It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids - Part 2 - The Pyramids as Electrical Generators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
As I mentioned in the first thread, Egytpian Pyramids - one possible use I have also been working on a thread about the Pyramids as electrical generator. I will admit upfront, I did not take this topic too seriously, as I personally believed it may have been a little to far ahead of their time. However, through my investigation, I believe this is now to be considered a serious inquiry and I hope I will be able to convince you as well to atleast the possibility. Through my investigation, and recent developments, I also believe the pyramids could also have been used to effect the weather and create rain/thunderstorms as we see with this recent yet simple technology.
UAE announces weather control technology

The first thing we need to become familiar with, if you arent already is the baghdad battery.
Baghdad Battery
which is believed to be a very primitive battery would of required an acidic liquid such as vinegar or citrus to power.
Although the amount of current provided is very minimal, it does give us pause to question how much exactly the ancients understood about electricity. This object tell us they did!

Not to get ahead of myself, but here is a carving which some interpret as an ancient lightbulb.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ccdd407bf46.jpg[/atsimg]
I will admit there is a lot of controversy around this image. However teams have proven that this form of lihtbulb could work. People also argue as to why the pyramids show a lack of soot from burning torches.

First, I need to provide some background evidence and technology for alternative or not so well known methods for capturing energy.

Electrodynamic Tether

Electrodynamic tethers are long conducting wires, such as one deployed from a tether satellite, which can operate on electromagnetic principles as generators, by converting their kinetic energy to electrical energy, or as motors, converting electrical energy to kinetic energy.[1] Electric potential is generated across a conductive tether by its motion through the Earth's magnetic field...

An electrodynamic tether is attached to an object, the tether being oriented at an angle to the local vertical between the object and a planet with a magnetic field. When the tether cuts the planet's magnetic field, it generates a current, and thereby converts some of the orbiting body's kinetic energy to electrical energy. As a result of this process, an electrodynamic force acts on the tether and attached object, slowing their orbital motion. The tether's far end can be left bare, making electrical contact with the ionosphere. Functionally, electrons flow from the space plasma into the conductive tether

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d824af0cd048.jpg[/atsimg]

The tether system comprises a deployer from which a conductive tether having a bare segment extends upward from space object. The positively biased anode end of tether collects electrons from the ionosphere as space object moves in direction across the Earth's magnetic field. These electrons flow through the conductive structure of the tether to the power system interface.

Electrical Conduction - Fortunately, the Earth's magnetosphere is not "empty", and, in near-Earth regions (especially near the Earth's atmosphere) there exist highly electrically conductive plasmas which are kept partially ionized by solar radiation or other radiant energy. The electron and ion density varies according to various factors, such as the location, altitude, season, sunspot cycle, and contamination levels. It is known that a positively charged bare conductor can readily remove free electrons out of the plasma. Thus, to complete the electrical circuit, a sufficiently large area of UNINSULATED CONDUCTOR is needed at the UPPER, positively charged end of the tether, thereby permitting current to flow through the tether. However, it is more difficult for the opposite (negative) end of the tether to eject free electrons or to collect positive ions from the plasma. It is plausible that, by using a VERY LARGE COLLECTION AREA AT ONE END OF THE TETHER, enough ions can be collected to permit significant current through the plasma.

Is it possible that the Pyramids could have interacted with the atmosphere in the same manner as a tether, soaking up electricity? There is conjecture that the pyramids may have had a gold capstone which would be highly conductive, and then limestone shell for a base, which would have been the large shielded portion.
However, The potential to generate energy increases the higher off the ground we are, since our ionosphere blocks a lot of these high energy particles from getting into out atmosphere - think Northern Lights. But could it have been a passive generator?

Tesla - WardenCliffe tower
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f26200c7532.jpg[/atsimg]

Over a period of several years the men had managed to assemble the framework and wiring for the 187-foot-tall Wardenclyffe Tower, in spite of severe budget shortfalls and a few engineering snags. The project was overseen by its designer, the eccentric-yet-ingenious inventor Nikola Tesla (10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943). Atop his tower was perched a fifty-five ton dome of CONDUCTIVE metals, and beneath it stretched an iron root system that penetrated more than 300 feet into the Earth’s crust.

In 1891, Nikola Tesla gave a lecture for the members of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers in New York City, where he made a striking demonstration. In each hand he held a gas discharge tube, an early version of the modern fluorescent bulb. The tubes WERE NOT connected to any wires, but nonetheless they glowed brightly during his demonstration. Tesla explained to the awestruck attendees that the electricity was being TRANSMITTED THROUGH THE AIR by the pair of metal sheets which sandwiched the stage. He went on to speculate how one might increase the scale of this effect to transmit wireless power and information over a broad area, perhaps even the entire Earth. As was often the case, Tesla’s audience was engrossed but bewildered.

In essence, Tesla’s global power grid was designed to “pump” the planet with electricity which would intermingle with the natural TELLURIC CURRENTS(more on this further in) that move throughout the Earth’s crust and oceans. At the same time, towers like the one at Wardenclyffe would fling columns of raw energy skyward into the electricity-friendly ionosphere fifty miles up. To tap into this energy conduit, customers’ homes would be equipped with a buried ground connection and a relatively small spherical antenna on the roof, thereby creating a low-resistance path to close the giant Earth-ionosphere circuit.

Could we have seen the same principle at work in egypt? I wouldnt go as far as to say they installed lights everywhere in the city, quite the contrary. I believe this was a well guarded technology and was reserved for the elite. It may have only been used to electrify the pyramids, or a few royal houses. Im trying to say I know what happened, or how it happened, but I never doubt the cleverness of my fellow man.

Revelant? Patent - Ionosphereic Battery

Telluric Currents, the natural environment, and thier interaction with man made systems
Telluric Currents

A telluric current (from Latin tellūs, "earth") is an electric current which moves underground or through the sea. Telluric currents result from both natural causes and human activity, and the discrete currents interact in a complex pattern. The currents are extremely low frequency and travel over large areas at or near the surface of Earth...

elluric currents are phenomena observed in the Earth's crust and mantle. In September 1862, an experiment to specifically address Earth currents was carried out in the Munich Alps (Lamont, 1862). The currents are primarily induced by changes in the outer part of the Earth's magnetic field, which are usually caused by interactions between the solar wind and the magnetosphere or solar radiation effects on the ionosphere. Telluric current activity is related to thunderstorms, and recent research indicates that by causing accumulation of electrical charge on the Earth's surface, they play a vital role in turning a rain shower into a thunder storm. Telluric currents flow in the surface layers of the earth. The electric potential on the Earth's surface can be measured at different points, enabling us to calculate the magnitudes and directions of the telluric currents and thence the Earth's conductance. These currents are known to have diurnal characteristics wherein the general direction of flow is towards the sun. Telluric currents will MOVE BETWEEN EACH HALF OF THE TERRESTRIAL GLOBE AT ALL TIMES. Telluric currents move equator-ward (daytime) and pole-ward (nighttime).

Which I find quite interesting considering the proximity of the Pyramids to the equator. Being relatively new to the idea of Telluric Currents i decided to do some more research. I was able to find a map of these currents.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/badf9ac30268.jpg[/atsimg]

notice one of the major lines cuts right through the Egyptian area, as shown by the red dots. This line is a little harder to see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcb268b0545b.jpg[/atsimg]

the earth has electric currents and circuits flowing on and below its surface. these are called telluric currents. they were used to power "earth batteries" and as a free power source for the old telegraph systems and railway communications

Earth Batteries

One of the earliest examples of an earth battery was built by Alexander Bain in 1841 in order to drive a prime mover. Bain buried plates of zinc and copper in the ground about one meter apart and used the resulting voltage, of about one volt, to operate a clock. Carl Friedrich Gauss, who had researched Earth's magnetic field, and Karl A. von Steinheil, who built one of the first electric clocks and developed the idea of an "Earth return" or "ground return", had previously investigated such devices. Daniel Drawbaugh received U.S. Patent 211,322 for an Earth battery for electric clocks (with several improvements in the art of Earth batteries) The Earth battery, in general, generated power for early telegraph transmissions and formed part of a tuned circuit that amplified the signalling voltage over long distances...

It had been long known that continuous electric currents flowed through the solid and liquid portions of the Earth, and the collection of current from an electrically conductive medium in the absence of electrochemical changes (and in the absence of a thermoelectric junction) was established by Lord Kelvin (kelvin scale)...

To obtain the natural electricity, experimenters would thrust two metal plates into the ground at a certain distance from each other in the direction of a magnetic meridian, or astronomical meridian. The stronger currents flow from SOUTH TO NORTH. This phenomenon possesses a considerable uniformity of current strength and voltage. As the Earth currents flow from south to north, electrodes are positioned, beginning in the south and ending in the north, to increase the voltage at as large a distance as possible.

It has been found that all the common metals behave relatively similarly. The two spaced electrodes, having a load in an external circuit connected between them, are disposed in an electrical medium, and energy is imparted to the medium in such manner that "free electrons" in the medium are excited. The free electrons then flow into one electrode to a greater degree than in the other electrode, thereby causing electric current to flow in the external circuit through the load.

I liked the part about the north and south, considering the extreme alignment the pyramids have to n/s.
Could the Pyramids have acted as an archaic earth battery?

Capacitors

A capacitor (formerly known as condenser) is a passive electronic component consisting of a pair of conductors separated by a dielectric (insulator). When there is a potential difference (voltage) across the conductors, a static electric field develops in the dielectric that stores energy and produces a mechanical force between the conductors. An ideal capacitor is characterized by a single constant value, capacitance, measured in farads. This is the ratio of the electric charge on each conductor to the potential difference between them.

Cheap and Simple Water Capacitor - Cool

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28c4f82ad041.jpg[/atsimg]

What Im trying to show are all the alternative methods we know of for capturing and storing energy, which can be accomplished (although inefficiently) with very simple and common materials, all of which were capable, if we consider the Egyptians had the intelligence to build the Pyramids in the first place. Another piece of information I wish I could show is, how exactly the landscape in the area has changed since the last ice age happened in terms of how close the pyramids were to large bodies of water. We know the nile provided an extremely close source of fresh water. There is currently a salt water lake roughly 40 miles from Cairo called the Great Bitter Lake. We have to understand that since the time the pyramids were used, the landscape and geography may have changed to much for us to make sense of it all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cbe77c7f333.jpg[/atsimg]

As I stated in the beginning, I was very skeptical about the pyramids being generators. After I did the research, and learned a few things, I believe it was well within the grasp of this intelligent society. I must admit I am very uneducated in the electrical sciences, And I hope more qualified people can also comment on this thread and the possibility of it all. Could the 3 different pyramids have been used together utilizing different technologies? could one of the pyramids be used as a capacitor to store energy while others collected it? In my mind I can imagine many different possibilities and setups which could utilize all the various resources at their disposal.

Could the pyramids even have been used as Weather modification Tools as shown here- to help create rain storms?
UAE announces weather control tech to create storms
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fabd53707bb.jpg[/atsimg]
Lightning Captured as Energy Source

On top of helping to create storms(lightning), were the pyramids capable of capturing the energy in lightning and store it in a capacitor? It would be interesting to see the pyramids working as a system, one helping to induce electrical storms, and another to capture that energy. When you start thinking about the possibilities, you cant help but wonder!

So what do you think ATS?

Is it possible?

If you enjoyed the post, check out the blog in my sig!
edit on 2/2/2011 by VonDoomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Well its well known fact that the egyptians were the first ones who made electricity.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Amazing post! You have done some serious research on this subject.
The pyramids being used as an Earth Battery is almost mind blowing.
Maybe the Epyptians used large Baghdad Batteries to store current generated by the Pyramids and ran their lights (and possibly other things as well) from the stored current.

Your post is thought provoking and very well done!
Thank you!
S&F!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardwolf

Thank you!

I found the topic very interesting, so the research felt like it was quick!
I think this stuff is very relevant to today, considering how the world is due to the energy "crisis".
There really is no energy crisis when you think it through. The crisis is only in our inability to change!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thank you VonDoomen for another well presented, researched & interesting thread. I believe that the Egyptions did have a comprehension of electricity & other technologies that have since their day been lost (or hidden by governments) & are waiting to be re-discovered.

I am no electrical expert myself either but the evidence that you present is astounding & points in the direction that this race were far more advanced than our historical writers, scientists give them credit for. I believe also though that ignorance plays a big part in why so much truth is buried & also fear of rocking the boat of history (so to speak) stops a lot of the truth from comming out.

I have always been facinated by the pyramids but as of yet have not visited & may not get a chance to for a while considering the way things are at the moment out there. I will keep up to date on this very interesting thread & if I form any educated opinions I will gladly post them.

S&Fs to you, you are a real asset to ATS & are well respected.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thanks for the thread.

Found this on Gizmag:

www.gizmag.com...

It would be the incarnation of what you wrote.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flk1331

Your exactly right, the reincarnation of the pyramids ha! Thank you for sharing that, I would have added it to the end of my post If i was aware of it! Heres from the link

The Land Art Generator Initiative (LAGI) is a competition that challenges entrants to think outside the box to create functional yet beautiful renewable energy generation facilities. First prize has just been awarded to such a submission, but this one thinks outside the pyramid. The Lunar Cubit concept design consists of nine pyramids made from solar panels in a configuration modeled on the Great Pyramid of Cheops in Giza. The pyramids would not only be capable of providing electricity to 250 homes, but are also designed to serve as a lunar calendar.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa5bc796c859.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theguygeeza

Thank you for the input, it is greatly appreciated. And Im glad you found that my theory resonates with you.

Lets just hope Egypts historical record can be preserved through this turmoil!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

No soot? The Egyptians used oil-burning lamps...so many that museums have thousands of them in storage. Oil-burning lamps don't generate a lot of black smoke or cause soot.

There's a reason the Baghdad Batteries are named after Baghdad....it's some 800 miles away from Cairo, Egypt.

The Egyptians weren't the only culture or civilisation in the world to be working with copper. They had access to 'lodestones' too. Basically, they had all the materials available to create electro-magnetic generators (dynamos) from copper wire and magnets.

If your idea that the pyramids (over a hundred from Egypt to Sudan) were 'electrical generators' is realistic, they must have known all about magnetic forces and electricity.Faraday was over 2000 years too late.

Let's say they knew all this...why did they build 2million ton monuments to generate electricity when they could have coiled copper wire around lodestones?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes I am aware the Baghdad battery was found in... baghdad. I believe that is actually why they named it that.
The point I was trying to show is that our ancient ancestors had some comprehension of electricity. And we would be unwise to think there was no interaction with the 2 locations.

And as for building the monuments- If you read thread 1 you will see I state they are obviously multi-purposed.

Also, wouldnt a bigger capacitor hold more charge?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
thank you so much OP i read your first thread about pyramids, and now this second theory is just amazing, what can i say?

i was just curios to ask will you be making any/many more? this stuff is incredible, i am most interested and focused into the 'theory' about sound, vibrations and what they can harness from this ie. to power/refuel there space craft. might sound crazy but... not EVERYONE knows, i guess.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Further, the Baghdad batteries weren't batteries.
They are holy jars that were used to contain important religious texts.

The so called light bulb is pat of the creation story of snakes, and those lotus flower balls.

As far as it goes, there is a fair bit of evidence of soot in the pyramids.
An example here being from the Red Pyramid:

edit on 3-2-2011 by RuneSpider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Again, those are certainly good theories. However, I wouldnt be so quick to say they are 100% true.

We should all realize when people use artwork for words, sometimes we can confuse the meaning.

All conjecture, just like my OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Or y'know... the fact that next to these panels are a list of hieroglyphs which detail what is going on in the panels sort of makes it's case.
They did not use art for language, the glyphs are alphabetic, it's one of the reasons they were so difficult to translate.
The only real problem with them is that they didn't have many vowels, but it was a well established writing system. You had the holy form, which was the very precise version you see all over the web, and a form meant more for quick writing, basically like cursive or shorthand.

What's interesting is we do have some idea what it sounded like, as Coptic Christianity still uses the words, which were transliterated into Greek letters when they were no longer allowed to use hieroglyphs.

Catchpenny does a pretty good job of explaining it.

Ancient Egypt Online
Contains the myth.

To add to it, there's no evidence of light bulbs, of filaments, the ability to create a vacuum, any evidence of wiring... ect.

The so called Baghdad batteries are not batteries.
Chiefly, the way they are sealed would have prevented you from being able to draw a charge.

It's also worth noting the batteries were from around 220 to 260 BC, well post dating the pyramids.

Even if they were batteries, attempting to tie them to the Pyramids, which were built around 4000 BC, or to the Egyptians themselves, as Egypt fell to the Assyrians nearly 400 years previous tot eh objects.

edit on 3-2-2011 by RuneSpider because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

It's been proven that they can create and hold a small amount of electricity. Could sealing one contain the charge that was already there? If they were not batteries then what possible use could they have served?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

No offense, but when you link something you should probably read it:

From Wikipedia:
Skeptical archaeologists see the electrical experiments as embodying a key problem with experimental archaeology, saying that such experiments can only show that something was physically possible, but don't confirm whether it actually occurred. Further, there are many difficulties with the interpretation of these artifacts as galvanic cells[citation needed]:

* the bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design;
* there are no wires or conductors with them;
* no widely accepted electrical equipment is associated with them. (Controversial stone reliefs depicting arc lights have been suggested, however the voltages obtained are orders of magnitude below what would be needed to produce arc lighting);
* a bitumen seal, being thermoplastic, is excellent for forming a hermetic seal for long term storage. It would be extremely inconvenient however for a galvanic cell, which would require frequent topping up of the electrolyte (if they were intended for extended use).

The artifacts strongly resemble another type of object with a known purpose—namely, storage vessels for sacred scrolls from nearby Seleucia on the Tigris. Those vessels do not have the outermost clay jar, but are otherwise almost identical. Since it is claimed these vessels were exposed to the elements, it would not be at all surprising if any papyrus or parchment inside had completely rotted away, perhaps leaving a trace of slightly acidic organic residue.

Again, I'm not trying to be offensive, but that was right on your link.
That same page has a pretty healthy explanation for both sides.
Personally, I remember the Mythbusters episode where they ran into the same problems listed on the Wikipedia page.
It would not contain a charge, the charge would be produced as long as the two chemicals are reacting, when it stops, the charge dissipates. So for that type of cell as suggested, you'd have to keep topping it off, otherwise it'd dissipate.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes I read it and both sides do have a legitmate argument. It does however work to electroplate metal, yes you would have to keep it full of juice. The design flaw with the cap could be easily solved by exposing the tip of the metal rod so that a wire if one existed, could be attached by some means. The cap is made from tar right? Well tar is very malleable and over the centuries it could have been mashed or marred in some way, covering the rod. Copper wire existed back then too. It was produced and used to make jewelry among other things. The Ancients didn't throw away useful resources, so any "wiring" was probably re-smelted for other purposes. I am not sure the Battery had any use to the Ancients at all, how would they have figured out how to electroplate metal anyway?! maybe as one ATS'er put it in another thread it was just a toy or novelty item. All I am saying is that it does work and it is ancient, they had it so it must have been used in some way.

Here grab this wire, BUZZZZT! Ouch!
Ha ha I tricked you!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It does however work to electroplate metal, yes you would have to keep it full of juice.

It does, providing you make certain changes.
The copper itself is fully insulated as found, meaning you wouldn't be able to draw a charge from it, unless that is changed. Again, this puts it similar to the religious jars that are recovered in other sites, and which the Baghdad batteries were actually recognized as until someone had an idea of how it could work as a battery.

Which is sort of the point of the critique, just because you CAN make something work one way, doesn't mean that is it's original function.
For an extreme example, you can make a lawn mower fly, but that doesn't prove it was designed to fly.

The Ancients didn't throw away useful resources, so any "wiring" was probably re-smelted for other purposes.

Actually, they were quite wasteful, when you get down to it.

Even if they weren't, you'd still expect to find something.
If it was used for electroplating, for example, where are the materials that were electroplated?

All I am saying is that it does work and it is ancient, they had it so it must have been used in some way.

And what I'm returning is that we know it's the same as jars used for the storage of religious texts.
Like several objects that are regarded as OOPARTs, people looking from our frame of reference regard them as looking like batteries.
Then people took them and worked out how, if you make some slight changes, they would work as batteries.
That in no way proves they were batteries, to me it's a strike against.
Having already known artifacts that are well documented would be another strike against.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Lets not forget the age of this stuff, how it could of been affected by age, the lack of a plethora of examples.
not to mention this country has at many times been combed over by looters.

the problem with this stuff is it happened so long ago that we cant really say 100% what happened or what was.

You need to remember, a lot of this stuff on both sides are opinions by people, and how many other people back them up.

I will still stand by my opinion. i have put a forth a lot of evidence of whats possible. I think the area needs more research.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It does look like a scroll jar, exactly like one minus the lid but what was the Copper cylinder, capped with Bitumen with an Iron rod inserted though it used for?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42caf147b0c3.jpg[/atsimg]

The Copper cylinder and Bitumen stopper resembles vessels that contained sacred texts found nearby in Selelucia on the Tigris but minus one important part, the clay jar. In which an Acidic residue was found. Yes the residue could have been from decayed papyrus but it also could have been from an acidic juice as well.

No other vessel has been found that contained all the parts plus a clay jar and a scroll inside.

I stand by my belief that this is indeed an ancient form of battery that was used for either religious experience, healing or electroplating or like I said earlier as a joke.

We can bounce links, facts, speculations and beliefs around all day but it doesn't make one of us right or wrong. No one really knows what this thing is.
This artifact is an enigma.

I must apologize to the OP because this has gotten completely off topic. Let's discuss this further in a thread dedicated to it.
I end my discussion of the "Baghdad Battery" here.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join