It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Revolution is not an Islamic Revolution...!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood have stated "This is a peoples revolution not an Islamic revolution" so all you fear mongering racists can relax now. we are being fed a lie by the meda and people are buying it.
"There are decades when nothing happens and there are weeks when decades happen, we are living through history" and this is a beautifull transition.
This photo was taken yesterday. It shows a ring of christan protesters protecting the the muslims in prayer. The protest is grass roots and belongs to the people, not to religion.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/add6b976fbd4.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 5-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

i mean, its harldly a "Beautifull transition" is it.

I couldnt be a more ugly transition if it treid

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

i mean, its harldly a "Beautifull transition" is it.

I couldnt be a more ugly transition if it treid

Yes it has a very ugly side to it too. But yes i see it as a beautiful thing with people trying to take control of there country with peaceful civil disobendiance. The ugly side is the police retaliation and the deaths that have incurred because of there action.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/817a6df78acb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

S & F purplemer.

We tend to disagree a lot, but you got it dead to rights.

These are just people wanting the same freedoms they see in so much of the western world. And they damned well have the right to that freedom as fellow human beings, and they deserve it.

Of all the places to become "islamist" I'd rank Egypt last.

We in the US and other western countries need to stop accepting despots and dictators in exchange for some modicum of support for our policies.

The oppressed people in those countries are not subhumans unworthy of freedom, they are flesh and blood and strive for the same things us westerners do; to live, to love, and have a say in their government.

Every human being on this planet deserves the right to self-determination.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That's nice but the fear-rmongering racists will not relax either even if Egypt leans to a more progressive country afterwards. However there's always a chance of extremist religious groups taking advantage of that revolt. Hate to admit it but Mubarack is right saying that stepping down so abruptly can result in total chaos. Sudden revolt always leaves a vacuum of uncertainty.
Israel will probably not share your optimism since relations were rather favorable before this revolt.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

That's nice but the fear-rmongering racists will not relax either even if Egypt leans to a more progressive country afterwards. However there's always a chance of extremist religious groups taking advantage of that revolt. Hate to admit it but Mubarack is right saying that stepping down so abruptly can result in total chaos. Sudden revolt always leaves a vacuum of uncertainty.
Israel will probably not share your optimism since relations were rather favorable before this revolt.

i dont agree i think it is bad if he stays any longer. the obama admin wants him there and that why he is lingering.
if he stays on many of the activists and demonstrators will be in danger. they have had there photos spread across international news and have been filmed by the secret police.
he needs to go now. it has worked in tunisia i cant see why it cant work in egypt too...

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Well it hasnt worked in Tunisia just yet

The people there are still fighting for the regime to step down

The regime did promise they would talk to the opposition parties there but at this point in time have refused - people are still being arrested, threatened and beaten who speak out against the government in the street by the secret police

Im afraid the same will happen in Egypt if the current regime does NOT step down

The USA is pushing for the VP and PM of Egypt to stay and be part of the transitition period

That means they are quite happy for the status quo to continue

The people of Egypt are NOT stupid, they realise pro democracy supporters will be targeted with these 2 individuals remaining, the danger for many Egyptians remains

edit on 5-2-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellen15

i know it hasnt enitirely worked in tunisia i got a twitter a while ago saying 16 people had been shot by police. I just meant i dont think it will create the power vacume that some peeps are saying will happen.
i look foward to the day that governments decide to support people not regimes...

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes !! we will side with all faiths in adversity ..that is how we work..we are not stupid, however, we have our agenda...you westeners are stupid ..we will work our way ..Inshallah..we have time patience and numbers..we will address the west ..there is a debt to be payed for all the western interference and Inshallah we will overcome.
We are sick of the west imposing their corrupt values..we have our beliefs and values..and you in the west do not understand...but we will win..

To the west I say ..please leave us alone..we will sort ourselves out and create our own balance..we just need time..we will get there..but what you do to us on your doorstep and far away..there will be a price!!

So bugger off!! and leave us alone ..get out of our countries..the west is an interferance..we were the cradle of civilisation once ..we will be again..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Ellen15

i know it hasnt enitirely worked in tunisia i got a twitter a while ago saying 16 people had been shot by police. I just meant i dont think it will create the power vacume that some peeps are saying will happen.
i look foward to the day that governments decide to support people not regimes...

kx

The Interm Government in Tunisia supports the upheaval (the secret police) happening there right now

US, EU & UK support the VP and PM in Egypt (one of them is the head of the rendition policy between US and Egypt - Egypt tortures people for US) the US pushes for transition government procedures with these 2 thugs

US EU & UK will never support the people, what the people want, US and the UK does NOT support democracy in practise only in name and the westerners seem to be okay with that

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yes !! we will side with all faiths in adversity ..that is how we work..we are not stupid, however, we have our agenda...you westeners are stupid ..we will work our way ..Inshallah..we have time patience and numbers..we will address the west ..there is a debt to be payed for all the western interference and Inshallah we will overcome.
We are sick of the west imposing their corrupt values..we have our beliefs and values..and you in the west do not understand...but we will win..

To the west I say ..please leave us alone..we will sort ourselves out and create our own balance..we just need time..we will get there..but what you do to us on your doorstep and far away..there will be a price!!

So bugger off!! and leave us alone ..get out of our countries..the west is an interferance..we were the cradle of civilisation once ..we will be again..

That sounds peaceful doesn't it ?

Here's hoping the people's revolution is peaceful and is not hijacked by extremists or the military ,Egypt has a very large military and if radicals get in power all hell will break loose in the ME and that is no good for anyone.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Here's hoping the people's revolution is peaceful and is not hijacked by extremists or the military ,Egypt has a very large military and if radicals get in power all hell will break loose in the ME and that is no good for anyone.

Here hoping western governments (US, EU, UK) dont hijack:-

(i)The Revolution (ii) Elections when the time comes (iii) The New Elected Government

In the mean time:

Heres hoping western governments dont hijack the transititional/interm government - too late already have - The appointed Vice President and Prime Minister being the wests leading figures with approval - The same two are part of the same regime, the regime the people are fighting against

So much for democracy and the rights of the people

Democracy by name only, never allowed in practise, the west just wont allow it

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

that is beautiful... the essence of what humanity is really all about...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

right...the muslim brotherhood has assured us that it's "for the people" not islam. ok i trust you
nice race bating too. the egyptian government is done for, we'll see what comes next. i guarantee you it will be islamic.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic

right...the muslim brotherhood has assured us that it's "for the people" not islam. ok i trust you
nice race bating too. the egyptian government is done for, we'll see what comes next. i guarantee you it will be islamic.

what comes next might be islamic and so what if it is. what you think all people around the world should have the same type of government as us. if they did the world would truly be a dangerous place to live. let the people choose what they have.
kx

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood have stated "This is a peoples revolution not an Islamic revolution"

What do you know about the Iranian revolution of '79? Do you know people were promised all kinds of good stuff?

so all you fear mongering racists can relax now.

Religion has nothing to do with race.

we are being fed a lie by the meda and people are buying it.

It's becoming painstakingly clear who is buying which propaganda to me.

"There are decades when nothing happens and there are weeks when decades happen, we are living through history" and this is a beautifull transition.

Generic statement. Beautiful? Tell that to the dead peoples relatives, who will never see the perpetrator brought to justice, no matter how much politicians shout this at the top of their lungs.

This photo was taken yesterday. It shows a ring of christan protesters protecting the the muslims in prayer.

Are you or are you not aware that what you are doing reeks of propaganda? It is irrelevant what the people DO OR SAY as long as they choose partners(eg military) from a pool of enemies. Or enemies of their enemies.

The protest is grass roots and belongs to the people, not to religion.

I wouldn't say so.

Let me tell you a little about the revolution of '79 in Iran, where the Muslims who were to come into power, kept telling the people that they would ensure peoples rights after the revolution, regardless of political or religious ideals...do I really need to tell you what happened after?

Really...some folk are too gullible. The average schmuck on the streets doesn't know why the hell he's out there in the first place...just repeat-chanting what he or she hears the mass of people chanting. A harsh reality, yet, reality nevertheless.

Looking forward to discuss this whole "happy-happy-Muslim-revolution" with an apologist.
edit on 6-2-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

what comes next might be islamic and so what if it is.

Do you have any idea what this entails?

what you think all people around the world should have the same type of government as us.

Actually. People all over the globe SHOULD have the same type of government if we are indeed, all humans. That is to say, a fair and just government.

if they did the world would truly be a dangerous place to live.

Speculation.

let the people choose what they have.

What makes you believe it is the people choosing? Are you that blissfully unaware?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Do you really thing a ring of Muslims would protect a group of Christians praying....I think not.

A lot can be learned about the 79 revolutuion. History does tend to repeat itself.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

what comes next might be islamic and so what if it is.

Do you have any idea what this entails?

what you think all people around the world should have the same type of government as us.

Actually. People all over the globe SHOULD have the same type of government if we are indeed, all humans. That is to say, a fair and just government.

if they did the world would truly be a dangerous place to live.

Speculation.

let the people choose what they have.

What makes you believe it is the people choosing? Are you that blissfully unaware?

These have been unpredicted events, if you have credible evidence please supply it or it is you that is speculating through insinuation.
Yes and maybe all the people round the globe should have the same government , but what kind of values should that government have. If the people of egypt decide to have an islamic government then so be it. who the hell is the west to interfere with the demcocratic policies of other countries.
yes i am aware of what happened in iran and dont forget that is was western (american) interference that started the ball rolling there. Have they learnt there lesson, heck no thats why they are interfering again,
The have been liberal islamic leaders in the past...plz stop with your islamphobia...

kx

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by van001
Do you really thing a ring of Muslims would protect a group of Christians praying....I think not.

A lot can be learned about the 79 revolutuion. History does tend to repeat itself.

yes it happended in egpyt not that long ago. you can think what you like but the truth is the truth...

After the bombing of a Coptic Christian Church in Egypt, the last thing the terrorists expected were the events of Christmas Eve (Coptic Christmas - Thursday night). Many people in the Muslim community came together to protect Coptic churches around the country and act as "human shileds" against any possible attacks. Even the sons of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak showed up to help out.

dungeondiary.blogspot.com...

kx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join