the Prez appearing during online games and asking for support in a tech-war. Or has that already happened too? *Thinks hackers*

Just something to think about. The implications of the increasing presence of the powers in our media WILL be devastating, for all who are to follow.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I say we all get plane tickets to D.C and protest this.

...Who's down!

.... [crickets]

If your payin

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
There is an off button on the TV.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
very strange, because we already have the Emergency broadcast system....which is constantly interrupting my trance like drooling state whilst staring at the tube

seems like it is something else all together

no, not good

It dosnt seem like just a coincidence anymore.Our goverment is preparing for something big.Their tryin to
filter our internet and putting a ban on key fundamentals that make us an American.But in truth what people arent
taking into consideration is that these people have this power because us as a whole are to afraid to man up and quit taking their comunistic #.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Learningman
Wow. Bad times!

imagine an orwellian state, kids growing up with seeing the president everywhr, even at shops, on huge monitors. Is that Fiction?

i doubt it

Now we will be forced to listen to Obama drone on and on.

And, changing the channel is not an option!

Hopefully they won't take control of your power switch, so you could still switch off the TV.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join