It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Getting Their Kicks in What's Becoming More and More Common

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Cops Getting Their Kicks in What's Becoming More and More Common

www.infowars.com

And what’s also becoming more and more common is the minimal charges that were filed against the thugs cops.
Sit back and be horrified.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
You gotta see this video! I've been saying this all along about the LEA's of our country going way beyond what they swore to protect! Hows this for protecting the Constitution?!
Now before I have these trolls trying to state " well we don't know what happened" or " he may have killed someone" , BS, the fact still remains that we have a little something called " due process"! Check out the link and watch this!!!

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-2-2011 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

Bulls On Parade!!
Although these actions could be considered the minority amongst all police organizations, I am willing to bet that within EVERY district, there are a few to several with these personality types, so filled with rage they are unable to control themselves. This looks like a hate crime to me. Even though we don't have all the facts, nothing short of trying to hurt/kill an officer would ever warrant this kind of beating, and so far, a threat against officers has not been mentioned. I think an effort should be made by the departments to have MANDATORY cameras on every stop, inquiry and citation.

spec

ETA: Just found some more reporting on the incident and it looks like the courts had sealed this vid from public, but a bystander caught it on vid. Yea, I bet they wanted to seal this one!

edit on 7-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Like I was saying....no matter what this suspect did to provoke the officers, the FACT still remains that the whole purpose for the judicial system is for due process. For the guilty or not guilty to plead their case. In this situation, the very LEO's who swore to protect the Constitution and the citizenry went well beyond the " call of duty " and put this beat down on this suspect, regardless of what happened or the lack thereof.

And they wonder why the public has gotten fed up with the LEA's of this country...this being a perfect example~

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
George Orwell once said, "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face -- forever."
It's beginning to look like we've arrived at the future.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I've come out on both sides in these topics. So, people should know from the word go that I usually don't rush in to these types of topics.

From the video presented it looks like the cops are guilty of assault and battery. Sorry, the kid was laying on the ground motionless. If a person is not an imediate threat you are not allowed to use force. SInce he was on the ground and handcuffed he was no threat.

Every one of those cops needs to spend the next six months in jail. Any cop on the scene that did not attempt to stop the beating needs accessory charges filed against them. Let's charge all of thm with a violent misdemeanor and something that can be punished by two years in jail. That will revoke their eligibility to carry a firearm. Then we could make sure they were no longer able to pursue careers abusing the public and the public trust.

The good news is that several of them were fired, and more suspended. I think they all should be fired, but at least the thing wasn't completely swept away.
edit on 7-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

As horrible as the things are. If they implement a federal police force answerable only to washington/big business then we are even more screwed.

I wonder if there isn't a concerted effort on this like there is with guns. Cry out against these abuse but beware the hidden agendas these events are used as a catalyst to promote.

abusive cop = bad
but abusive federal cops = worse!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was driving with my dad the other day and I said "watch out, theres a cop on the corner"... he said "why are you always worried about cops?"... I said to him "dad, I can walk down the worst parts of the city, and not feel afraid, but anytime I come near a cop, it sends shivers down my spine knowing that at any moment, he can do whatever he wants to me, and more than likely get away with it just cause he has a gold star on his shirt".
He had nothing to say after that.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze

As horrible as the things are. If they implement a federal police force answerable only to washington/big business then we are even more screwed.

I wonder if there isn't a concerted effort on this like there is with guns. Cry out against these abuse but beware the hidden agendas these events are used as a catalyst to promote.

abusive cop = bad
but abusive federal cops = worse!

I couldn't agree with you more.
What the wolves are out doing while sleeping dogs are left laying...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
i guess the kid should consider himself lucky.

same thing happened where i live, but the kid was shot.

(RIP Oscar grant)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If you are looking to talk about just the video incident, there is already a thread here:

ATS - Video showing Houston Police Misconduct

If you are wanting a new thread to discuss the overall larger issue at hand, then my bad.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

S & F brother.

Listen, even though i post up a ton of post up a ton of potential corruption and brutality cases, I usually try and remain balanced on the issue and give authorities the benefit of the doubt. In fact, I skip by a lot of potential clips BECAUSE I realize there could well be extenuating circumstances.

That being said, when I see stuff like this, and clips of a cop football punting a suspect in the face who is down on his hands and knees surrendering, or punching a middle-aged woman multiple times in the face, that type of stuff sticks in my craw. No matter the circumstance, LE is trained to remain professional, under control, and not be the judge, jury, and executioner, and just go insane on a suspect because they lost their temper.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

WTF?!?!!? alien looking washing machine with a sixth sense for all your washing needs?!?!!?
oh its an ad: ahhh I've seen this video before

to get back on topic
here is a very relevant quote from Arthur Silbers blog, [though he's talking about war criminals, but you & DD know of my theory of why this is on the rise]

powerofnarrative.blogspot.com... x.html

The law is not some Platonic Form plucked from the skies by the Pure in Heart. Laws are written by men, men who have particular interests, particular constituencies, particular donors, and particular friends. (The same is now true of women as well, of course. But for most of our history, it was men and only men. Straight, white men, to be precise; see here and here.) Laws are the particular means by which the state implements and executes its vast powers. When an increasingly authoritarian state passes a certain critical point in its development, the law is no longer the protector of individual rights and individual liberty. The law becomes the weapon of the state itself -- to protect, not you, but the state from threats to its own powers. We passed that critical point some decades ago. The law is the means by which the state corrals its subjects, keeps them under control, and forbids them from acting in ways that the overlords might perceive as threatening. In brief, today, in these glorious United States, the law is not your friend.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think the morons who get beaten bring it on themselves. How often does this happen to someone who gives up peacefully and cooperates with police? The idiots who run, and endanger the lives of other people and the police themselves are begging for this. They should consider themselves lucky they weren't shot. The old adage "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" applies here.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

let's hope he was illuminated then and there, and didn't just decide to ignore the family CT

good presentation

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

I don't know why, but i get the feeling that the following may change your tune a bit

POLICE BRUTALITY - Iraq Veteran Gets Tasered & Beat Down @ Airport

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
I think the morons who get beaten bring it on themselves. How often does this happen to someone who gives up peacefully and cooperates with police? The idiots who run, and endanger the lives of other people and the police themselves are begging for this. They should consider themselves lucky they weren't shot. The old adage "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime" applies here.

Ya know it used to be that when you were arrested a cop had to tell you what the probable cause was and the charge they were pressing against you for arrest. Not anymore.Asking a cop why your being arrested seems to piss them off like it's none of your business why your being cuffed and thrown in the back of a cruiser. Keep asking and they get upset and 'HUMBLE' (read beat the living sh*t out of you) for insinuating that you have the temerity to question their power. Whole sale beating by sworn officers happens one whole hell of lot more than you think! It's not just in the US either!

Zindo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf

Its not what we are... We are not the judge or jury. Granted the kid ran and placed everyone in danger. Whats the point in being a cop though when in the end we disregard what we are suppose to be and stand for and to take anger / revenge out on a person who surrendered?

I am not saying they get handled with kid gloves, but the behavior in this video far exceedes what we are suppose to be.

Its a disgrace to the badge and my profession.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Hardly.. We are still required to explain to people why they are being detained and what they are being arrested for and charged with. That is done when the situation has stablized and everyone is safe. Whether or not the person being arrested and charged agrees with whats going on is another story, and in most cases this is where we run into the I was arrested and never told why BS.

We are required to either issue a citation for misdameanor offense, or we can make an arrest and submit a pc statment to the PA's office. The notion we dont tell people why they are being arrested is a fallacy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
In the near future, those cops will eventually receive their karma, what goes around will come around .... when that time do come.....I hope some pro-cop ATS members will not b@#$h about it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join