It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists fear MMR link to autism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I posted a study on the topic for her. You can read that one if you are interested. Im surprised you havent seen at least the stuff about women preferring different types of men at different points in their cycle. Thats been around for a while.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

www.sciencedaily.com...

might be a start?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
How do they know that the males are 'too genetically similar' - have DNA tests been done? Do you have a study/studies that genetically tested such women and their 'similar' mates as a way of proving they are genetically similar?

Originally posted by Aeons

I would also like to point out that hormonal birth control may be contributing to the problem. It changes the men that women are attracted to - to men who are more like them. More children being born to women whose natural instincts are being compromised from 13 on. Those women are choosing mates whom are too genetically similar to them. A factor which is more common in the exact same regions where autism reports are more common, over a period of time which corresponds with a large section of the population being on this medication for most of their fertile life.

edit on 2011/2/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Someone else just did post a link. You need more? How many more?

As to the murder of pregnant women part - you don't know this? What hole to you live in?

Homicide was found to be the leading cause of death for pregnant women in Maryland, according to a March 2001 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. To quote, " "a pregnant or recently pregnant woman is more likely to be a victim of homicide than to die of any other cause."

This one of many studies done in the last 10 years on this subject, many of them done by the justice system. Murder by one's partner is the top killer of pregnant women outranking all the medical causes. Which is impresive, since we are the highest mortality for medical causes in the animal kingdom. Short of the non-plant life who eat their way out of their maternal incubator, and the insects that chew their mates heads off....we're the reigning champ of dying for child birth.

And that's the stats for the ones that die. The stats for women's partners becoming physically violent during pregnancy are just starting to be studied, but the evidence can be found at any women's shelter. Walk in, and find out how many of those women are pregnant when they get there, or just had a baby. The percentages are hard to ignore.

Enough that it is costing the governments money to care for the babies and women being abused often enough to be a governmental issue.

www.phac-aspc.gc.ca...
www.cmaj.ca...

I find it amazing that you don't know this stuff. Really. People who pretend to be educated, but are completely abstracted from the real world are truly concerning.

I guess I'll see if I can find some links for you. "Sciency."
I read studies and magazines on these subjects out of general interest, not for my personal PhD. I guess that many scientists tend to be detailed oriented and not 30,000 foot people. I suppose I shouldn't find it odd that you can't see the forest for the trees.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelfrede
How do they know that the males are 'too genetically similar' - have DNA tests been done? Do you have a study/studies that genetically tested such women and their 'similar' mates as a way of proving they are genetically similar?

I would also like to point out that hormonal birth control may be contributing to the problem. It changes the men that women are attracted to - to men who are more like them. More children being born to women whose natural instincts are being compromised from 13 on. Those women are choosing mates whom are too genetically similar to them. A factor which is more common in the exact same regions where autism reports are more common, over a period of time which corresponds with a large section of the population being on this medication for most of their fertile life.

edit on 2011/2/7 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

I did read one on that exact subject. OH....7 years ago? I know at least one study exists.

I'll poke around, maybe I'll run into it again.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh look - some smarty PhD did do a study on it.

Does the contraceptive pill alter mate choice in humans?

Here's a more narrative version about MHC correlation.

The Pill Makes Women Pick Bad Mates
edit on 2011/2/8 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

while i'm npt saying wakefield ir right,,,,, although wake forest seems to agree with him,, with new proof

if you read the backstory of the guy who tried to expose him,,,,, who paid him,,, the timing of statements and timelines that conflict,,,,,,,, that reporter had an agenda paid for by others,,,,, had info supplied and reached preplanned conclusions

it seems we may have 2 agenda's going on

but,, what bothers me worse is that big pharma is using a pr campaigns to discredit,,,, and can easily do it,,, if they don't like conclusions from independent researchers

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Completely off topic note -
Oh, for anyone who has followed some of my other posts about run-ins with people who are later arrested for being killers, stalkers, rapists and how it is that if I catch their attention I somehow am the person who gets away when others don't. If you're a criminologist or scientist in these fields I can give you an interest field to look into. I've only taken bcp for a brief period of time. I - like most of my family - react badly to them and when I don't they don't work anyways.

When these guys get within 3 to 5 feet of me, and they take notice of me and start to form intent....their smell changes. When a man who is acting off gets near me and his smell rapidly changes, I move away without fear so as not to provoke him. But I move immediately. This is not a characteristic I generally pay attention to, but when it suddenly rapidly changes in my environment, it is noticeable.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

If you'll read your own sources, Aeons, as well as those posted by another person above, you'll see that not a single one of your points is validated in the research. The only "likeness" women tend to lean toward (and even then, the data wasn't strong enough to be considered statistically significant) were MHC complexes, which comprise less than two dozen genes in the entire human genome.

Do you honestly think looking for similar MHC complexes is the same as saying "women look for people that are just like them and their family"?

Seriously?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

When these guys get within 3 to 5 feet of me, and they take notice of me and start to form intent....their smell changes. When a man who is acting off gets near me and his smell rapidly changes, I move away without fear so as not to provoke him. But I move immediately. This is not a characteristic I generally pay attention to, but when it suddenly rapidly changes in my environment, it is noticeable.

Olfactory hallucinations are a symptom of many psychiatric disorders. I would be cautious about discussing people's "smell changing" in public, lest you want others to think you have other issues beyond men hitting on you.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Olfactory hallucinations are a symptom of many psychiatric disorders. I would be cautious about discussing people's "smell changing" in public, lest you want others to think you have other issues beyond men hitting on you.

Oaf-factory Hallucinations? Oi.

You think that creepy men are like smelling burning toast before an seizure? :lol

Yes, an immunilogical difference (where one that is closer to you is more alike to you and your family) with a disorder which may have triggers in an immunilogical response during a critical brain development period is completely possible.

The BCP hormonal issue is linked to MHC and to physical facial features. You have two notable impacts on mate selection, and a known sociological phenomena. Try some mental triangulation.

I'd suggest that you've been given an excellent starting point for looking into this. I know that being a big snot is WAY easier, but apply yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It occurs to me that you demand much, and throw around your own assumptions quite freely.

I'm available for both mental and genetic analysis for you to prove your contention that I'm hallucinating.

Why not ante up with your own proof my dear?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join