It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even Donald Trump Is Warning That An Economic Collapse Is Coming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
At the rate things are going it's no wonder anyone cares about anything anymore. I mean really!
So what they're spraying the crap out of our skies? So what there are two wars and a third one on its way? Who cares Obama may not be a legal citizen? Who cares it costs a weeks salary to buy groceries? Who cares were entering Solar cycle 24 and aligning with galactic center at the same time? Who cares the entire northern hemisphere is covered with snow? Who cares many of our homes are in foreclosure? Who cares nearly 50% are on food stamps? Who cares the New Madrid fault, Yellowstone and Mount St Helene are unstable? Who cares animals are dying in the millions?

Caring and concern is almost a past time now with no solution to any of this so I say....let it all tank! Let everything hit at once because the sooner everything crumbles (economy and ecology) the sooner we can try to rebuild this planet again.

This entire world is in deep trouble and not too far in the distance future, were going to look back and WISH things were as good as they were in February 2011!

In a shocking new interview, Donald Trump has gone farther than he ever has before in discussing a potential economic collapse in America. Using phrases such as "you’re going to pay $25 for a loaf of bread pretty soon" and "we could end up being another Egypt", Trump explained to Newsmax that he is incredibly concerned about the direction our economy is headed. Whatever you may think of Donald Trump on a personal level, it is undeniable that he has been extremely successful in business. As one of the most prominent businessmen in America, he is absolutely horrified about what is happening to this nation.

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well if anyone knows Bankruptcy its Trump

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
lol..

honestly I cannot understand why the collapse is even a "discussion" anymore. Its obvious, so incredibly obvious yet apparently some still wasn't some form of validation from the horses mouth.

Not trying to trash your thread OP I enjoy reading more of the threads you post and find them enlightening.

I'm just curious if anyone is even going to try and debate the coming economical disaster anymore??

I still haven't seen anyone post reliable evidence the markets could ever turn around at this point.

That suddenly the resources are going to be more abundant than yesterday and were all getting raises!! lol its just not going to happen...

Of course Donald Trump knows what is coming, he has been a big player in the game for a looooong time now. You don't think he knows how incredibly open to abuse and corruption the economic system was? He made his millions doing the opposite of what is taught to do running businesses? Why? Because he knew how it worked, he knew the loopholes and he profited from what usually ruins careers...

Of course he knows, hes known for a long time this game was rigged and wasn't sustainable..

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by icenetwork
Well if anyone knows Bankruptcy its Trump

And there's rumor he may run in 2012?
It doesn't matter anyway for it's seemingly just a title! Because right now, the role of presidency feels vacant.
It doesn't even feel we have a leader anymore!

So like I said in my opening rant
.....nothing seems to matter anymore.
I'm personally writing in Stewie Griffin for president in 2012!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thank you

You realize the market is controlled by the Global (bankers) Elite, right?

I think some of the problem is, they've been crying wolf for years now and people are immune to it all.
This is going to be one helluva a year. That's for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
well just think about THAT guy..........

he's no stranger that suddenly appears on the media and talks about whats gonna happen

he's a well known person and saying things like that , is'nt he worried about his reputation about being paranoid

i still think he has self control though lol

but u still need to be careful u know

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
indeed, Trump along with many others are all proclaiming the eventual collapse of this present
money creation & money flow system...

Where was he and the others 10 years ago... they were busy involved in their own style of
'House Flipping' or Condo Accrual...

i know of only one forward looking economist, a Dr.Weiss that correctly called the housing deadfall trap,
the derivatives crisis, the bank industry insolvency ~ which is still being covered up...

Trump, is just getting more face-time for his publicity hungry ego... or else he is secretly in partnership
with some Gold franchise thats hawking this commodity as the only alternative to currency/ fiat money...
and all that leveraging noise about retaining wealth & keeping up with the 'Inflation'

~~~why else that $25 per loaf of bread blurb ~~~~ he's busy cooking up another money venture

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are two important things to always keep in mind regarding Mr. Trump.

1 - He is an unabashed narcissist, focused on personal glory and the cult of personality around him.

2 - He is inextricably connected to the exact same media machine that continues to underwhelm us with their capacity for selling glamorous 'personalities' and shunning any 'uncomfortable' admission about their editorial bias.

Right now, the doomsayers have the limelight. He wants in.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

The Don lives 7 miles north of me and is regarded as the best thing next to slice bread.
How ironic!

You're absolutely right about his house-flipping which is in part, the problem many south Floridians are in.
And all those condominiums he help financed? Are now called Abandominums now.
Scary times are ahead. Big time!

And buying gold is not going to help you. Whose going to buy it if everyone/thing goes belly up?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
There are two important things to always keep in mind regarding Mr. Trump.

1 - He is an unabashed narcissist, focused on personal glory and the cult of personality around him.

2 - He is inextricably connected to the exact same media machine that continues to underwhelm us with their capacity for selling glamorous 'personalities' and shunning any 'uncomfortable' admission about their editorial bias.

Right now, the doomsayers have the limelight. He wants in.

Perfectly put

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have a question here for people touting gold and silver as a "scam" to retain value as a future currency etc...

what are the other options? If the fiat currency isn't worth anything, then what WILL be worth something? What can people tangibly hold in physical form that isn't a "worthless piece of paper" either in the form of actual money/dollars, certificates, bonds, etc etc??

If you have your food/water/shelter needs taken care of what can you invest your soon to be worthless dollars in that will retain value? Traditionally its always been gold/silver because you just can't print that stuff out of thin air.

What will be the new "thing" to back values for trading purposes? Everyone says resources like oil but that is a huge area of contention being that is a "usable" resource.

There is a problem with using "usable" resources like oil as anything for reserve value because it gets used up and the value is very unstable. When your reserve value is unstable your markets are unstable...

gold/silver are the only things I can think of that after the paper fails will once again be what is trade able value for goods/services.

seriously I want to know, WHAT if not gold/silver will retain value in the future?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
lol..

honestly I cannot understand why the collapse is even a "discussion" anymore. Its obvious, so incredibly obvious yet apparently some still wasn't some form of validation from the horses mouth.

Not trying to trash your thread OP I enjoy reading more of the threads you post and find them enlightening.

I'm just curious if anyone is even going to try and debate the coming economical disaster anymore??

I still haven't seen anyone post reliable evidence the markets could ever turn around at this point.

That suddenly the resources are going to be more abundant than yesterday and were all getting raises!! lol its just not going to happen...

Of course Donald Trump knows what is coming, he has been a big player in the game for a looooong time now. You don't think he knows how incredibly open to abuse and corruption the economic system was? He made his millions doing the opposite of what is taught to do running businesses? Why? Because he knew how it worked, he knew the loopholes and he profited from what usually ruins careers...

Of course he knows, hes known for a long time this game was rigged and wasn't sustainable..

Ill debate you...

Obama said we will never be above 7% un employment. well he missed the mark on that one. but good news! the new report came out saying un employment is at 9% NOW! yeah wahoooo.... america is back!
WHAT A BUNCH OF ****!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I have a question here for people touting gold and silver as a "scam" to retain value as a future currency etc...

what are the other options? If the fiat currency isn't worth anything, then what WILL be worth something? What can people tangibly hold in physical form that isn't a "worthless piece of paper" either in the form of actual money/dollars, certificates, bonds, etc etc??

If you have your food/water/shelter needs taken care of what can you invest your soon to be worthless dollars in that will retain value? Traditionally its always been gold/silver because you just can't print that stuff out of thin air.

What will be the new "thing" to back values for trading purposes? Everyone says resources like oil but that is a huge area of contention being that is a "usable" resource.

There is a problem with using "usable" resources like oil as anything for reserve value because it gets used up and the value is very unstable. When your reserve value is unstable your markets are unstable...

gold/silver are the only things I can think of that after the paper fails will once again be what is trade able value for goods/services.

seriously I want to know, WHAT if not gold/silver will retain value in the future?

Its all about
1 food, get food and store food.
2 store water, refill 1 gal milk jubs with water and add 1/4 table spoon of bleach in it.
3.when your done with food and water start supplying seeds of all food types and grains
4.start buying silver
5 start buying gold

spend your money in this order! Im just getting to number 4

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

On paper (no pun intended) it's a good idea but imagine if you will......48 states in the throes of chaos all at the same time. There will be looting, crimes galore, muggings, robberies etc.

So if most stores close up (and banks too cause after all, there will be nothing to deposit or withdraw) where are you going to use your gold?
There will be no value to anything if this country looks anything like, Egypt! (which is a total diversion by the way)

You think you can buy an airline ticket to flee the country with a bar of gold? Or do you think Citgo will take it in lieu of petrol? No one even has scales to weigh it!
This country is not set up like that.

Maybe after the riots and the total collapse of this country then maybe, years down the road, gold will be of some value to people. But I don't see where the market will be for this.
I think bartering will be the only thing left to do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yes I understand this lol....

obviously amid the chaos your not going to try and buy a plane ticket with gold...there wont be planes flying unless you yourself are flying it. People won't show up to work since they will be earning peanuts anyway.

I understand all this and yes the gold/silver is for use when the waters calm.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone can provide a good alternative value holder to gold silver that will be used for trading purposes in the future when the waters calm??

I thought of ammunition but again as it is a "usable" type of resource it won't hold a sustainable value and won't be desired for trading purposes. eventually as ammo gets scarce it will be worth too much and no one will be able to afford trading for it.

People will initially trade and barter like thousands of years ago, loaf of bread for ammunition or gallon of water/gas etc...

The only other thing I have thought about investing in that will be of value in multitudes is self defense ie; guns/ammo (edit: which I already have a great deal of)

your water and food isn't worth a spit if I can easily take it from you without risk of death...

again after the waters calm it will be gold and silver again as history dictates...

unless someone has a better idea??
edit on 4-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I don't think that you will ever see a loaf of bread for 25 dollars

America might be lacking in a few things, but it grows a whole hell of a lot of food.

Especially enough to feed 300 million

So it comes down to whether you want chaos or not..

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

how many pieces of toilet paper do you think you will be able to trade for a loaf of bread right now? I bet you will need way more than 25 pieces of toilet-paper to get someone to trade you that loaf of bread regardless of how much bread there is...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Don't forget... aside from food and water, people will clamor for fuel - especially in winter.

Items that are of use will be at a premium... like tools, cloth, thread... trading gold or silver for such things will be as much an act of faith as trading paper money is soon to be... .assuming we don't all wake up simultaneously and realize that the frigging monetary paradigm itself is unsustainable.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

That's not the point. When food isn't obtaiable it is taken/stolen

Who would pay 25 dollars for bread, you could go take grain from the fields, now what happens?

Why don't I start taking the corn of the farmer's fields too, what happens now?

Might as well stop making/growing bread and grain and corn or any food for that matter

You think people will just say oh ok I'll starve lol

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by icenetwork

Bitter ? Me Bitter ? ...................

i297.photobucket.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join