It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OAP tells how she foiled armed jewelry shop robbers with her handbag ( all caught on film)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

OAP tells how she foiled armed robbers with her handbag Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co .uk

An incredibly brave pensioner who used her handbag to fight off armed robbers trying to break into a jewellers has said she was shocked that no one else did the same.

The woman, who does not want to be named, fended off robbers armed with sledgehammers and her heroics were captured on video as the criminal gang tried to break into Michael Jones Jewellers in Northampton, yesterday morning.

'I was standing talking with a woman when I heard a commotion and I looked across and saw six young men on scooters,' said the pensioner.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-2-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This woman took on robbers with her HANDBAG and won. Absolutely amazing courage. Just goes to show that sometimes standing back and doing nothing is not the right thing to do. Mind you I am glad that they did not attack her could have been a whole different story. Amazing footage of the incident and full news articale here. www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co .uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Amazing. Reminds me of that old lady who beat up a robber using an Emeril Lagasse frying pan. She hit him upside the head shouting 'BAM.'

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I saw this on the news yesterday - absolutely amazing woman taking on a group armed with weapons much deadlier than a handbag.

Pretty shameful how other people only get involved once the robbers start running away though - particularly as an old lady had set the precedence of what needed to be done.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

I can totally understand why people would not want to get involved,they could be putting their lives at risk for the sake of a wealthy jewelry shop owner even the staff were hanging back. The article said they were armed, although that may just be the sledge hammers that they used to smash the glass. Its almost straight out of a Benny Hill sketch.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
nice one - you beat me too it - I was just about to post this.
fair play to the old lady, taking on 6 robbers, lucky they were chicken.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

True but, they totally should of reacted quicker when they saw her wading in swinging her bag. They only upped and ran after them once they'd started to make their escape - after the old dear had exposed them as cowards.

I guess I'm just bitter because one of the johnny-come-latelys was a traffic warden *boo* *hiss*

CX

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Apparently the elderly lady had just watched Kick Ass the night before.

What a star! What a shame also that it had to be a pensioner that had to react first. I guess it's pretty daunting going unarmed and outnumbered into an armed gang.

I hear she is now going to be patroling the streets with that gurkha who took on 40 armed robbers with his kukri.

CX.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I cannot even say how fantasticaly brave this woman was to get stuck in like that. I think the main reason the fellows on scooters didnt fight back over much was probably out of sheer shock that an old lady was beating on them with her handbag !
What amazing courage. I can only hope that people everywhere see this and take heart, and resolve to emulate this bravery should they be given the oppertunity.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
even the worst most depraved criminal will hasatate to hit his grandma .
now thats is a rare news story someone attacks a grandmother .
so yea when she went off these guys didnt have aclue as what to do next.
rob a store ok and fine hit grandma man thats trouble Much worse then jail time.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I cannot even say how fantasticaly brave this woman was to get stuck in like that. I think the main reason the fellows on scooters didnt fight back over much was probably out of sheer shock that an old lady was beating on them with her handbag !
What amazing courage. I can only hope that people everywhere see this and take heart, and resolve to emulate this bravery should they be given the oppertunity.

Yes they were all on scooters accept one who was on a high powered sports bike ( he is the first biker to kop it from super gran). As a biker I know how heavy these bikes are, he looked like a young lad and was probably very close to dropping the bike when he was hit by the old lady with her hand bag he would have been struggling to stay upright because once the bike is down they are hard to lift up again. BTW here is the video again as the first one has been taken down this one should be ok as its ITN News,

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
She must have been one of Hell's Grannies.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
while what she did was brave. you cant really say she foild it. they left because the shutters came down and the dudes that fell of the scooter went off the cerb the wrong way. im of the veiw that people shouldnt get involved in these things as a broken window is better than a broken person. got mates locked up for things like this and whilst i cant condone it i can see what drives them to do it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Too bad she was not hired to protect jewelry from Lindsey Lohan!!

top topics

join