It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Pyramids - Part 2 - The Pyramids as Electrical Generators

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wardwolf

Thanks wardwolf for the good post!

Like I said, a lot of this stuff is interpretation, and just because some really smart scientist is extremely sure of his opinion, it doesnt automatically make it right.
theres so much stuff thats happened in the last couple thousands years to think we could fully understand this culture. Theres just to many mysteries

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Yes, but in the case where we have a panel full of writing detailing what is occurring in the panel next to it, like we have in the case at the Dendera temple, we can have a good understanding of what it is detailing.
The translation work is pretty good, we can read and understand what the ancients meant.
The equivalent would be looking at something like the stages of the cross in Christian Churches, where underneath each image they detail what is occurring in the scene.

Lets not forget the age of this stuff, how it could of been affected by age, the lack of a plethora of examples.
not to mention this country has at many times been combed over by looters.

Yet we find unopened tombs with some amount of regularity, an example being the workers tombs found recently.
King Tut's tomb when found by Howard Carter and George Herbert.
We find hammers, tools, jewelry, carved reliefs.... but only occasionally a very few items or carvings that, if you don't want to include the context or examinations of the mentioned, give credence to ideas like what you've offered.

I will still stand by my opinion. i have put a forth a lot of evidence of whats possible. I think the area needs more research.

Well, what exactly have you provided?

And I mean this politely, so please don't read anything else into it.
Your chief evidence, is a single panel from the Dendera temple, and the Baghdad batteries.
Neither of which definitely offer any evidence and instead have been fairly solidly explained in what you'd call mainstream studies

In other words, lots of suppositions, but no meat.

Like I said, a lot of this stuff is interpretation, and just because some really smart scientist is extremely sure of his opinion, it doesnt automatically make it right.

Who's the scientist?

You have the Dendera panel, which includes hieroglyphs which explains what the mural is depicting.

You have the so called batteries, which resemble closely known religious jars of the area.
It's true whether you trust the people studying it or not.

Anyway, that's it for me at the moment, except for one more thing:

theres so much stuff thats happened in the last couple thousands years to think we could fully understand this culture. Theres just to many mysteries

How much time have you spent studying Egypt, and where?

The only difference is the outer clay jar, not the inner jar.
The scrolls were wrapped around a center piece, the more important the scroll the more value was placed on it, thus the metal. Some used just hardened clay or wood.
I don't know the specifics about this one, but from the appearance it looks like it was a piece of iron driven through a wooden dowel, with the dowel covered in a sheath of copper. Don't know for sure, but I've seen similar ones displayed at museums.

They were sealed inside the jars to keep them safe and preserved, the seal could be broken later to pull them out.
There are jars that have two jars, with one on the inside and one outer, the link merely is saying that they are not known from that particular area.

Saying that two jars automatically makes it a strange device is well... sort of weak.

I end my discussion of the "Baghdad Battery" here.

Fair enough.
I don't think we were to far off topic, personally though.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I will respond in full after class. However, I would like to point how few quality threads you have started. You mostly post here. If you don't like my work, then go write your own counter argument. I just find it kind of annoying. Ive listened to your opinions. I've heard them all before they are not new. But like I said in the op, I don't claim to know for a fact what happened.nim only offering up theories, considiering this is a conspiracy theory site. Also, the telluric currents, the fact they run through Cairo, and the earth batteries, the salt water lakes nearby, that is all factual info. But like I said,it's a lot easier to bash other peoples threads than to take the time and chance of posting your own.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I didn't want to discuss the Baghdad Battery further because it doesn't add to the main topic of this thread.

I did say the clay jar was the main difference.
It's worded oddly, my fault of course.

As far as anything that has been brought in to this discussion being weak, we have only tried to add to the main topic of this thread which is, correct me if I'm wrong here, "One possible use of the Pyramids".

edit on 3-2-2011 by Wardwolf because: Typos

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Rune, this is something I had to explain to someone else in my first thread about the pyramids.

Yes, there is an establishment which says "what is, and what isnt" and there is lots of evidence to back up these things. But as a true scientist we always need to question these BOUNDARIES and attempt to examine other possibilities. If you believe that historians know 100% accurately what happened at this time then you are welcome to believe that. I however will still contend that we do not know everything. Everyone knows how much knowledge has been intentionally destroyed between our two time periods. Do you think only historical records were destroyed? NO! It was a common practice to destroy whatever could be destroyed. So not only are we working on lost information, but we are lacking a lot of physical information to. And who knows what items could be in private/illegal collections? The truth has been actively hidden, so we must actively pursue recovering it. Sitting around and waiting for your elders to do it just doesnt cut it anymore. And your arguement neglects the theory that the pyramids belonged to a civilization much older than egypt. Can you honestly say you have done the work to prove 100% without a doubt that this is not the case? Because I bet you have not!

The difference between you and me is you claim to know what happened N-thousand years ago.
I dont! I had a member from my previous thread ask me to do a thread about this. As i mentioned in the beginning, i was somehwat reluctant to do so, as I wasnt really interested in my theory. So i went out, and found the most passive ways that energy could be harnessed from the surroundings.

You are here arguing to me that whoever built this-v

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cbe77c7f333.jpg[/atsimg]

Could not have built this?-v

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5fc6bfd75ec5.jpg[/atsimg]

Are you also asking me to believe that this artifact which was dated to around 400 years after the pyramids, was the first or only one created?

We also know that the egyptians supposedly carve over heiroglyphs.

Ever since we have been "civilized" we have always had "leaders". Information was much much much less democraticized back then. Are we to believe no group has ever wanted to cover trails and destroy information about our past? Because we know that happened many times with the catholic church. And that was not a new behavior when the church did it.

well i think ive said about enough. I dont really want to argue anymore about how mainstream historians will view my theory or i would be on a different website alltogether. Id much rather discuss what other possibilities are out there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Hey wardwolf
So I was doing some more research. I checked out the satellite loop for egypt right now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34bf0e156f2b.gif[/atsimg]

It looks to me as if the weather patterns could be bringing in moisture from the mediterranean sea.

Now, the Med is a salt water body. Meaning It would be highly ionic. Upon more research I found even better news.

Med Sea - Wiki

Evaporation greatly exceeds precipitation and river runoff in the Mediterranean, a fact that is central to the water circulation within the basin. Evaporation is especially high in its eastern half, causing the water level to decrease and salinity to increase eastward. This pressure gradient pushes relatively cool, low-salinity water from the Atlantic across the basin; it warms and becomes saltier as it travels east, then sinks in the region of the Levant and circulates westward.

The Med Sea Water currents
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42f9e31df5df.gif[/atsimg]
The red dot is a estimation of where cairo would be.

And here is the Levant, where the salt currents begin to sink.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca8bf0aeaae0.png[/atsimg]

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Sounds like it could be possible to pull electricity from the air due to the high salt content. If I'm reading it right the air drops in the Levant and travels toward the Pyramids. With the right aparatus on top, the pyramids could "grab" that charged air and collect it. Amazing find! I will do more research in the morning. Gotta get some crash time now. Thanks VonDoomen! Sleep well!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
hmm, i haven't put too much thought into the pyramids being a power generator...at least not physical power. I wouldn't doubt for a second that it is possible. the hieroglyphs featuring the Baghdad Battery is pretty compelling..I believe it to be true. they had to light the passageways somehow, and like you said there is an absence of soot or anything to indicate light by flame..

I read the information about the Giza Plateau being at the intersection of 3 tectonic plates, I find that very interesting... when I think of "pyramid power" i think of the pyramid acting as a spiritual or intellectual beacon.

There is much information out there about telluric currents and a world wide icosohedron-shaped energy grid on earth. "Ley lines" are metaphysical pathways that transmit energies all around the world. They were first plotted starting with major sacred sites like stonehenge and the pyramids, then it was discovered that these places are in specific areas of high energy and energy vortexes. there are energetic lines that travel between holy sites, and there are many points where Ley lines intersect. These intersection points are where the vortexes and holy sites are found.

The ancients of the world were very aware of this grid and these vortexes, and sacred "religious" and spiritual edifices are placed on these areas for a reason. When a church or a pagan alter is placed upon one of these sites, the activities and thoughts and actions performed at these sites is amplified throughout the whole grid,, and the ideas spread into the minds and hearts of all other sites connected.....this is why during the Christian crusades they destroyed pagan churches and zoroastrian churches and ALL churches, and proceeded to erect a Christian Church directly on top of the rubble of the old church. The church must stay in that location in order to stay so connected to the grid. thusly the participants of other religions around the world who have also "incidentally" made their sacred site on these grid points unknowingly receive (and transmit) energetic information. THIS IS ANCIENT SECRET KNOWLEDGE, PEOPLE. This is just one example of the kind of darkness the government and religious leaders keep us in.

this is what the pyramid is. except the great pyramid is somewhat special compared to most grid points in the sense that it is huuge and amplifies the energy a lot more than most places...just think of the pyramid shape, it gathers energy and power and intelligence from the earth and projects it upward toward heaven...it's a giant amplifier for sure.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I will respond in full after class. However, I would like to point how few quality threads you have started. You mostly post here. If you don't like my work, then go write your own counter argument.

Frankly, if you have an issue alert a mod and he or she will look it over.
Yes, I rarely start threads. I enjoy discussing.
As I have said, I'm not trying to be offensive, mainly discussing your idea.
I will not start a thread discussing your idea, instead I will discuss your idea in it's thread. If you want people to just agree with you and state how good of an idea it is.... I'm sorry but I don't do that.

But like I said in the op, I don't claim to know for a fact what happened.nim only offering up theories, considiering this is a conspiracy theory site.

And I'm only discussing them with you, as this is a discussion forum.

Yes, there is an establishment which says "what is, and what isnt" and there is lots of evidence to back up these things. But as a true scientist we always need to question these BOUNDARIES and attempt to examine other possibilities.

Yes, but speculating without evidence removes your from the basis of your extrapolation.
I'm not saying you shouldn't, but if there are holes they will be found. If you want to discuss ideas, then prepare to defend your ideas, even if they are speculation.

If you believe that historians know 100% accurately what happened at this time then you are welcome to believe that.

I don't, but I'm aware of why various historians say "X", and why others disagree with them.
If you think all historians agree you are sadly mistaken.
But they are well able to provide both evidence and solid theories as to why they believe this.

And your arguement neglects the theory that the pyramids belonged to a civilization much older than egypt. Can you honestly say you have done the work to prove 100% without a doubt that this is not the case? Because I bet you have not!

Nothing is 100%, in science even the theory the moon orbits the Earth is not 100%.
However, we can look at the evidence.
We have tombs from the builders of the pyramids, dating to the time period.
We have a workers village, where the workers building the pyramids were housed.
We have graphitti in the pyramid, running between the stones with names of the pharaoh and the gangs hauling the stones.
We have the quarrys the stones were taken from, with tool marks that match the tools of the Egyptians, with similar tool marks on the pyramids as well.
We have carbon dating from the mortar used in the pyramid, taken from several different locations, dating back to the era of the 4th dynasty.
(Actually, the dating pushes back the date by about 200 years. Not all that much when considering we're dealing with hundreds, but means the king's lists we have are being re-examined.)
We have a series of pyramids leading up to the ones at Giza, and the general petering out of pyramid building following the 4th Dynasty.
Each pyramid is surrounded by a temple complex, with walls, a prayer center for the pharaoh where offerings were made. Around the funerary complex were detailed the great accomplishments of the pharaoh.

The difference between you and me is you claim to know what happened N-thousand years ago.
I dont! I had a member from my previous thread ask me to do a thread about this.

I don't claim to know, I'm simply following the evidence. If new evidence comes forward that really changes things, then I'll follow it.

As i mentioned in the beginning, i was somehwat reluctant to do so, as I wasnt really interested in my theory.

Oh for Pete's sake! Be interested in your theory! Tend it, develop it, find proof and present it! Nothing changes if you squirrel your ideas away.
Just don't accept people to stand around clapping you on the back exclaiming "Well done, now that's a theory!"

Well, technically if you want to keep referring to science, you're referring to a hypothesis, not a theory.

You are here arguing to me that whoever built this-v
Could not have built this?-v

Nope.
I'm saying there's no evidence they did.
I'm saying the only thing you are basing this off of is conjecture and that you think a panel from a temple looks like a modern light bulb.
A panel which contains text detailing what it is being conveyed in the image itself.

Though lets say that it IS a battery, that's 400 years later than what you have at -

Oops, actually I'm sorry. i messed my math here.
2700 BC, and the batteries are supposedly from 200 or so BC.

That's quite a bit more.
Glad I have someone else do my taxes.

But anyway, lets say that it IS a battery.
so what?
Lets say it's just four hundred years later, like in my earlier bad math.

How much does the world change in four hundred years?

Now, what exactly is amazing about the pyramids?
Are they incredibly complicated?
No, they are actually simple designs. Stacked roughly squared stones.
You can see the precursors of the idea starting with mastabas, with their slightly tilted walls.
The step pyramids continued the idea, the bent pyramid nearly had and the red pyramid finished it.
Am I decrying their impressiveness?
No
The great achievement of the Egyptian pyramids is the organization that went into building them.
They had much of their workforce sitting on their heels when the Nile flooded.
They managed to, as one of the first real nations of the world, organize their people to create the great monuments.
Egypt had plenty of "currency" at the time, chiefly food, which it exchanged with other cultures and became very wealthy.

Are you also asking me to believe that this artifact which was dated to around 400 years after the pyramids, was the first or only one created?

I'm asking you for real proof it was a battery, and not what it appears to be, chiefly a ceremonial jar.

We also know that the egyptians supposedly carve over heiroglyphs.

Yep, like to wipe a ruler out of history.
Very little is actually contained in hieroglyphs, however, as they were holy writing.
For example, they never wrote down the instructions for how to make a human mummy.
Instead Bob Brier had to work off of the scrolls we have for the Apis bulls.
(Which, by the way, the temple of the bulls is much more architecturally complex than the pyramids.)

I dont really want to argue anymore about how mainstream historians will view my theory or i would be on a different website alltogether. Id much rather discuss what other possibilities are out there.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm discussing with you.
But... fine.

edit on 4-2-2011 by RuneSpider because: Oops.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

well i guess you missed the point of the threads.

Possible uses for the pyramids. I was researching alternative theories about the pyramids. The purpose of the thread wasnt to debate wether or not this was the actual use. I cant sit here and legitimately argue for or against this. The time spawn between then and now is so great, and there is a lot of missing info. If you dont wish to discuss other possible uses of the pyramids, then dont post in the thread. Youve pretty much ruined and derailed this thread with your arguing already...

But i'll let you know, I got applause from the mods for this thread... idk you should spend some more time authoring your own threads and sticking your neck out then just bashing other peoples work.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believed to have seen a documentary that told me pyramids used to be covered in some sort of glass or mirror? The only thing that remains now is the top.

Something else, i also know of the Djed pillar, which definitely has something to do with generating electricity! The image you showed of the light bulb (first post) also has a different version with a djed pillar supporting it! I have read quite some articles where the Djed pillar seems to be the source of electricity and people are often connected to it.

i got some more interesting stuff about the djed and electricity usage if you want.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

By all means, start a new thread or post it in here! since I have never heard of this pillar, although I am thinking of one special pillar in India maybe?, but by all means, post it! Im curious to see what you have!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

thanks i did

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join