It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. briefs Wall Street about al Qaeda threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
yeah true just like the fact that
there were emergency drills on the days of 911 AND 7/7

coincidence ok !
move along nothin to see here!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes I would agree with what you have said but it opens up a whole can of worms around counter-terrorism. How far do you go, it’s a problem that is always going to exist as terrorism will always be a threat.

I do not think that informing and advising a target such as Wall Street about a terrorist threat removes any liberties but it does increase security due to higher vigilance. Therefore I have no problem with them being informed and fail to understand why anyone would have a concerned about this, would it not be more worrying if they were not to inform Wall Street. An attack on Wall Street would be much bigger than just an attack on a street, it would have a devastating effect on the already fragile American and international economic markets.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Very true and it has always been a very fine line for anyone to walk.. but to get the higher level of vigilance you have to take what steps? for me the whole thing revolves around what those steps are and if they infringe on people rights, if they do start to infringe on people rights then I really think that needs very careful consideration and not become the norm, and it is that latter part, these things becoming the norm that I feel has happened time and time again.

<< 1   >>

join