It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt set for 'Day of Departure' - Today, Friday, Feb. 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Egypt set for 'Day of Departure' - Today, Friday, Feb. 4

www.bbc.co.uk

Protesters in the Egyptian capital Cairo are preparing to stage a "Day of Departure" for President Hosni Mubarak.

Organisers are calling for tens of thousands of people to gather in Tahrir Square, where days of unrest have left at least 300 people dead.

Mr Mubarak is coming under increasing international pressure to resign, with the US now calling for an immediate transition of power.

But he has so far refused to go, saying doing so would leave Egypt in chaos.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Today there will be a massive march on the presidential palace by protesters demanding that Mubarak resign immediately, and 'depart' his office.

Supposedly this was behind the recent beatings of journalistic teams, as it was meant as a warning to stay away today. Pro-Mubarak supporters don't want coverage of any violence that might shed them in a bad light.

It's now about 0845 in Cairo. The people are being told to gather in the capital after Friday prayers.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

This probably will be the largest demonstration yet. For so long as the protestors are prepared to stay in Tahrir Square indefinately I can see Mubarak resigning in days or weeks to come, not months, however I don't see him going to live in exile.

Egypt has the potential to be the greatest nation in the Middle east as it once was...if they play their cards rights and don't allow too much external interference especially from USA, Israel or Russia & Iran.

I hope the Egyptians don't go down the road and make the same mistakes of the Western world or become extremists like Iran. If they look to the golden years of Islam in Spain; that should be a good building block.
edit on 4-2-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Looks like its Jihad's time to shine.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Hey I know there are A LOT of tweets to read and follow, but I thought this was pretty interesting. Lots of people's tweets to read. Tweets from Egypt

I can't seem to step away from my computer! The situation over there is so tense! Every time I turn around, another country is rising against their government. I wish the people of Egypt the best today. From what I'm hearing/seeing... they're in for something rough.

Al Jazeera Live

edit on 4-2-2011 by EagleTalonZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
God bless the good citizens of Egypt. They are true patriots and have my full support.
They are the epitome of "Bad Ass".
Just goes to show you, people will only take so much then.......it's on.
The human spirit strives to be free. It's just who we are. It can't be stopped....>EVER!!!!
Take note countries of the world.
TPTW are on borrowed time my friends.

CAN YOU HEAR ME YOU P.O.S.???????
YOU ARE ALL ON BORROWED TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
The party is over and it's time to pay the tab.

WE WERE BORN TO BE FREE!!!!!
YOU LOSE!!!!
CHECKMATE A-HOLES!!!!!
it CAN be done and the good people of Egypt are living proof.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I'm watching Al Jazeera now......is that Israeli and American riot gear I see??? Seems those rumours of 2 plane loads of Israeli riot gear etc from Israel just may be correct!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Mubarak called for Israeli forces to help him?

This is not going to go well....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
We need some recent news we havent heard much since the clashes on wednesday and early thursday morning...I hope one of these news stations have somone who can post a live feed or at least some accurate "new" news

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Canadianpride420

Al Jazeera's english live feed is the best

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Agreed I just wish we could have some live footage...they have been amazing these past days but even they are having troubles getting recent developments due to this media crackdown.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by 007Polytoks
Mubarak called for Israeli forces to help him?

Can you tell us where you read/heard that please?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I'm watching Al Jazeera now......is that Israeli and American riot gear I see??? Seems those rumours of 2 plane loads of Israeli riot gear etc from Israel just may be correct!

He posted it, dunno where he heard these rumors.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

This probably will be the largest demonstration yet. For so long as the protestors are prepared to stay in Tahrir Square indefinately I can see Mubarak resigning in days or weeks to come, not months, however I don't see him going to live in exile.

Mubarak has already made it clear that he wants to live out his days in Egypt. I think that would be acceptable if he left office immediately. But he has made almost the impossible condition of being afraid that the Muslim Brotherhood taking over if he left today.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I don't think that is going to happen. The best form of Govt for Egypt at this point in time is a provencial Govt made up of both Muslim (Orthodox & secular), Coptic and other minority groups. The presidency could be more symbolic (not having the same powers as a PM). I think this is what the Egyptians really want at this stage.

new topics

top topics

join