It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oysters disappearing worldwide: study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Oysters disappearing worldwide: study

news.yahoo.com

A survey of oyster habitats around the world has found that the succulent mollusks are disappearing fast and 85 percent of their reefs have been lost due to disease and over-harvesting.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So we have the bees disappearing, the bats disapearing, frogs disapearing, birds dieing all over the world and now oysters. Whats next and what the hell is going on? I know the article says the oysters are disappearing because of disease and over harvesting but im not buying it. With all the other animals just suddenly "disappearing" or dieing, something else is going on.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Maybe animals are ascending to the 4th dimension.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
So long and thanks for all the fish... or plankton and algae in this case, comes to mind.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Scientist have been warning for years that more and more species are becoming extinct, it is just a matter of time until humans get their turn unless significant changes take place very soon.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

Don't forget Monsanto working towards destroying our crops. Also the news story of the dying wheat crops.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Maybe animals are ascending to the 4th dimension.

This is just the beginning of the world's 6th mass extinction events, but this time it isn't caused by some natural catastrophe but by us. It's us who need to ascend to that 4th dimension pretty damn quickly imo

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I know it's not funny and I totally agree with you that something is up in our universe. But, I did have a funny thought... Perhaps it's the rapture and the animals are the only PURE souls out there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's really no surprise Oysters are dying off.

They're filter feeders, so that means they filter the water and get their food that way.

With all the toxic crap being thrown into our seas daily, it's no surprise that the organisms that filter the water, will also be filtering the toxins in the water.

Expect other filter feeders to follow suit.

If you are into your seafood, pretty soon you're gonna be disappointed, cos there won't be any left.

Corexit is great stuff isn't it.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Oysters live in sand not reefs.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
It's really no surprise Oysters are dying off.

They're filter feeders, so that means they filter the water and get their food that way.

With all the toxic crap being thrown into our seas daily, it's no surprise that the organisms that filter the water, will also be filtering the toxins in the water.

Expect other filter feeders to follow suit.

If you are into your seafood, pretty soon you're gonna be disappointed, cos there won't be any left.

Corexit is great stuff isn't it.

The funny thing about that is that in the article, it says that the Gulf Coast has one of the best populations for oysters.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oysters attach themselves to rocks and reefs on the sea floor.
They virtually cement themselves to solid objects of any kind down there.
You are thinking of clams and other shelled sea animals.
There seems to still be plenty of oysters here on Vancouver island in the pacific NW.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I think there is a prophecy or prediction somewhere, about this, I am not talking the bible, something else, about when the animals begin to vanish, man would know it's time to prepare or something like that, was it Hopi? I am not sure, but this does not seem normal, yes I know some say it is because of the internet but, the internet has been around for ages, it is not something that was just invented yesterday, and people have been following things on the internet for a while now, why just now is it that there are massive die off's of animals, massive earthquakes, the hush hush up of incoming space rocks, a flurry of comets hitting our planet, several volcanic eruptions a month, world wide catastrophic flooding, major sink holes, wow the list goes on!
edit on 2/3/2011 by ISis12RA12ELohim because: Typo demons got me

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

I wonder when they made the statement that the Gulf had plenty of Oysters...before or after the oil leak.

new topics

top topics

join