It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crystal Skull

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Let's try to figure these things out instead of asserting they may be hoaxed just because we don't know how they did it. There are a lot of anomalous things out there that we can't understand, but don't think just because we have computers and a space shuttle that some time long ago there didn't exist a civilization or civilizations which developed a defferent KIND of technology not based on alternating current and the steam engine.

This is what we have to think about in order recreate some of these things- we have to think outside of the rigid paradigms we are currently bound by. It can be as simple as not finding something because you don't believe it exists- we don't know the nature of space-time, so closing off possibilities might very well close off realities , and you'll never "get it".

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by BlackBox20]

[Edited on 1-4-2003 by BlackBox20]

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Blackbox-
I really like your reply. I think that an alternate natural science is the answer to many of the great mysteries of the ancient world. Our technology is built upon the artificial, and this is why modern man believes himself so much better than the ancient, because the ancient didnt use artificial things. But who says he needed to? Does a bird need an airplane to fly? You dont use artificial tools or developt artificial means of doing something if you can master the task with nature-based means. What could they have used? who can say...most likely something that seems as impossible to us as electricity would have seemed 10,000 years ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It is either fake or real. How to find out which one though? Don't know. But still, interesting.

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So it is said -it is fake, or rather it didn't belong to Aztecs. But it is still mystery who made it and why

... The crystal skull is a fake.

A detailed analysis of the skull's surface has revealed that it was cut and polished with the sort of rotating wheel common in the jewellery houses of 19th-century Europe but absent in pre-Columbian America.
Historians and scientists believe that the skull was cut from a piece of Brazilian rock crystal by a lapidary in Europe, possibly Germany, and then sold to collectors as a relic from the ancient Aztec civilisation of Mexico.

Independent

related article: 'Aztec' crystal skull "likely to be fake"

[edit on 8-1-2005 by jazzgul]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

here's another article on the skulls....

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~*??Gl?W-ߴԩk??ԒJ±?*~
I remember hearing about a crystal skull, it was clear and made to look like a human skull, they said the craftsmanship was amazing and it was precise enough that it had to be cut with a laser but they are saying it was made by... I am going to need help here, but I want to say Mayans. Does anyone have any information on this? I remember seeing this on a news special when I was a child. I have also read that Hitler was obessed with the occult and tried(did?) find and take the skull for himself.

I know it has a special name but my memory is failling me, if anyone has any information, please share.

Legend says that there are 13 crystal skulls spread throughout the world, and as times become worse in our world, a new skull will be revealed. The last will supposedly be revealed in the final hour of our world and will join with the other 12 and heal and renew Earth, as well as unlock the mysteries of the universe to man. That is about the best that I can do to sum it up, but here's a link to a pretty good article about it. www.crystalinks.com...

Peace!

Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:56 AM
link   
my freind has been studying the skulls most of is life. he says there was either 12 or 13 of them each repusenting a planet that the people of atlantis conalised, he also so said that the skulls posses power like electcity if all brought together. he says the people of atlantis left them behind for us to find

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicX007
my freind has been studying the skulls most of is life. he says there was either 12 or 13 of them each repusenting a planet that the people of atlantis conalised, he also so said that the skulls posses power like electcity if all brought together. he says the people of atlantis left them behind for us to find

hmm interesting view, sonic do you have anything else on your friend about this? Do you have any links to a website he may have about it or a book?

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i found a page branching from a link that was given here that was very interesting. there are supposedly 13 of these skulls, and it is said that they are supposed to be placed 12 in a circle and the 13th at the center. what was most interesting is that this page points out a sacred geometry called 12 around 1. clocks, astological sign, the last supper by davinci (12 apostles around 1 jesus) this is really interesting.
www.crystalinks.com...

[edit on 12-2-2006 by boredcartoonist]

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

"The information is held in the molecular crystal lattice, as in the silicon chips we use today, but can be accessed by consciousness. The Mitchell-Hedges skull was tested by Hewlett-Packard, who could find no tooling marks on it, and concluded that it would have taken 300 man-years to make."
"the skulls were kept inside a pyramid in a formation of tremendous power- known as the Ark. The Ark was composed of the 12 skulls from each of the sacred planets kept in a circle, with a thirteenth skull, the largest, placed in the centre of this formation. This thirteenth skull represents the collective consciousness of all the worlds. It connects up the knowledge of all the sacred planets."

posted on Feb, 15 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SampledSoul
www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

"The information is held in the molecular crystal lattice, as in the silicon chips we use today, but can be accessed by consciousness. The Mitchell-Hedges skull was tested by Hewlett-Packard, who could find no tooling marks on it, and concluded that it would have taken 300 man-years to make."

No, I don't think so:

The Lubaantun skull is 13 cm high, 18 cm from front to back and 13 cm wide, and was allegedly carved from a single block of quartz, although the mandible is detachable (and, according to Anna Mitchell-Hedges (born 1910), was found some time after the “cranium”, which may explain why two separate discovery dates are given). It is rather smaller than an adult skull. It has been claimed that the skull is some 3,600 years old, although it is not clear how this estimate of age was arrived at. A crystal carver, Frank Dorland, obtained permission to have the skull submitted to physical analysis in 1970. According to the story, tests carried out by Hewlett Packard Laboratories showed that the original block had first been chiselled into a rough shape before grinding and polishing with water and sand. This is not an unusual technique in working with hard stones, although ‘fringe’ writers tend to imply that it is and that employing it would mean that it would take between 150 and 300 years continuous work to produce the skull, which is clearly ludicrous. Frank Dorland himself is a promoter of New Age beliefs about crystals and their alleged healing properties, so he is not quite the dispassionate scientist the story tends to make out.
(My emphasis)
Source: Cult Archaeology

Harte

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I have seen a documentary on the crystal skulls twice now. It was about the book The Mystery of the Crystal Skulls. It said that the skulls were made out of a silicone like material and that the Mayans were able to some how use this materials to store information. It also said that there is a Mayan story about crystal skulls and that when they are brought together in one place they will reveal their secrets. Everyone thought it was a myth until the Mitchell-Hedges skull was found.
I did not know about the 12 around one "design" and this is very intriguing considering that there are 13 skulls.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I can remember seeing this skull on The Mysterious World of Arthur C. Clarke back in the 80's.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wasn’t there a movie with these skulls in it? And it had some dude in a purple spandex suit, I think it was called the phantom or something like that.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I first read about the Crystal Skulls many years ago. Supposedly there are 13. I believe that all of them have been found now except one. When they are brought together, they will tell the history of mankind and the world supposedly.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Some lady wrote in to Coast to Coast AM's website about her visit with Max, the Texas Crystal Skull. Supposedly he is the biggest skull weighing in at 18 pounds.

The lady says she met with the skull and had a conversation with it.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~*??Gl?W-ߴԩk??ԒJ±?*~
I remember hearing about a crystal skull, it was clear and made to look like a human skull, they said the craftsmanship was amazing and it was precise enough that it had to be cut with a laser but they are saying it was made by... I am going to need help here, but I want to say Mayans. Does anyone have any information on this? I remember seeing this on a news special when I was a child. I have also read that Hitler was obessed with the occult and tried(did?) find and take the skull for himself.

I know it has a special name but my memory is failling me, if anyone has any information, please share.

Thanks
The tribe your trying to remember was called Akakor and they were very suffisticated people and had the power to use flying disk sound familar.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The tribe your trying to remember was called Akakor and they were very suffisticated people and had the power to use flying disk sound familar.

For some reason, I have trouble just believing someone who thinks that is how you spell sophisticated. Do you have some proof of these people's "flying disk?"

--------------------------
edited quote of entire post directly above

please read ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23/2/08 by masqua]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonicX007

I had heard the same thing quite some years back a total of 13 to match the lunar months or something. Two were sold on ebay over the last two years by nuns who were given the personal effects from a shaman. I think they didn't bring very much, but I bought other things from the same nuns and they are real legit nuns raising money for their church there. I don't remember the seller names but they have a pic of the two of them on an old merry go round. They might respond to a message. They didn't know anything about them when they sold them other than how they got them through an estate.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I bet these skulls have some info in them being that they are quartz isnt light a factor with quartz, have they tried using light to try an see if there is a effect from it?

I mean these things prolly arent just door stopers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join