It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. briefs Wall Street about al Qaeda threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"In post-9/11 world we routinely give security briefings to security personnel in various parts of the private sector. This was in the course of a periodic update in the evolving threat stream," said Jim Margolin, spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Investigation in New York. "I would stress that it's our belief that the information that was discussed was not imminent, not specific," Margolin said.

Source

So now the terrorist groups are going to take out Wall-Street, at some time, some place, some how.

Reminds me of a comedy I saw some time ago featuring Robin Williams, talking about one of the Bush era cronies coming out saying "I don't know when, I don't know where, but something is going to happen!".

Tho on the tin-foil-side of things, could this also be a warning of something planned, and not from the people in Burkas and sandals?

The thing that I do find interesting, and points to the constant propaganda of fear and such, is the comment in the article of:

In post-9/11 world we routinely give security briefings to security personnel in various parts of the private sector.

Can you look at this and think: "This is how we keep people scared, and in-line with our taking of liberties, and freedom, by constantly reminding them that there is a chance, if they go too far out of line, something "bad" will happen to them. ".

Then again, I could be completely off my rocker.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Cygnis because: Fixing a quote.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Could be paving the way to a "False Flag".

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

there is no doubt about it in my book.
Now we know why Hilary brought all
the Ambassadors back home to warn
them of the violent protests expected
at each foreign Embassy when the US
Dollar crashes.

Celente predicted this one.

Of course the fake attack by Al Queda will
just be a ruse for the cover story.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

there is no doubt about it in my book.
Now we know why Hilary brought all
the Ambassadors back home to warn
them of the violent protests expected
at each foreign Embassy when the US
Dollar crashes.

Celente predicted this one.

Of course the fake attack by Al Queda will
just be a ruse for the cover story.

Oddly, I find that whole idea more credible then some other things we are being led to believe.

Then again, possibilities are endless.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
but I do feel sorry for those poor folks
who still have money left in a bank.
Those are gonna be some PO people
when they find out they have been wiped
out. If Wall Street falls, the FED falls
shortly after.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
With a tin foil hat on... And given the fears raised in the ME, right now is the perfect time for an incident that could unite nations..

It's a pretty sucky thought actually

But I have no idea how we in the West are going to dig ourselves out of this debt without seeing the type of uprising we are seeing in the ME..

Simply put, the elite do not reflect the reality on the ground and the current uprisings must be causing them deep worries..

Pandoras box has been opened...
edit on 1/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Is this poetic justice mixed with a little irony? I kind of like it, reminds me of the good old days in Angola and Zim, sometimes you have to fight evil with a greater evil on a leash. In this case, if something untoward happens it probably won't be Al Queda, more likely Al CIAeda directly. I am sure the TPTB would want a clean operation, one that is unlikely to screw up during deployment. One would have to question though, who would win in this scenario, false flag or otherwise? We know it won't be the "people" in general so I guess we need some reductionist logistics on board to determine which group or agency will commission an event to be enacted.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well, one way or anothe, the house of cards is gonna come down, and none too gently to say the least.

Question is.. What will happen and how will we respond once is does start to free-fall at a fast pace.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Well, one way or anothe, the house of cards is gonna come down, and none too gently to say the least.

Question is.. What will happen and how will we respond once is does start to free-fall at a fast pace.

I guess that depends on the cause of the downfall.. if it is the people, then the choices will be in the peoples hands.. if it really is an outside influence (perceived or real) then I am sure people will raise their game accordingly, and if it is the administration then the people will step in to fix what is broken.

Unless the blame is placed on the shoulders of an external source, I honestly feel that the people will be the one to transform the nation into one that reflects what they want.. the thing with Tunisia and Egypt is that it proves the people can do it... and that knowledge and confidence is apparently unstoppable.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this, it’s a sign of the times on ATS when the first comment is “this is paving the way for a false flag”.

Its only sensible to inform wall street about the threat posed by violent Islamic extremist groups, wall street would be a prime target. I would be more worried if they weren’t bothering to keep Wall Street informed. Its nothing to do with propaganda or restricting your civil liberties, its about keeping you safe, admittedly they may get the balance between liberty and security wrong, but in this case the scales have not moved. They are mealy keeping the people informed, and yes another terrorist attack is inevitable.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

"another terrorist attack is inevitable".

Yes, we hearthat all the time, and have since shortly after 9/11 happened. We hear it weekly, if not daily.

and once in a while, something is reported in the news "Mysterious package found" or "Someone left a robot on the corner of a steet, but don't touch it, it might be a bomb".

If it was really a problem, and not just propaganda, the alphabet-soup agencies would be all over it like white on rice, and we'd never hear a peep.

The fact we MUST hear about it, makes me think of "The boy who cried wolf". The only problem so far is, we haven't stopped listening.. Because it has been so far ingrained into our every day lives.

At this point, Bankers, Government, and such other groups, are all on the same play book and payroll, right along with the "terrorists".

It's a war for our minds and on our opinions.

Nothing more then an excuse.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

I don’t agree with you.

During the troubles in Ireland someone famously said they only have to get lucky once, we have to get lucky every time. That is why another attack is inevitable, it might not be on the scales of 9/11, but other Americans and western citizens will die at the hands of terrorists, this is inevitable.

More people die in traffic accidents every day than die from acts of terrorism in the western world, yet we don’t hear about traffic accidents like we do terrorist attacks. Why? Because terrorism is a very hot political potato, it stirs the public’s emotions, it can change things, if its not dealt with it can bring down entire governments and even entire nations, even ones as powerful as America. The threat is very real, sometimes it is exaggerated and sometimes it is understated but there is most defiantly a threat. The best way to combat this threat is from within communities and that is why there is so much media attention. Not because they are preparing you for the next “false flag”.

Also the intelligence agencies are all over this threat. You are at risk of becoming complacent of the terrorist threat.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That expression relates to the Brighton Bombing.. tho what you have missed is the context of the notion that they (IRA) have to only be lucky once in that it relates to how a Government responds to these threats.

Maggies Gov admitted that to protect the PM, Cabinet, etc from that once they would HAVE to take OUR liberties away, and that was something Maggie would not do, as that would be an admission of defeat..

So to prevent that once, we have to surrender our freedoms, which is not a great path to be on..

*I was outside the Grand when she went up, waiting from friends who where working inside. which is which is why the statement is etched in my memory as is her response.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Thank you for the information regarding that particular quote but regardless of the context the meaning is still the same. The security services have to get lucky every time and the terrorists only once.

And I agree that to remove all liberties in favour of security would be admitting defeat however this thread is only about the security services informing Wall Street of the threat posed by Al’Qa’ida. Liberties remain intact, although I do agree that from time to time they get the balance wrong one way or the other it is a matter of personal opinion where the scales between liberty and security should be balanced. For example I would advocate a complete DNA and figure print database of the entire population, however some would say this is a step too far, it’s a matter of opinion. That however has very little to do with this thread as civil liberties are not being infringed upon by the security services informing Wall Street of a threat.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
For example I would advocate a complete DNA and figure print database of the entire population,
what a pathetic idea and only shows how much of a robot/ sheeple you are .
Why not lock everyone up just in case 1 of them is a criminal .
Come to my house and demand fingerprints see what happens !
The fact that you have more stars than posts is worrying to say the least .
I hope people will see you for the timewaster you are

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

But you can't exclude the outcome of not talking to Wall Street, The Baltic Exchange bombing springs to mind

The whole theme is how far do you go to ensure the high value targets are protected?

Not going far enough puts lives at risk and going to far completely strips us of our liberties.

While stripping us of our liberties around the high value targets simply moves the threat to softer targets.

There is no win in this situation.. all there is, is endurance..

edit on 1/2/11 by thoughtsfull because: Added detail

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

trying to reason with him is pointless mate your talking to the author of the thread " The nwo doesnt exsist stop being ignorant "

NUFF SAID !

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I definitely smell something being cooked up. Far too many times we have gotten a "heads up" on what's "inevitable," aaaand it usually comes true. I don't get how people don't pick up on this. Al Qaeda is one giant false flag

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
damn right bro , ask Zbigniew Brezinski he knows a bit about al quaeda

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostViking
damn right bro , ask Zbigniew Brezinski he knows a bit about al quaeda

Hey man, it's only a coincidence

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join