It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK buys 3000 chairs for 1,857.53 a piece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
In a show of government overspending in overdrive the Ministry of Defence states it bought the chairs for a discount but refuses to say by how much. The real question is how much of the money actually went to fund black projects.

Source

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They have the control of the money from taxpayers, they can buy from business of their relative. Man, that is easy money.

I guess the real value of the chair will be no more than 200. What a deal!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think there taking pointers from the US you say you pay that much for a chair really pay 150 bucks and pocket the rest for black projects. No one pays 2000 for a chair or a toliet is all a scam.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They're very good though, those Aeron Chairs. They retail at about 600 pounds sterling (about $1000). I know this because I nearly bought one a few months ago!

Very much a status symbol in Soho media-land these days. If they're ordering that many they shouldn't have been paying more than 350 pounds each I'd imagine. Civil servants, bless 'em.

[edit on 13-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well you never know if the US is funding black programs or just on a shopping spree cuz we have the money but England doesn't have as much so this must be for a black program unless they are out of their minds it could happen

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Sounds like somebodys brother in law owns the chair factory :-)))

Or maybe they dont care how much they spend because they're not paying for it! I dont think they're hidding anything, they just dont care. They've all got fat wallets so they wanted a nice comfortable chair to sit their wallet fat on.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The chair I am sitting in right now in my office was about $1,600.00... I would hope if I bought 3000 of them I would have got a HUGE discount however.

Another case of the people getting the shaft and elite getting the crank with which to turn said shaft.

m...

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
*pulls out calculator*

HOLLY CRAP!

Thats... $5572590.00

I find it interesting that it ended up being such an rounded off number... I smell something fishy indeed.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think I know what chair they are talking about. It is perfect for any government official

or maybe it was this one

This one is funny cuz it was a guy trying to illegally cross the border into the US from Mexico.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Haha
I love that second pic he actually though it was going to work and instead he looks like an arse maybe he could have tricked the naked eye...nah I take that back but what about X-rays and all of the other equipment the US border patrol has

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Brings another movie quote to mind
!996'S Independence Day

You don't actually think they spend $20,000.00 on a hammer, $30,000.00 on a toilet seat do you?

top topics

join