It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who or What is in this "Mug Shot?"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
You could use photobucket. Its really easy. You could then copy and paste link here

...while we're waiting for the op's pics - how do you that?... i tried to c&p from my photobucket (using the img link) but apparently theres more to it than that... clue me in, please... its gotta be faster than uploading one pic at a time to the ats albums, then posting that link...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ETeeTime

I'm in Ohio too and its started here as well! I have never liked snow....

I see that you got it uploaded finally. Its a very interesting image. I have no idea what it could be though.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I download mine to shutterfly. If photobucket is like shutterfly then just go to the picture you want to post and right click the image. It should give you a choice. Pick the one that says "copy image location". Voila. Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Finally - I did an edit on my previous post and added 2 images...I'll attach a couple more - the image changes depending on the angle it is viewed

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I meant just to link to the webpage

On here, you could go to the "image" button on the tool bar above where you type replies, enter the URL of the image (I think its just the regular url, without img tags.) and it should just pop up. I always hit the preview button to make sure everything comes out okay.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

I'm only on here this late since I might be taking a snow day off from work - usually I get up at 3:30 AM....unless I get caught up in some interesting reading here...thanks ATS for my sleep deprivation issues.

And I've had some say it is a man, others a lady...who knows? But it was unexpected to see those bits of residue arrange themselves in a human-like image, complete with eyes, nose, hair, etc...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Very neat. I don't have any idea what it is either. Did the image just appear inside the cup after drinking from it or was it like that after sugar was put in or what? The only thing that doesn't look right to me is the curved line above the image. Did you do that or was it like that? I guess we need more details from you. Thanks for the pictures.

Edited to say it definitely looks female to me.

edit on 31-1-2011 by SavannahJane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It only looks like Jesus if you know/or have an idea of what Jesus looks like.

Just imagine all the other burnt toast impressions and tea leaf formations of Native American and Hindu Gods that you miss out on several times a year.

The conscious mind can only recognize something it already knows of

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SavannahJane

To answer your questions - the mix did not need sugar - it was light tan in color and looked like regular hot cocoa when hot water was added. I did not alter the image in any way, i.e., touch it, scratch it, etc. If you look closely you can see some powder on the sides of the mug. The weird thing about it was that it dried within a half hour...I have it wrapped in a plastic bag.

Here are 2 more photos of it:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

It could be a simple case of pareidolia.

Pareidolia is a type of illusion or misperception involving a vague or obscure stimulus being perceived as something clear and distinct.

Source

Just thought this might be a possibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Cool. Thanks for the extra information. It really is neat. I don't blame you I would have bagged it too!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

You are correct - nobody alive today truly knows what Jesus looked like. Maybe he appeared in many forms? Like I said, my first impression and of a couple of friends opinions was some Rembrandt painting or Mona Lisa type image, not religious.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OH...Now I get it, mug shot! LoL

Umm, is your cup bleeding dude? OMG it's the virgin Mary.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Okay. The second photo in the last set looks like it could be male. I can't make up my mind. Some help I am.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Interesting - thanks for the info. It certainly is a possibility. I'm just having a tough time seeing plain old residue from the bottom of the cup. BTW, I have had more of that cocoa mix and nothing remotely close showed up, so who knows? I guess the multitude of colors that shouldn't have formed from plain light brown mix bothers me. It just caught me off guard, and I usually rinse my mug right away in order to avoid unwanted biological cultures to form.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I know it's getting late, so I forgive you that it took you awhile to catch that witty title. If that's the Virgin Mary, I'd be scared...she's certainly no looker...lol. I might want to check if it is bleeding, it's been in my dresser drawer for a month now...I am afraid to look!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

I know it's getting late, so I forgive you that it took you awhile to catch that witty title. If that's the Virgin Mary, I'd be scared...she's certainly no looker...lol. I might want to check if it is bleeding, it's been in my dresser drawer for a month now...I am afraid to look!

People on here will do anything to get their post counts up - I've learned the art of double posting already

edit on 31-1-2011 by ETeeTime because: It's getting late - double posted

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

What? You don't enjoy a little bit of bacteria in your hot chocolate?! LOL

The colors are interesting. Maybe the actual "residue" is thicker in places and thinner in others causing the variations?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Jesus may not have a factually verifiable face, but if you were him, and he lived on after death, wouldnt he come in the form that most beleive he would look like? Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It looks like my aunt Sherry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join