It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Seen by Iranian Missile "Test Launch"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
This was about a year ago. There was breaking news that Iran was test firing a dummy warhead and Fox with others filmed it live. Suddenly a hole was punched in the clouds and after looking closer at the video you can see an object come in from the top right and then a hole is punched in the clouds.

Is there any rocket experts who can answer for me. Could this be a result of a shock wave or other explanable artifact from a missile launch?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If it were a shockwave, it woulda gotten there well befor the rocket, and it wouldn't have cut thru the cloud from left to right, it woulda went straight thru.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Is it a shadow from the contrail???

Do I win the prize

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
As can be seen in THIS video, something explodes from the missile, nothing comes in from the top right, put that down to poor video quality.

As for the hole, as has been said that is a shadow forming from the missile's contrail.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

We are now ruling out a shadow due to obvious observations. So now you know that its not a ahadow I am glad I could update you. Shadows generally have broad appearance and not sharp edges and defined shape.

Now you know what a shadow is.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by afaik
Is it a shadow from the contrail???

Do I win the prize

I think you get the gold star! My first reaction was that it was obviously contrail shadow.

And I can't even see the ufo?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Logic tells us that what your seeing is not a shadow. I assume you cannot see the hole punched in the cloud either.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

It's a shadow.

Watch where the sun is and watch when the shadow starts, they're parallel.

Prove me wrong.

edit on 8/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The cloud still seems full and undisturbed under the "line" which makes me think its really a shadow even though it looked like something went through the cloud it also expands at the same rate as the contrail

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure why anyone thinks it could be anything but a shadow. Looks quite obvious to me, and apparently most others.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paradigm2012
reply to post by Shamatt

Logic tells us that what your seeing is not a shadow. I assume you cannot see the hole punched in the cloud either.

Logic tells me it is a shadow. I don't understand your logic, or who the "us" is that you refer too? And your right - I can't see any hole being punched anywhere.

Watch the speed of the shadow as it crosses the cloud from right to left and compare that to the speed of the misile as it ascends. Look at the fact that no part of the cloud moves not even a tinyest little bit. If something was punching through the cloud it would cause movement. No movement = no physical interaction with the cloud = nothing doing any punching = shadow.

Sorted!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ahem,

Problem I have with the shadow theory, is that the sun is shining on the left side of the cloud (hence it's whiter on that side), not the right. So with that, there is no way it's a shadow if the rocket doesn't travel between the cloud and sun.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrnBdry

Look at the contrail. Bright on the right, dark on the left. This is becasue the sun is on the right hand side of the frame.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

Just look at it and you can tell its not a shadow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It's a shadow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

A shadow facing the sun not behind the object. Please provide evidence for your belief.

Proof how the shadow cut a hole in the clouds.

If you can't then you are in checkmate

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

A shadow facing the sun not behind the object. Please provide evidence for your belief.

That trick won't work mate.

Look at the contrail. Explain to me in detail how it is dark allong it's left edge - this can ONLY be because the sun is on the right.

Please provide proof that there is a hole cut through the cloud and that it is not just a shadow. Show me your evidence.

If you can't, then we are stalemate!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

That trick won't work mate.

Look at the contrail. Explain to me in detail how it is dark allong it's left edge - this can ONLY be because the sun is on the right.

Please provide proof that there is a hole cut through the cloud and that it is not just a shadow. Show me your evidence.

If you can't, then we are stalemate!

Observe the cloud and notice that the dummy warhead is facing in the opposite direction of the hole that you can has been punched in the cloud.

As you now observe it you can notice that there is no shadow.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Observe the cloud and notice that the dummy warhead is facing in the opposite direction of the hole that you can has been punched in the cloud.

As you now observe it you can notice that there is no shadow.

The direction the warhead is pointing is not of consequence.

Look, if something went zooming through the cloud and "cut a hole in it" it would have created a V shape as it went through the cloud. Observe the wave pattern created when you run your finger through a bowl of water. As any object travelled through the cloud it would create a distinctive v shaped wave.

And telling me to look at it again, when I have spent all this time looking at it is not going to make me see it differently. I'm getting bored. You have not given any type of explanation, or evidence, or even a reasonable argument. Just stated and restated your opinion.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It's a shadow, the believers excuses are beginning to wear thin!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join