It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Town Monopolizing the energy and refusing residents and businesses to use full potential of So

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Things like this make me sick to my stomach. It is bad enough what Big Government does on a day to day basis, but I guess the small town and communities feel the need to screw over the citizens as much as possible as well.

Renewable energy has become an attractive option for some, but one local business invested nearly $200,000 in a solar system that the borough won't let it use to capacity.

Publicopinion

So apparently this town runs off of a pool system for borough residents and if the local municipality loses money, then they limit those saving money from solar generation. I don't know...Maybe I am not understanding this right. How do people stop this from happening in other towns? Does this happen anywhere else?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If i was that guy i would do this:
Google.com
Search:Unchip XYZ solar panel system 2010 edition

I'm sure it's pretty easy to. I mean you shouldn't take it when this type of thing happens.
Hire someone to install that for 200K
Probs could find someone to help you out with that problem for less than $1,000

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

that is discusting
"No you can not help the environment, that will not be tolerated"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
It is a perfect example of a fear enslavement trap to their local borough residents. The municipality loses money by having these residents and businesses get smart and buy into renewed energy. They then tell the residents that if this continues, then the price for people who can not afford energy saving devices like solar panels will go up. I also live in a small town and most of the people here are gullable that way. They continue to do what the system tells them for their own good, losing any backbone that they might of had.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The municipality loses money by having these resisdents and businesses get smart and buy into renewed energy. They then tell the residents that if this continues, then the price for people who can not afford energy saving devices like solar panels will go up.

I can only see the municipality losing money if they also have interests in energy production. Their whole stand sounds like it is based more of fear than proper accounting. If energy prices come down then everyone wins, except those producing the costly energy. If some reputable economic forecasting is done to show who the actual winners, losers and overall cost to the community is done, it could help build public support. There are a few different ways things could work.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED

that is discusting
"No you can not help the environment, that will not be tolerated"

wrong, dude:
"No you can not be energy independent/stop paying us for power, that will not be tolerated"

it's all about the money

OP good find S&F
this the same crap with not allowing people to collect rainwater because it belongs to the state/community whatever, these people better fight it

edit on 2-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

edit on 2-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

i know... i was being sarcastic/making them sound like terrible people (which they are)

but thanks for clearifying

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

no problemo
edit on 2-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In California, some Dairy Farmers created their own electrical powerplants using methane production.

They are required to tie into the PG&E system. Any and all production of electricity they do not get paid for, only what they use is discounted.

All instituted after they were built. NOW, no one builds them.

So tell me, does the government want self sustaining systems or do they just want the control?

new topics

top topics

join