It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's hired guns in Afghanistan rejected by U.S. for unsavoury ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Canada's hired guns in Afghanistan rejected by U.S. for unsavoury ties

www.theglobeandm ail.com

Canada spent more than $41-million on hired guns in Afghanistan over four years, much of it going to security companies slammed by the U.S. Senate for having warlords on the payroll.

Both the Defence and Foreign Affairs departments have employed 11 security contractors in Kabul and Kandahar since 2006, but have kept quiet about the details.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Did anyone else know about this? It is news to me....

The Canadian government, since 2006, has hired contractors in Afghanistan. The government is being accused (by the United States no less) of having warlords on their payroll.
There is no overall policy to govern these security forces??????????? How are they then held accountable?

I’m not surprised and yet I don’t really know what to say.

How is it possible that we, as Canadian citizens, stand for this? I think it is because it is out of sight, out of mind.....

I don’t really know what to say....

www.theglobeandm ail.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That is what happens in waging a war against an enemy whom you cannot recognise.
The fact is the war lords do know who they are fighting.
The Canadian goverment is in a coalition right now.
The conservatives(read republican wannabees)cant afford too many KIA or wounded or the country will vote em out and bring the boys home sooner.
It all hinges on every parliamentary vote right now, and anyone of which could bring down the gov.
This would not nessessarily be a good thing for the war or the NWO agenda right now.
The canadian gov is a miniature of the US in the sense that our PM wants to be thought of the same way as george bush wanted to be revered.
Its plain the goverment in canada is largely sold american no matter what.
Merccinary forces dont have to be counted and sent home to canada where we will mourn the loss.They probably dont have to report them at all....
Meantimee, how is this situation different than the US bribing war lords?
isnt that typical guerrilla war style fighting?just like Veeitnaaam!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Well ain't that the pot callin' the kettle black! :shk: Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by worlds_away
Did anyone else know about this? It is news to me....

So, anybody gonna ask Steve about it? I doubt the Liberals can find the cojones.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Oh who cares really who Canada is paying in Afghanistan. Does anyone want to bring up George Bush's or the US governments ties with the Bin Laden family? No, I didn't think so. Moving on...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
Oh who cares really who Canada is paying in Afghanistan. Does anyone want to bring up George Bush's or the US governments ties with the Bin Laden family? No, I didn't think so. Moving on...

Can't really blame this one on Bush, aside from him inviting us to the dance in the first place. And it was the Liberals who said yes.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Americans have been hiring contractors for years. And don't forget who gave training and arms to the "insurgents" back when they were called the Mujahideen. I'm ashamed that Canada did it, but it's not unexpected.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
US has directly paid warlords to fight with us since the invasion in 2001. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Oh, and let's not forget that the US backed regime there happen to be warlords.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Not only is Kharzai a warlord of sorts, but his brother is the HEROIN KINGPIN of the whole country.!
The drug production in afghanistan has soared with the invasion.
We arent there to help afghanis thats for certain.
Canada needs to get out of that war.....we have lost all credibility as an independant country.....

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

i was simply using it as an example. i didn't mean George Bush was directly involved in Canada hiring 'shady' workers.

new topics

top topics

join