It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Getting Their Kicks in What's Becoming More and More Common

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by Whereweheaded

As horrible as the things are. If they implement a federal police force answerable only to washington/big business then we are even more screwed.

I wonder if there isn't a concerted effort on this like there is with guns. Cry out against these abuse but beware the hidden agendas these events are used as a catalyst to promote.

abusive cop = bad
but abusive federal cops = worse!

Agreed, and if that happens they can have my badge. And while I'm at it, there is absolutely no excuse for the behavior demonstrated in these videos. Those cops need to be prosecuted...plain and simple.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seeashrink

My badge as well.. However I cant see this happening since it would be a clear violation of the Constitution and goes way beyond Federal overreaching.

Since Federal OFficers are not empowered to enfore local or State Laws, I do not see how any type of FEderal Police Agency could work without declaring MArtical Law and dissolving the States.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

My badge as well.. However I cant see this happening since it would be a clear violation of the Constitution and goes way beyond Federal overreaching.

Since Federal OFficers are not empowered to enfore local or State Laws, I do not see how any type of FEderal Police Agency could work without declaring MArtical Law and dissolving the States.

I agree with what you are saying, but it seems that the Constitution is getting over looked and schreaded on a dailey basis. It appears that everything is in place to declare martial law over the smallest event whenever it is convenient for TPTB.
Seeshrink

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

ANything is possible, but I just cant see all aspects of government and military going along with it willingly. In addition I cant ee other countries staying out of it either if States start to request assistance, and there are countries that would have no issues accomdating that request.

I dont think the Government is really that intelligent to be honest to pull something off o that magnitude.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
these cops should be incarcerated for life, deported, or worse...when you have been endowed with the power to police what is supposedly a free and great nation and you misuse it in such a manner, there is no excuse...unfortunately, nothing will happen to these fascists...and, as burntheships i believe pointed out in tying the organiztion of civilian guards to the big ambassadors meeting today, this type of jackbooted, brownshirted, armbanded fascism is here to stay and soon to massively escalate...the American people need to take action now, for everything has already been lost

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
A hard hitting video, I'm against "mass CCTV" but at least for once it seems to have worked even if the courts did try to gag it. The police have acted like criminals but on a possitive note hopefully the kid will think twice before burgaling any one in the future.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

So you are saying that it is okay for police to break the rule of law and departmental policy because a kid runs away on foot? So, the rule of law is only valid if the suspect gives up immediately?

Sorry, but these guys promise to up hold the rule of law. If they are not willing to do that, they should not have the job. The law says that if someone is not using force you can not respond with force unless they are resisting arrest. The kid was fac down on the ground and surrendering. Legally they were supposed to cuff him and take him in. Anything extra is assault by law and excessive force by policy. If a person can not live with those rules they need a different job.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yeebsy

We don't know why the video was sealed. Chances are that, since four of the officers were indicted, it was to avoid tainting the jury pool. That isn't uncommon in criminal cases.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Ironically, the kid was probably guilty of a crime or he likely would not have been running and now he will make a ton of $ from the police stupidity. And the police involved will loose their careers (or get demoted to desk jobs).
The kid was clearly prostrate (already on the ground) and had his hands behind his head. That is a pose of submission and for them to beat him when he was no threat to hurt them or flee is clearly a violation of his civil rights. I know that the kid was running initially...but as your mom told you when you were little, "two wrongs dont make a right."

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Agreed. If the police cant control their emotions (and adrenaline) and uphold the law while enforcing same then they are unfit for duty and should try something else....maybe a security monitor watching CC-TV.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
im pleasently surprised at some of the responses in this thread..

its actually reassuring hearing this from LEOs.

dont get much of that over here..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
did it ever occur to anybody that he might have been running because he knew he was going to get his @ss beat?

mistaken identity for a teenage black male in a metropoliten area is hardly unheard of.

for all we know these officers may have already had a reputation for “shooting first asking questions later”.which is not unreasonable as that is the very behavior they exhibited.

i know if it were me in that situation, and i knew they were going to mistake me for the robber, i wouldnt sit around waiting for my inevitable @ssbeating, i would at least try to get away unscathed.

telling the cops who are convinced your the perp anything is a lost cause, as it still takes an @ssbeating just to prove your identity.

heavon forbid you attempt to pull out your wallet yourself. it could get you shot.

either way you have to take an @ss beating. guilty or innocent.

at least from these cops.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

This video shows Kelowna, BC, police stopping a truck then punt kicking the man on the head while he is on his knees. Kind of funny, not, when the female officer realizes the man is out cold and bleeding all over the sidewalk.
Police horror stories are turning up in virtually every Canadian city. But please keep in mind; all police are angels, except when a camera is rolling

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Not that I needed another reason to say "F * * K the police!" If you are a cop and you are reading this, do us all a favor and shoot yourself with your own taser. in the face. please. you suck. ALL cops suck. The type of person who signs up for a badge and a gun and goes out to bully the masses is one sick puppy. Even if they seem all right, every single cop will have a moment like this, even if its verbal or non-violent. They will always let the power and status and pomp and circumstance go to their heads. a dozen cop cars, a taser and six or seven cops surround the kid. He's on the ground, not moving ONE muscle, and the cops give him a beating worthy of an inner city gang initiation. I'm not saying i think the kid was innocent or anything, but they HAD HIM dead to rights. He was obviously running away, but did they really need to "get even" or "teach him a lesson?" Cops DO NOT keep us safe. They enforce laws after the fact with no knowledge of the true circumstances of an event. We act like it's a perfect system and cops are all great people. They're just like us; flawed, angry and stupid. Why do we continue to give one rabid dog power over the rest of the kennel.
ANARCHY IS THE ANSWER.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

Not that I needed another reason to say "F * * K the police!" If you are a cop and you are reading this, do us all a favor and shoot yourself with your own taser. in the face. please. you suck. ALL cops suck. The type of person who signs up for a badge and a gun and goes out to bully the masses is one sick puppy. Even if they seem all right, every single cop will have a moment like this, even if its verbal or non-violent. They will always let the power and status and pomp and circumstance go to their heads. a dozen cop cars, a taser and six or seven cops surround the kid. He's on the ground, not moving ONE muscle, and the cops give him a beating worthy of an inner city gang initiation. I'm not saying i think the kid was innocent or anything, but they HAD HIM dead to rights. He was obviously running away, but did they really need to "get even" or "teach him a lesson?" Cops DO NOT keep us safe. They enforce laws after the fact with no knowledge of the true circumstances of an event. We act like it's a perfect system and cops are all great people. They're just like us; flawed, angry and stupid. Why do we continue to give one rabid dog power over the rest of the kennel.
ANARCHY IS THE ANSWER.

Anarchy is the answer??? There needs to be kiddie section on ATS where all the 12 and under kids can go and play. Thats exactly how you sound kid. Have you ever heard the statement; "general statements aren't worth a damn, including this one". Thats what your post is based on, just a generalization of everyone and everything.
I said it once and I will say it again: Not all effeminate men are gay, not all masculine women are gay, not all orientals know karate, not all afro americans like watermelon, not all italians are mafia, and not ALL cops are bad.
So, next time you need help.....call a crack whore.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Just as an update...

4 indicted HPD officers turn themselves in, post bond

Officers Andrew Blomberg, Phillip Bryan, Raad M. Hassan and Drew Ryser were fired after the indictments were handed down. All four men were charged with official oppression, and Bryan and Hassan were also charged with violating the civil rights of a prisoner.

So the wheels of justice are turning however slowly.

I think that the officers involved should be charged with assault. They did lose their jobs and I doubt that any other police department will hire them. Think of the liability.

Video cameras are coming in very handy for situations like this.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

This is good news. I hope that they are put under the jail. They will not be able to work elsewhere because their certifications will be pulled by the state.
Seeashrink

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have a question? As far as I can see in that video, the police used deadly force to apprehend this culprit first. They ran him down with the cruiser and hit him with it and it's apparent that it was not by accident. An automobile used in such a manner by any other citizen would be cause to be arrested for attempted murder! Why are the cops getting a pass on their illegal use of a cruiser?

Zindo
edit on 2/8/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I have a question? As far as I can see in that video, the police used deadly force to apprehend this culprit first. They ran him down with the cruiser and hit him with it and it's apparent that it was not by accident. An automobile used in such a manner by any other citizen would be cause to be arrested for attempted murder! Why are the cops getting a pass on their illegal use of a cruiser?

Zindo
edit on 2/8/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

Not quite.. As I have said in other threads, the ability of the Police to use procedures not available to others is a problematic misconception by civilians. Civilians are not empowered to initiate a lawful pursuit of a criminal, nor are they allowed to use deadly force with the exception of self defense or defense of others and only as a last resort.

Law Enforcement is empowered to take "offensive action" in an effort to apprehend. The person was not run down by the patrol car. The patrol car was used in an effort to stop the suspect who was fleeing the area, and the manner the vehicle was used in is in complaince with established standards and case law, just as using a patrol vehicle to "pit" another vehicle.

When people see situations like this, the first thought process is the cops are breaking the law (I am not referring to the beatdown in the video - That was BS and the cops should be charged). The problem with that thought process is its based on whats allowed by a civilian and not law enforcement.

We operate under a different standard estbalished by the courts so we can do our job. If a civilian witnesses a crime, and confronts the suspect and tells them to stop, and the suspect refuses, there is no law violation whereas if an officer orders the person to stop and they refuse, it is a law violation.

Its difficult to explain adequately how this works in text form, but I can try if people are intrested. I just dont want it to devolve into a cop bashing thread.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

ANARCHY IS THE ANSWER.

This is the kind of things an agent provacateur would say to incite a riot , Violence is never the answer , it is the excuse tptb are WAITING for to justify martial law .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join