It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crystal Skull

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trance Optic
I bet these skulls have some info in them being that they are quartz isnt light a factor with quartz, have they tried using light to try an see if there is a effect from it?

I mean these things prolly arent just door stopers.

Are you not reading? People claim that there is an actual "being" inside of these Skulls, and that they communicate telepathically with people.

Of course the skulls have "info" in them, (if the people who say they communicate with them are telling the truth) they are ancient and have supposedly been collecting data all around them for years.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ~*��Gl�W-�tԩk����J±�*~

As far as I understand there have been 5 found. I know that there are at least 2 found and in musiums. The real crystal skulls have detachable jaws. They are of such craftsmanship that is would take months worth of work these days to create just one. They are found in ancient ruins.

They have their own mythology. It is said there is 13 scattered around the world and something is suposed to happen with then are all put back to gether.

It is also said they contain the lost knowledges, but no one is aware of how to access these.

They are said to be alien delivered.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just a few thoughts, but could the middle one be used as a projection device, and the other 12 are used as storage? For instance, if they 'shot' light through one, into the middle skull, it would project the image, may explain why its bigger, aside from the 'central' importance. Another possibility would be all 12, 'shot' into the middle skull to project a 3D image?

This is the first I have heard of this but I am highly interested in the subject. Sitchin claims that the in the great pyramid, the 'causeway' leading to the kings chamber had recess' for, what he claims, to be precious gems. I can't remember the number, but they WEREN'T in a circular formation, which in my eyes, rules out the 'holograph' possibility.

thanks. EMM

[edit on 23-2-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat

I bet these skulls have some info in them being that they are quartz isnt light a factor with quartz, have they tried using light to try an see if there is a effect from it?

Are you not reading? People claim that there is an actual "being" inside of these Skulls, and that they communicate telepathically with people.

Of course the skulls have "info" in them, (if the people who say they communicate with them are telling the truth) they are ancient and have supposedly been collecting data all around them for years.

Are you not reading?

None of these skulls datre to before the late 18th century - A.D.

Harte

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Diplomat

Are you not reading?

None of these skulls datre to before the late 18th century - A.D.

Harte

Well, you must not be reading, because the coasttocoastam link I posted has a lady claiming to have communicated with the Texas skull, and that the Texas skull told her that he is ancient.

This is why I used the word "supposedly" before. If what these people say is true, then these skulls are ancient...

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Some women talking to an ancient skull is hardly an excellent indicator of the skull's age is it? Why hasn't anyone asked the Pyramids or the Turin Shroud how old they are?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
reply to post by Diplomat

Some women talking to an ancient skull is hardly an excellent indicator of the skull's age is it? Why hasn't anyone asked the Pyramids or the Turin Shroud how old they are?

When I went to see the King Tut exhibit, Tut told me not to listen to anything that any crystal skull said.

He says they're a bunch of liars.

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Actually, a few of these skulls have been authenticated as ancient by experts.

www.world-mysteries.com...

Only a few crystal skulls have been expertly authenticated as ancient. Many have been carved within the last five years. Presently, the accepted authentication by which a carved skull can be termed ancient is through a complicated process of casting a mold of the skull and placing it under an electron microscope to examine the minute markings left by the carver. These markings are the clues by which the age of the carving is determined. The telltale pattern of the marking will verify what method was used to carve and polish the skull; thereby, the antiquity expert is able to confirm the age based on methods used on other known works which range from the ancient to the very contemporary.

The Texas Crystal Skull, Max, has been authenticated as ancient, as have one or two other I believe. I'm still looking for the primary source accounts of these examinations though.

Take it as you will.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marius Blackwood
The Texas Crystal Skull, Max, has been authenticated as ancient, as have one or two other I believe. I'm still looking for the primary source accounts of these examinations though.

Take it as you will.

I think you'll find that the "primary source" is the owner of the skull and his lively imagination.

If you convince enough people your crystal skull is "ancient," you can actually charge money to have your skull hang out with newer skulls.

Presumably, your "ancient" skull tells the newbies all the old info and then the newbies are sold at a higher price because they've been "attuned" to a "certified ancient" skull.

Yes, that is actually what is going on out there. Google it if you are as incredulous as I was when I first heard about this market for insipid stupidity.

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I have sent an email to the owner of World-Mysteries.com asking for the authentication papers concerning "Max," or if he does not have them to put me in contact with the owners of "Max" so I could try to procure the papers through them.

Hopefully it goes well.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
From what I understand about the crystal skulls there is no way to date them so no one is really sure how old they are. I also seem to remeber a lady in Canada that found one in mexico I think in the 1920's and she lived with the locals that she refered to as Mayans for several years and she claims they told her at that time they were atleast 3600 years old, now I could be wrong but I am sure I have seen it some where. I will try to find her name and see if I can find more info with some links.

youtube.com...

If you google it you will find more.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by Buddyweiser]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Crystal Skull of Doom. People have reportedly gone mad in it's presence. Some report of images of adventurous mountains and temples entering their minds. Music too. This is one weird skull.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There's only one way to prove or disprove the Mystery or Secrets of the 13 Crystal Skulls (btw, I recommend listening to each of the albums named for these) and that is more scientific testing. There continue to be legends of these skulls being communication devices, or encoded with information of sorts.

If we take this into consideration, we have to think of ways that ancient civilizations may have accessed this information. My best guess would be either light or sound, since these rule our everyday lives and operate on frequencies, as most of the universe seems to. But, taking if even further, I'd guess that if there is information encoded in these skull, they probably locked it with a password or some sort of protective measure. I would further posit that the protective measure would be the combination of light and sound.

There's not too much information available on the combination of these two waveforms, but here I've found a rudimentary description of Photoacoustics

There are many different physical phenomena that involve both sound and light. In photoacoustics, sounds are created by very short pulses of laser light impinging on materials. Through holographic interferometry and fiber optic sensors, light can be used to measure and visualize sound. Sound can also have an influence on light, for example when an acousto-optic modulator (AOM) is used to shift the frequency of light. However, perhaps the most interesting and most baffling interaction between sound and light is the phenomenon known as sonoluminescence.

Sonoluminescence

Sonoluminescence is the process of converting sound into light. There are two types of sonoluminescence, Multiple Bubble Sonoluminesence (MBSL) and Single Bubble Sonoluminescence (SBSL). In order to perform sonoluminescence, a flask full of water or whatever medium is connected to two piezoelectric transducers (used to amplify sound). The amplifiers feed into the transducers which then start emitting a very concentrated amount of sound, usually around 20-35 Khz. At this point in time, bubbles begin to form, dubbed as "cavitation bubbles." Once a cavitation bubble is captured in the middle of the flask, it is under the effects of the amplified sound. At a certain resonance point, the bubble begins to emit flashes of white light.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
There's only one way to prove or disprove the Mystery or Secrets of the 13 Crystal Skulls

the only mystery of the crystal skulls that I can see is why people believe it in the first place

heres why

Click here first
www.geocities.com...

In 1943, it was sold at Sotheby's in London to Frederick Arthur (Mike) Mitchell-Hedges, a well-to-do English deep-sea fisherman, explorer, and yarn-spinner extraordinaire.

Since the 1954 publication of Mitchell-Hedges's memoir, Danger My Ally, this third-generation, twentieth-century skull has acquired a Maya origin, as well as a number of fantastic, Indiana Jones-like tall tales.

I believe that all of the smaller crystal skulls that constitute the first generation of fakes were made in Mexico around the time they were sold, between 1856 and 1880. This 24-year period may represent the output of a single artisan, or perhaps a single workshop.

Although nearly all of the crystal skulls have at times been identified as Aztec, Toltec, Mixtec, or occasionally Maya, they do not reflect the artistic or stylistic characteristics of any of these cultures. The Aztec and Toltec versions of death heads were nearly always carved in basalt, occasionally were covered with stucco, and were probably all painted. They were usually either attached to walls or altars, or depicted in bas reliefs of deities as ornaments worn on belts. They are comparatively crudely carved, but are more naturalistic than the crystal skulls, particularly in the depiction of the teeth. The Mixtec occasionally fabricated skulls in gold, but these representations are more precisely described as skull-like faces with intact eyes, noses, and ears. The Maya also carved skulls, but in relief on limestone. Often these skulls, depicted in profile, represent days of their calendars.

www.archaeology.org...

some of you may have already seen this posted elsewhere

[edit on 22-4-2008 by legionromanes]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
In the writing that you provide, the authors do a great job of jumping around from the skulls discussed here to hand carved fakes sold in shops, yet they never discuss the authenticity of the actual skulls pertaining to this discussion other than mentioning that they reflect no resemblance to the craftsmanship of the era they supposedly come from, which I believe has already been stated throughout this thread.

They say just enough to let the reader come away thinking they've been told the skulls are fakes, yet they never openly come out and say such.

You also have to take into account that you glean this information from archaeology.org - which is easy to see, as in the provided quote, why they're so biased about the subject:

... not a single crystal skull in a museum collection comes from a documented excavation ...

sour grapes anyone?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

sour grapes anyone?

how is it sour grapes when it was a straight reporting of the facts. If you prefer your proof from channeled sources and proven liars then you carry on believing it.

skepdic.com...

What amazes me is that people still believe the Mitchell Hedges skull is real when a receipt exists from sothebies detailing its sale to Hedges a full 15 years before he claims to have dug it up

if people can't face the facts then they shouldn't contribute to the lies

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I guess people will believe what they will believe.

Funny that many of these artifacts sat around in some of the most prestigious museums in the world and in the hands of the industries experts for nearly 70 years before studies deemed them fake.

The study that labeled some of these skulls as fakes was based on the fact that the crystal was of a Brazilian origin, which I don't think anyone here claims to know from where the crystal was derived, and that the indentions on the teeth were from a rotary tool.

And since we know that the Inca and Aztecs were incapable of spinning a carving utensil in a circular patter ... they must be fake. Because, after all ... we know that they were terrible at calculating days, months and years.

I don't care to comment on the Mitchell-Hedges skull. It's origins were pretty much summed up when all access to scientific tests were denied by the owners.

What I find fascinating is how people tend to leech onto an idea when it's presented as "official". Think: Iraq war and WMD. Who's jumping on whom's bandwagon?

[edit on 22-4-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Funny that many of these artifacts sat around in some of the most prestigious museums in the world and in the hands of the industries experts for nearly 70 years before studies deemed them fake.

thats not funny, the studies that proved them fake took 70 years to come into existence.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

That's a load of crap.

Show some evidence of this claim, please.

Originally posted by tyranny22The study that labeled some of these skulls as fakes was based on the fact that the crystal was of a Brazilian origin, which I don't think anyone here claims to know from where the crystal was derived, and that the indentions on the teeth were from a rotary tool.

And since we know that the Inca and Aztecs were incapable of spinning a carving utensil in a circular patter ... they must be fake. Because, after all ... we know that they were terrible at calculating days, months and years.

Unfortunately, for you and your argument, no mesoamerican carvings that have been examined reveal carving done by "spinning a rotary tool."

So, why would they not use this faster, cheaper and easier method on their other sculptures, if they used it on these skulls?

Originally posted by tyranny22I don't care to comment on the Mitchell-Hedges skull. It's origins were pretty much summed up when all access to scientific tests were denied by the owners.

The funny thing is, the Mitchell-Hedges skull is the one all the sites like "Worls Mysteries" claim has been shown (usually they say by Hewlett Packard) to be ancient.

Originally posted by tyranny22What I find fascinating is how people tend to leech onto an idea when it's presented as "official". Think: Iraq war and WMD. Who's jumping on whom's bandwagon?

I'm not sure how many people "leech" onto these "official" ideas. Myself, I've come to my own opinion of the falsity of crystal skull claims by doing my own research on what was actually found when the Mitchell Hedges skull (and some others - namely the one stored in the British Museum) was actually examined versus what has been claimed to have been found.

The claims are false - hence the authenticity of the skulls is false.

Harte

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by legionromanes

Finding rotary marks around the skull's teeth took 70 years to come into existence?

I beg to differ; I find that statement extremely funny.

When you set out with an agenda in mind, more than likely you'll arrive at the conclusion you're looking for. Which is exactly what the studies determined ... by rather lousy and simplistic deductions that hardly seem scientific and more a matter of opinion. The only fact given - the skulls were fabricated from crystal of Brazilian origin - has nothing to do with whether the artifacts are authentic. Determining that the indentions "appear" to be made with a rotary tool thought to have only recently come into existence is a simple observation that hold very little scientific worth.

There are dozens of artifacts recently discovered that have forced mankind to re-think how we understands the ancient world. Artifacts such as The Antikythera Mechanism, The Baghdad Battery and such places as the Gobekli Tepe have all caused modern science to re-evaluate the level at which we thought the ancient world operated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join