It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End the slander : Obama is a Christian

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
OP- good effort, but many people already have their minds made up. They don't need you confusing them with facts.

Many people only champion democracy when it works out in their favor. The same ones berating Obama, claiming he isn't a natural-born citizen, he's a Muslim, he's this or he's that- back when their opponents were criticizing their beloved Bush, were quick to tell them he was democratically elected. Last time around they lost, so now they're crying foul. They tried everything before the 08 election to scare as many people as they could. It worked in a lot of cases, as we can see there are those who still believe much of the nonsense.

It's the same old throw any kind of crap at the wall and see what sticks. Put an original copy of his birth certificate in the hands of a birther, they'll swear they can prove it's a fake. Let him give his christian testimony to someone who believes he's a muslim, they'll swear he's lying. Again, they already know what they believe and nothing will change their minds.

If you notice, lots of people talk about actions now, and they know the president isn't a christian because his actions don't reflect christian behavior. Where were those voices when the Bush administration was sanctioning torture? Did they question his faith? Of course they didn't, because he represented "God's Own Party". Did they question Bush's christian faith with his "greed is good" attitude, when the bible stats "the greedy man curses and spurns the Lord"? Of course they didn't, because he had the correct party affiliation.

It's the same tired old story every time. When a democrat does something less than upstanding, those same people cry "see? A christian would never do that!" Then when a republican, and so-called christian, does the exact same thing, it changes to "Everybody makes mistakes. No one's perfect," or they call them a RINO.

I'm a christian myself, but the US isn't a theocracy. I must admit that I couldn't vote for someone who was an atheist, or openly bowed to another God, other than the one I serve. However, when someone claims to be christian, I can't see their heart, and I can't see their faith. It's my belief that we'll all be judged, and if they lied and deceived here on Earth, their judgement will be harsh. I wouldn't want to be the one who judged them here, only to find out later that I was the one lying to others and deceiving others about their faith.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Here is what will happen to 'Christians' like Obama.

Revelation 3:15 - I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetisback

Really?!
More Like Not Really!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The importance of whether someone is a Muslim or a Christian, at least in my opinion, has no bearing or importance...as long as the individual has some form of faith. As mentioned prior, a man's actions speak louder than words.
I have, both through being forced, and through my own choices, studied deeply into many religions and the spirituality of many many cultures. When it comes to the story between Christians and Muslims, I will say that The Powers That Be's Strongest weapon, DIVIDE AND CONQUER, is the main narrator.
Both Muslims and Christians believe in one God. They both believe that the one God is within everything and every one in the universe, and they both believe that the spirit of the one God is love. They both believe in the God of Moses and Noah. They both believe that Jesus came with a great message (I'll admit here that while Christians believe he died on the cross for our sins, Muslims believe that he did NOT die on the cross.) Muslims believe that the prophet Muhammad came with a great message, and in the christian bible, Jesus says that their will be another prophet (though the new prophet will not perform miracles, he will come as another teacher.)
There is a lot of speculation regarding the name of God, many Christians do not believe that we are allowed to know God's true name. For Muslims, they call God "Allah". Allah, from Arabic to English, translates to "God".
So in regards to Obama, I don't believe it matters whether he claims himself as a Muslim, a Christian a Jehovah's Witness or a member of the Nation of Gods and Earths, as mentioned before, it is his actions that will revealing this information to Us.
Does he break, or cause to be broken, any of the 10 commandments?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by prophetisback

Not very christian of you Mr. Luke Warm.

P.S. the bible is made up stories. A lot of it is non sense, but the part you keep quoting, Revelations, it is the most nonsense b.s. of the whole book.
edit on 5-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
The president is a Christian. Why people can't accept this is beyond me. However, his religion shouldn't matter as long it doesn't play a role in his economic or foreign policies.

He can be a Muslim, Christian, Jew, Atheist, Agonistic, Satanist, etc. I don't care. As long he does his job, I'm satisfied.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Question to the OP ... how is this 'breaking political news'??
He's claimed for decades to be a Christian.
Just because he comes out and turns up the campaign rhetoric of 'I'm a Christian' ...
that's not breaking news .. ya' know? It's just more of the same from him.

Originally posted by jibeho
It is my firm belief that Obama will say anything to illicit a desired response from a target audience.

I agree with you. I maintain that his religion is the same as the religion of most other politicians .. the religion of pander. Pandering to whoever is standing in front of you at the time. He's shown this. While in California he basically dis'd Christians. While in front of Christians he quotes the bible. He can chant the Muslim morning call to prayer and says it's one of the most beautiful sounds he knows (to paraphrase) but Christians believe the Muslim 'god' is a false god and wouldn't call anyone to prayer to a false god. (NO .. Muslims and Christians have different gods .. they aren't even close)

reply to post by alienreality

I agree with you. Black Liberation Theology isn't Christian.
ATS thread - Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

So folks .. if a 'church' near you said this was it's goals, would you consider it to be a Christian Church or a racist White Power poltiical cult ...??

1. Commitment to God
2. Commitment to the White Community
3. Commitment to the White Family
4. Dedication to the Pursuit of Education
5. Dedication to the Pursuit of Excellence
6. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
7. Commitment to Self-Discipline and Self-Respect
8. Disavowal of the Pursuit of "Middleclassness"
9. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community
10. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
11. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
12. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

And as a statement from one of the founders of the 'church' .... "White theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the white community. If God is not for us and against black people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him. The task of white theology is to kill Gods who do not belong to the white community ... White theology will accept only the love of God which participates in the destruction of the black enemy. What we need is the divine love as expressed in White Power, which is the power of white people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love."

If you replace the word 'white' with 'black' in both the list and the paragraph above .. you get Obama's black liberation theology cult. Sound like a Christian outlook to you? Not to me.

The black racist god of black liberation theology

Originally posted by randyvs
Oh and one poster wants an atheist President

I don't care about Christian v Atheist .. but I wouldn't mind a full out secular humanist!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

I think he is just an Agnostic/Atheist. As is likely with most politicians and presidents.
It is doubtful we will ever have a Christian pres.
I mean, I can say I am a Christian, but that doesn't make it true.
He can go to church, but lets be real.
Actions are a part of it too.
edit on 5-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality

He has openly mocked the bible. Shredded the constitution and bill of rights... Something a real Christian would never consider..

edit on 3-2-2011 by alienreality because: eta
[/quot

The constitution and bill of rights has nothing to do with the bible and or christianity. So your point is?

One of the principles the US was set up upon was religious freedom not christian freedom. Bearing that in mind then why should it matter what religion the president is?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
He's not a christian. A christian does not believe in or support abortion, period. He can call himself a christian, but he is just kidding himself, not God. what a phony.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Obama is a puppet and is/says/does whatever the teleprompters and prepared speeches tell him.

DId nobody else notice that throughout alomst the the speech he was either looking own at a prepared speech on the podium, or to the left or right, most likely at teleprompters?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Question to the OP ... how is this 'breaking political news'??
He's claimed for decades to be a Christian.
Just because he comes out and turns up the campaign rhetoric of 'I'm a Christian' ...
that's not breaking news .. ya' know? It's just more of the same from him.

I sincerely apologize if my forum choice does not meet your high standards.

Inasmuch as he spoke last week (breaking) at the NPB and he made a formal compelling public proclamation (news) that he accepts Jesus as his personal savior, I somehow felt it was apropos. But sorry.

I realize you are no fan of the man but not sure who, if anyone, you like. Except Ann Rand of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
haha, alot of people think they are christian, but i doubt they have the holy spirit

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
He's not a christian. A christian does not believe in or support abortion, period. He can call himself a christian, but he is just kidding himself, not God. what a phony.

You may be interested in considering this:

Herod was the ruler put in place by Ceasar. When he heard of the jesus, he set about murdering the children of the area. He killed 1000's.

Why is this relevant, you may ask. When Jesus was asked about taxes (something that funded the search and destroy of children) he said: give unto Ceasar what Ceasar is due and unto god what god is due

This could be seen as keep religion and politics separate and pay your taxes.

Just saying,
Gg
edit on 5-2-2011 by GrisGris because: Add link

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I sincerely apologize if my forum choice does not meet your high standards.

Snarky. I pointed out something very legitimate.
By the BOARDs STANDARDS - This is NOT 'breaking political news'.
It's just a re-hash of what has been discussed for years and years.
Supposedly he said something 'new'?? Not really!
It's just more pandering to the people now that he's a year and a half from the election.
This guy never stops campaigning.

I realize you are no fan of the man but not sure who, if anyone, you like. Except Ann Rand of course.

As to who I like in politics .. if someone comes up I'll be sure to alert you.
(I DID like Richardson (D-NM) .. but he blew it).
As to Ann Rand ... as I've said numerous times, I like Atlas Shrugged. I hated Fountainhead.
She makes good points in her books. Her view on violent degrading sex is very distrubing (and disturbed).

BTW .. you didn't answer my question ... if a white person belonged to a church that espoused those .. um .. 'values' and goals .. would it be a 'Christian church' or would it be a white power cult?? If you answer that it's a white power cult then you have to admit that Obama didn't belong to a 'Christian church' for those decades in Chicago, but instead belonged to a black power cult.

Good luck with that answer.

edit on 2/5/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed wording

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

A man can serve only one master, if politics is his master (God), then he is not christian.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by YeshuaWarrior
reply to post by GrisGris

A man can serve only one master, if politics is his master (God), then he is not christian.

So we both can look at this story and appreciate it from different perspectives. It is possible that our interpretations will change through time, like every church's beliefs have changed with the times.

the words remain the same but interpretations can vary greatly. Now, can we give some Christian leniency and not judge others.

Between you and the maker. He says he's Christian.

Gg
edit on 5-2-2011 by GrisGris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I am christian and have strong faith...my God is a peaceful, loving God who teaches and preaches tolerance of others no matter their faith. I do not claim to speak for him or to him directly, but I believe that I carry his spirit within me as do others.

Reading some of the posts by members on here...the worst sinners are the ones who feel that they speak directly for my Lord and feel that they can judge others in his name. All I can say is "Shame on you" and as a christian, I am embarrassed by this attitude.

I have many friends from many different religions...no particular belief is better than any other. As long as that belief makes you a better person to others and this world.

On a side note, Buddhism trumps us all...their belief system is awesome!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
BTW .. you didn't answer my question ... if a white person belonged to a church that espoused those .. um .. 'values' and goals .. would it be a 'Christian church' or would it be a white power cult?

I am puzzled as to why you insist on introducing race to the topic? As I stated in my OP, the purpose of the thread is to dispel the common myth that President Obama is a Muslim and present facts illustrating he is a Christian by his recent public proclamation.

What basic understanding I have of the Christian faith, I do seem to recall that the ticket for admission was simply to accept Jesus Christ as your savior. President Obama did just that and most recently in full public display. Granted, there is on going maintenance involved to be considered a "good" Christian but I'd suggest until he publicly renounces his affirmation he remains a Christian in good standing.

But I will make you a deal, if you'd like to start a thread rehashing Obama's past religious affiliations be my guest. Then you can bark out orders for those who disagree, in the meantime I choose to remain on topic.

Good day mam.
edit on 5-2-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join