It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talk Show Host: Obama Could be Impeached over Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by comody88

Well you could add that he canceled two visits to Australia. who are a close ally, but managed a trip to Indonesia..
Was taken as a slap in the face by many Aussies..
Worst part was he sent Hilary instead..yuk.....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Its an incredibly sad commentary that we even have to think in these terms, but the system has shown its dishonesty, deceit, flaws and faults so many times and so consistently how can we believe otherwise? Still, what can truly be done about it? I certainly am not willing to concede defeat without a fight, but really, what could be done and why aren't we doing it? If something can be done to create a more sensible and just government, ATS would definitely be the right place and the right people to start with. Realistically however, I seem to lose more faith every day.

Wish us luck.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This does not seem to make all that much sense being the protests are not limited to just Egypt. For this teory to hold water, then Obama would have to be involved in the protests un Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Saudi, Jordan etc etc etc.

In addition I have seen interviews by members of the Obama presidency urge for free democratic elections, directly appealing to the people of Egypt to not put another group in place tht will opress them just as bad as mubariks presidency.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

yes, but if we our oil companies hold onto our oil until it is much more scarce. they will be able to sell it for much much more!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by buttafuqua
Fail!!! Simple standard anti-Obama propaganda. Those that don't like him, think he is a subversive Islamic terrorist will continue to fabricate these stories, to simply continue to run his name through the mud. People that believe this stuff are for the most part the lowest common denominator when it comes to actual knowledge, or having done their own research. They hear something or read something on the internet, and blindly pass it along.

I get emails all the time, typically from racist old white men, that do have the intellect to appreciate how Obama is handling foreign policy. They fear him because he does not look like them, and does not talk like them, and he isn't a macho bully. He has improved our image on an international basis since taking office. For which these xenophobic, narrow minded people, will never appreciate. Because they will never leave the small towns, and backwater armpits of America where they learn these closed-minded, colloquial, mentalities.

Having traveled and studied abroad, it is shameful how disrespectful most Americans are to other cultures. I for one believe Obama is on a very slippery slope here, and has so far very nimbly navigated the mine field of this crisis. Show our leader some respect, and open your mind a bit to the reality of the world. It is nice to have an articulate leader, who is very calm and calculated in his decision-making. Unlike the brashness and ignorance, of our former John Wayne leader.
Wow all that talk and all you accomplished was to insult everyone who doesn't agree with you and if you really believe that the only reason people don't like Obama is because of his race you really need therapy and a dose of reality. What countries, exactly, has our image been improved since he took office? They wouldn't be Islamic countries would they? And by the way what you call calm and calculated, I call indecisive.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

This does not seem to make all that much sense being the protests are not limited to just Egypt. For this teory to hold water, then Obama would have to be involved in the protests un Tunisia, Algeria, Libya, Saudi, Jordan etc etc etc.

In addition I have seen interviews by members of the Obama presidency urge for free democratic elections, directly appealing to the people of Egypt to not put another group in place tht will opress them just as bad as mubariks presidency.

I agree!

but we shall see if "free democratic elections" actually happen!

and there is an "outside" chance this IS a concerted effort to "Islamify" (as in Iran) all those nations.

I wonder if the Mubarak "supporters" turned violent are really Egyptian nationals?

its all up to the behind-the-scenes financial groups anyway!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Who cares if Obama could be impeached? Why not today, huh? Surely, ancient Egypt wasn't "Muslim" in the first place. So why bother with religion (i.e. Muslim Brotherhood) as the next phase? Would there be a Muslim Sisterhood to be fair, too?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Who cares if Obama could be impeached? Why not today, huh? Surely, ancient Egypt wasn't "Muslim" in the first place. So why bother with religion (i.e. Muslim Brotherhood) as the next phase? Would there be a Muslim Sisterhood to be fair, too?

AhHa YaHA !!!!!

They're Heeeere ..... !

surprise surprise!

Radical "Muslim Sisterhood" uncovered in Egypt

A special women's unit within the banned radical group Muslim Brotherhood is operating in Egypt and possibly other Arab nations, according to a counterterrorism report obtained by the Terrorism Committee of the National Association of Chiefs of Police.

According to Middle East reports, the secret "sisterhood' is being likened to a group of female terror group members that operated in the 1960s, especially in operations targeting Israel.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Radical "Muslim Sisterhood" uncovered in Egypt - National Law Enforcement | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com...

www.islamicawakening.com...

Careful what ya wish for!

NOW WHAT !!!!!!!

edit on 3-2-2011 by xuenchen because: Great Scott !!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by RustyShakleford92

It's only going to be a $10 a gallon gas warning if the USA loses control over the Suez Canal. Trust me, the US wants the current Egyptian president in power until they can pull their strings with the upcoming candidates and make sure they aren't going to lose control over the Suez Canal. The people of Egypt obviously want him gone NOW, but the USA is saying "not so fast, we have to be sure about the future of the Suez Canal"

Obama is not backing anyone except the Egyptian government.

Don't hold your breath on that hope.

edit on 3-2-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
She is crazy...

Let us remind ourselves of what it takes to impeach a public official:

The How

Article I, Section 2: The House of Representatives...shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

Article I, Section 3: The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

The Who

Article II, Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Article I, Section 3: Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

This is just in case there is any question as to who qualifies for an impeachment
Article VI, Clause 3: The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution.

The What And this is very key!

Article II, Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

What is exactly treason? I am glad you asked!
Article III, Section 3: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

What is she getting at? While I don't like the man's policies or politics I have yet to see him commit treason, be accused of bribery, commit a high crime or misdemeanors.

She is just bat crazy looking for ratings.....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by comody88

I respect anyone who has a differing view of my own. I could also see how someone may say that Obama is indecisive. I did not say that everyone who does not support the president is dumb, or wrong in their view. My only point is that a lot of people who do not support the president, does not, because he is not white. Take it for what you will, as again this is my opinion. I also think those same people, are collectively some of the most ignorant, and easily misled sections of American society.

They grow up in small towns, where their families never leave, and do not get to meet other Americans that may not look like them, let alone people from around the world who have completely different world views. This breeds further ignorance, and fear, which in turns breeds hate. They are so isolated from others that they do not realize just how narrow-minded they have become.

I know this because I have encountered them in my life, and it appears that they are the same ones that are the "birthers" and the ones that forward me e-mails about how the president is doing this, that or the other thing. I am thinking about starting a thread that will detail all of the failed predictions that were made about the president since he took office. It really becomes ridiculous, and I personally think it speaks to people who are intolerant, and in general racist.

The door swings both ways though. I can remember liberals talking as if Bush was the next Hitler, and how he was going to call off the election, and he was going to declare martial law, etc. I just wish that people that come out with these sensational headlines, and who blindly forward what is most likely completely false information, take a good look at themselves in the mirror, and ask themselves why is it that they believe this to be true? Is it because you just don't like the person, and you are trying to tarnish their image? Or do you really believe that this is his intention. My guess is that if you were able to look at yourself objectively you would come to realize that your dislike of our president, is because you fear what you do not know.

I think at the end of the day, he is our president, and I was taught to respect our leader, and if you going to come out with preposterous statements about our leader, you best have your facts, or a persuasive argument. Simply just spreading the untruths, creates cracks within our American fabric which binds us together as a nation. It is destructive to our future and needs to stop. He is doing the best he can during a most challenging time, and I for one would like to hear more people who support our president to step up and start to shout down the shill baseless fabrications of the far right wing crack pots, who are actually not representative of our country.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by comody88
Obama spent over three years in Indonesia when he was a child. His stepfather was muslim and Indonsia has one of the largest populations of muslims in the world. This had to have an impact on him one way or another.

This argument is just... Well, let me put it this way. I have spent over 50 years in a country that has a HUGE Christian population. My mother AND father were both devout Christians and I was totally immersed in Christianity as a child with NO other influence to balance it out. . Everywhere I look is Christianity, even in my government, ALL my life. But does that mean I am a Christian? NO! Not even close! Spending 3 years as a child in Indonesia means NOTHING.

There's one word this radio show host uses over and over again... IF.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by buttafuqua

I get emails all the time, typically from racist old white men, that do have the intellect to appreciate how Obama is handling foreign policy. They fear him because he does not look like them, and does not talk like them, and he isn't a macho bully. He has improved our image on an international basis since taking office. For which these xenophobic, narrow minded people, will never appreciate. Because they will never leave the small towns, and backwater armpits of America where they learn these closed-minded, colloquial, mentalities.

Well, excuuuuse me, Mr. I've traveled abroad and Americans are mean! I live in a very small town... a "backwater armpit of America" such as you say, and I voted for this idiot. Now I feel like the idiot! I also happen to be one of the most open-minded people I know, and yes, I've done my fair share of travelling. Probably more than most! Yes, there are people like you suggest, but it never fails to piss me off how people lump all of us "small town, backwater people" into one little stereotypical, ignorant group! I would sure like to know how you think he has improved our image? I expected him to be a good president, but wow, was I ever wrong! And that has nothing to do with where he was born (although we'll probably never know where he was born!), the color of his skin, or anything else! Would someone else have done better? I doubt it. But I, for one, don't appreciate being grouped with the prejudiced, scum of the earth bigots, just because of where I live! I have no desire to move out of my little small town and my mentality is just fine, thankyouverymuch! It is people, such as you, who put everyone into little stereotypical groups that are ignorant and closed-minded. Not all of us are they way you assume.

I'm very well aware that you may not have meant to insult EVERYONE who doesn't choose to move out of small town America, but it sure sounded like it.

Now, I'm stepping off my soap box. Think before you spew ignorance.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I knew my book learning would pay off. Yes, the Know Nothings were kind of like Sgt. Schultz when asked what they knew about their party..."I know nothing. Nothing!"

Well, I kind of had a play on that with the KN Party, so maybe it's the New Know Nothings And We're Proud of It; or the Party of Opinions Only; or the Sensationalist Party, attempting to divide the country into rational versus irrational, ignorant versus knowledgeable.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I wonder if the Mubarak "supporters" turned violent are really Egyptian nationals?

A very good question... I know there have been reports that the Prison escape that occured was supposedly done on the orders of Mubarik. The theory is people would demand security forces to protect against the criminals.

The same theory is being put forward about the incident at the Museum.

Its is intresting that the countries where the demonstrations are breaking out are some of the more less hardline countries (friendly to the West).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join