It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a black market for o.b. tampons (for reals)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There's a black market for o.b. tampons (for reals)

money.cnn.com

Women nationwide are searching high and low for a special kind of tampon that has been missing from shelves since the fall.

In January, Johnson & Johnson (JNJ, Fortune 500) said its mysteriously absent o.b. tampons had started being shipped to retailers, but that there could be a delay of weeks or days before they reached the stores.

The company also gave no explanation as to why the tampons -- which have a cult-like following thanks to their sma
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Obviously there is a shortage of this particular brand of tampon. Is it because it is an extremely good product?
Is it a ploy used by manufacturers of items wanted around the holidays to increase demand?
Is it a recall linked to some sort of medical reason?
Are menstrual flows increasing to the point that manufacturers can't keep up?

I don't understand how a shortage of tampons may take weeks to fix.

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2011 by withopeneyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One thing many don't consider as a use for tampons is plugging a bullet wound. If they are becoming scarce, it would be prudent to buy what you can just in case. My response is probably more prudent in the Survival forum but hope I was on topic.

I have no personal needs for tampons so don't really pay attention to the brands. While I've heard this rumor about a shortage as well as exorbitant prices being paid on eBay for them, it seems that the story may be one to stay abreast of.

One thing most people overlook when stocking for SHTF are toiletries. If you overlook this, you'd better stock up on catalogs and prepare yourself for the *change* associated with running out of these items.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

There are two threads on this already from over a week ago.

It's been going on for months.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by robinthehood
Hmmm....
Something definitely smells fishy here.

Oh my......don't say it WOE. Mustn't go there.
Fun aside, I'm asking a real question. Why would there be a shortage? Has anybody heard anything about this?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by robinthehood

was that pun intended? hahaha

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by withopeneyes

IMO, I hate this non-applicator brand. But just saw them the other day at the store for double the price of others. Infact I don't know anyone who even uses the brand, so I dont know why there would be a shortage..

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are a lot of these tampon threads, but I think that we need to shift focus. It is now being postulated that these "disappeared" tampons may have actually been commissioned for use in an emergency event. Such as with FEMA's bid for MREs. Is it possible that the gov't is stocking up on commodities as a precaution for this unknown event we ATSers are very nervous about?

top topics

join